You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Grasping Borini's puzzling decision (ESPN article)

tlw content

He offers absolutely nothing and has zero quality. Honestly, I think I'd do the same as him if Liverpool stuck me up top. I'd have no idea what I'm doing, but I'd at the very least put a shift in and run around a lot in a similar manner. It's all just aimless work; needless fluster. He's like an office busybody fretting over the brew rota.

I've no issue with Borini himself. He's perfectly entitled to stay as he's under (a very good) contract. He just isn't very good.

He clearly has no future with us though so to see him being brought on today is baffling. I'd have rather seen Ojo given a chance - else why involve him at all these last few weeks? When else is going to be a good time to try him?

Brendan said he would excite the fans. How he thought he'd get away with that one I'll never know because he's the least exciting type of striker going.

He's about as exciting as finding a lump on your bollock.

Thing is, this time Rodgers was never trying to blag us and get away with anything, he really believed that, bad judgement and extreme naivity on his part, traits we have become accustomed to.

Are we not excited?

Rodgers never came out and said that quote about we would be excited about signing borini though did he?

That quote was said off the record to someone in the press and they assumed he meant borini, Rodgers could have been talking about sahin or robben who he was trying to sign at the time which was confirmed by carra.

Rodgers never came out and said that quote about we would be excited about signing borini though did he?

That quote was said off the record to someone in the press and they assumed he meant borini, Rodgers could have been talking about sahin or robben who he was trying to sign at the time which was confirmed by carra.

I know you like Brenda but really all the above is moot mate when he spunked £10m and £3m a year in wages on him when he uses him as some sort of motivational tool for his carrot smoke and mirror stick rehabilitation of Mario. Rodgers can rebuild him, faster, stronger, a supermong forged by making him watch colin pascoe torture Fabio to death his italian screams sending Marios white eyes darting in panic with Mike Marsh arriving just in time pumping balls up dead fast to releive the tension is the just the type of break and then build them up again programme to turn him into a player.