You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool (May 3 2014)

WhiskeyJar

we need to buy 2 unbelievable centre backs to continue playing like this. even with that I dont think its possible to play like that all the time. city are the closest team to us in terms of style but even with arguably the best centre back in the world they still have fernandinho in front of him.

Call me mad but I don't think it's changed THAT much, we were never going to get the goals and that was us being tactically stupid again , it's all about City fucking up, if they lose 1 or 2 or draw both, It's just they need to lose 1 now instead of draw

Knew this game would be a bitch with our defense and the Pulis mongrels in full cry.

Fucking sad end to a great season. 

The thing was there was no need for it.  We self destructed without any cause to do so.  Mind boggling.

Nailing Sakho? Lazy from Jamie - he had a decent game. 

The real calamity was Johnson and, sorry to say, the manager who made bizarre substitutions and hasn't shown he is capable of organising a defence as yet. 

We are equally as one-dimensional as Mourinho's Chelsea. 

As Martin Keown said the other day on Football Focus - when you go on these longing winnig runs, confidence is brittle by the end. It's how you respond. The manner of these two defeats will take some time to fix - I think it can only be done by clearing out virtually the whole defensive unit.

Johnson was not shit for the first 75 mins, after that he was nowhere like the rest.

Does anyone know why Agger has been left out last few games?

No idea at all, but I think it could have made the difference if we'd had him playing. Would him and Skrtel have allowed that to happen in the last minutes like that? I don't think so. But that's football for you isn't it? There's always something we don't agree with, and it's just utterly pointless even arguing about it now.

It hurts and is badly hard to believe we've just watched that happen, but there's nothing that can be done. Hopefully the wounds of the last 8 days will heal over the next few months and we'll have learnt a few things.

If you'd told me back in August that I'd be gutted that we weren't going to win the league, and only finish second whilst being one of the highest scoring sides in Europe, I'd have assumed you were barking.

People will lay into Rodgers, but the same attacking positive attitude is why we strung eleven wins together to get in this position. We went for broke and he'll learn from this.

Johnson was not shit for the first 75 mins, after that he was nowhere like the rest.

He was shit all match. Had nothing to do defensively for the first 75 but still kept fucking up and falling over going forward.

Moses didn't miss the goal, he missed the ball, the fucking useless cunt.

Are really sure we're going to beat Newcastle? They've got some really dangerous attacking players. Surely we will score, but on current form we will concede at least 2-3.

Rodgers needs to scream in the dressing room and some players should never play for us again.

On a positive note, Henderson is back next week, so ne need for more of Lucas. I hope he gets sold next Monday, for any price.

Mourinhio masterclass

For what it's worth - I don't think all the 'We believe' insignia draped around Melwood did anyone any favours. Placed far too much emotion into the situation when the club really needed to give off the persona of steely iciness. But what can you do?

Be prepared to get battered by all and sundry for the next few months now. Also be prepared for this go down into football folklore - the team that bottled it etc. It will nicely cover up from Mourinho's blatant failure. 

• Downvote 1

1.This defense couldn't defend the virginity of Susan Boyle. We give away too many goals, Johnson is an abomination, Skrtel is a ticking time bomb, Lucas is just not very good, seen it coming since Hendo got red really. Apart from that, we simply bottled it as always.

2.Come on Villa.

3.It's been a crazy season, proper transfers in the Summer and we'll get back stronger after such heartbreak.

4.I need a vacation

5.Fucking hell.

He was shit all match. Had nothing to do defensively for the first 75 but still kept fucking up and falling over going forward.

When he plays shit Ill happily say that but tonight that was not the case, in the last 15 yes but every player was.

If we are looking for a scapegoat its Lucas,contributed nothing on the ball and when we were under pressure at the end his defensive side wasn't up to it.

Edited by JermainePennant