You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Petition regarding disgusting comments about Hillsborough

lebron

Hi!

The ignorance about this subject has been well documented in the past, and it doesn't stop with the gutter press it seems. Back here in Norway one of the journalists of NRK (the equivalent of BBC) has been goading LFC supporters with the "always the victims" and "at least we didn't kill any fans" phrases. It's not one isolated incident either, he's been at it several times.

Well, a few bright minds have decided enough is enough and started an e-petition to stop him from going to the WC to comment on it. He's been out to apologise (half-heartedly), but only after receiving a warning from his bosses. Basically, LFC supporters in Norway are well pissed off (there's been numerous reports on the liverpool.no site, and they've written an open letter to the director of NRK to make them see the seriousness behind the tweets). Basically, the more people sign the petition the more fuss the rest of the press will make (I think/hope). The aim is to prevent the reporter from going to the WC on our funding (TV license, not sure that's the correct word...)

Care to help? Follow the link, and put your name on it.

http://www.opprop.net/vm_uten_christian_nilssen

• Upvote 13

Amigo, you are going to have to do a bit of translation !  I guess fornavn and etternavn and the e-mail address are easy enough, but I could do with a bit of help with the rest

http://www.opprop.net/vm_uten_christian_nilssen

Hope it comes through translated.

No it dosent but its..

first name

last name

city

country

email

Done. Am from India though. Will the NRK director see beyond Norway?

No idea tbh. Can't be a bad thing with a bigger number of signatures I reckon...

Thanks to everyone for the effort. Our 2nd biggest paper have picked up on it, hopefully it'll cause enough of buzz for him to be denied the trip, as well as some further enlightenment on the case.

Quick update:

Gained a bit of momentum this now, and doing the rounds on most of the better papers over here. Our main paper (VG) and NRK are still keeping schtum on their online sites. Surprise, surprise, the director at NRK is a regular guest at Old Trafford, and the editor of the sports section of VG is the father of former Utd player Mats Møller Dæhli (as well as being a huge supporter of them).

The director of NRK has said something like this about the "incident": 

He's been a bit too emotionally involved, and it's not that serious an incident. We must remember that our employees have got the right to be private as well as public figures". Say what???? A lot of Norwegians have written letters to the company to get our license fees back if not something is done, as well as writing to the major news corps in the UK, the club, etc. 

The idiot journalist hasn't even removed the tweets yet, so I'm guessing he's not too remorseful...

Grrrr... Fuming from this, reading the match report from Saturday earlier had me in such a great mood as well, now my whole day is practically ruined. I'm fully aware that there are still some idiots out there that mock our tragedies (we have our own that mock München too, but they are becoming fewer and fewer in my experience). As soon as we get a little bit of sporting success, the Manc supporters over here come crawling out of the woodwork steaming of bitterness. Hopefully you're in a better state where you are.

Thanks again to everyone taking part!

I don't want him to miss the World Cup, he should be sacked, because he's obviously as useless as a journalist as he is a human being.

Oh, I fully agree. Can't see that happening here though. At best he won't be a pundit for a while (including the wc). Sooooo many ignorant people about this still, and the Manc supporters over here are even bigger dickheads than those actually living in Mancland.

I actually have a brother-in-law that has overstepped the line, twice. First time I told him he was being an idiot and told him to get his facts straight (this was a few years back). He somehow didn't get the message though, and when he tried the always the victims line last winter, I threatened to tell on him for a fling he had a few years back. Haven't spoken to him since... Fair to say there will be a rather tense atmosphere when his and my family will all celebrate Christmas at my in-law's house this year...

Oh, I fully agree. Can't see that happening here though. At best he won't be a pundit for a while (including the wc). Sooooo many ignorant people about this still, and the Manc supporters over here are even bigger dickheads than those actually living in Mancland.

I actually have a brother-in-law that has overstepped the line, twice. First time I told him he was being an idiot and told him to get his facts straight (this was a few years back). He somehow didn't get the message though, and when he tried the always the victims line last winter, I threatened to tell on him for a fling he had a few years back. Haven't spoken to him since... Fair to say there will be a rather tense atmosphere when his and my family will all celebrate Christmas at my in-law's house this year...

I know, I'm Norwegian too. The saddest part is the fact that they ridicule Norwegian Reds who react to this because they don't think it concerns us but somehow in their mind it's perfectly fine for Norwegian United fans to make these despicable comments and jokes about it.