You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

What on earth gave you the impression I believed any of the shite in the press except the expectation we would sign Moreno ? Given Ayre has been over there a couple of times and the story has been running for several months that was not an unreasonable assumption

If I am frustrated at our seeming inability to get these deals away then I'm not alone on here.

Fucking hell it wasn't me getting my dick out at the Falcao story or do I even bother to comment on the vast majority of the stories . If you think I'm gullible then you've got the wrong bloke mate ; nothing further from the truth.

You sure?

theres a pattern of going after players we cant get. costa was gonna stay at atletico for CL and ended up winning league. willian was gonna go to spurs for more money then chelsea hijacked it. konoplyankas chairman was a mentalist and now falcao is going to madrid over us.

if I was cynical I d say we go after this big names to appease the fans knowing full well we wont get them.

• Upvote 2

This is exactly what's happening Paco. The owners are leaking supposed interested to the same professional bullshiters to keep the fans entertained and then.... aaaaaah we didn't make it but we really tried.

There WON'T BE another striker coming in this season. The liars and their disgusting fake scouser don't give a shit.

23 days left, until Mr Lizzie sees the light and changes his tune.

theres a pattern of going after players we cant get. costa was gonna stay at atletico for CL and ended up winning league. willian was gonna go to spurs for more money then chelsea hijacked it. konoplyankas chairman was a mentalist and now falcao is going to madrid over us.

if I was cynical I d say we go after this big names to appease the fans knowing full well we wont get them.

Willian we went in for as soon as he was available and then other clubs came in for him, with costa I think he used us for a new contract, and by the sound of things we enquired about falcao weeks ago.

Im not going to moan about the club going for the best out there, if we go for twenty top top players and only get one atleast we get one.

Keep at it Imo try for Reus, isco and any other top player that would improve us if we could get.

I agree, but the club, due to the unrealistic fans, have to be seen trying.

I find headlines like that on the Guardian website right now utterly ridiculous. "Liverpool inquire about Falcao." That's fucking headline news? I'd understand "Liverpoool make offer for Falcao," Or "Liverpool have a remote fucking chance of signing some world class player." But seriously...

Clearly, the story has been put out there by someone at the club. The charitable explanation would be to dampen expectations raised by Twitter gossip. The less charitable explanation would be to convince us that we're actually trying to sign a Suarez replacement of some significance...

Incidentally, has the press - or certain segments of it - ever been so well informed about what we're up to? Barret and Evans in particular (though not solely) have been remarkably well-informed about what's going on this summer...

• Upvote 1

The Telegraph 7th August 19:30

Liverpool club management look at You Tube videos of Radamel Falcao together.

"Lots of nodding and smiling ensued", says club source.

Update 7th August 19:36:

Liverpool discover cost of Falcao wages and loan fee.

Message ends.

• Upvote 2

"unrealistic fans" that's something new from the FSG on line appreciators....

Unrealistic because we'd expect to sign a top striker after (a) we qualified for the Champions League Group stages (b.)finished top of the League in revenues (c.) sold the BEST player, the BEST striker in the world.

How's that "unrealistic"? But why do I keep asking people who would suck a fart straight aout of JW's ass....

I don't think it's a coincidence this story (that we enquired a while ago but were turned away) has come out after Benzema has signed a new contract. Monaco want to cut his wage.

Not that it's us they're touting him to mind...

Cavani's agent name dropping us now, on one hand he is a very good striker however on the other he is horribly overrated and there is something I don't like about him for some reason

either way it beats the old days of being linked with Kenwyne Jones and Carlton Cole

Bobby officially notifies all other Cavani insults they're now 'At risk'.

He will provide a three month notice period plus generous redundancy settlement, and if a vacancy should come up for calling Balotelli a mong or slating Ian Ayre's penis in the meanwhile we'll get priority on our applications.

• Upvote 1