You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

8 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I've no idea what ones insinuating there and I'd rather not envisage as my mind is already Choc a bloc with the bizarre 

Ha ha , no slight on you , easy   just saying those adverts go on for ages while the presenter gradually runs out of useful things to say about the product , which isn't surprising when it's a fucking frying pan to be fair.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Ha ha , no slight on you , easy   just saying those adverts go on for ages while the presenter gradually runs out of useful things to say about the product , which isn't surprising when it's a fucking frying pan to be fair.

When you wake up in the early hours and the telly is still on, you seem to stare and listen to it for a bit before turning it over.

Its usually that fella with a bad Australian bumpkin accent with a paint roller. 

Ratched - 5.8/10

Kind of a mystery thing about a psychiatric ward. Paint by numbers "weird" series with zero charm, no character development and no real reason to watch. I thought it looked interesting as I liked American Horror Story a bit, and kept waiting for it to get better, but it didn't.

Completely forgettable, which is an achievement given how ludicrous the plot is.

24 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Ratched - 5.8/10

Kind of a mystery thing about a psychiatric ward. Paint by numbers "weird" series with zero charm, no character development and no real reason to watch. I thought it looked interesting as I liked American Horror Story a bit, and kept waiting for it to get better, but it didn't.

Completely forgettable, which is an achievement given how ludicrous the plot is.

Presumably that is a "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" inspired type thing?

Watched S2 of The Cockfields on UK Gold, it's a David Earl/Joe Wilkinson vehicle and i heard someone say it's The Royle Family if they were middle class. It's not quite that, but it's very gentle considering it's Joe Wilkinson. Season 1 was a three episode thing and it worked really well. Sue Johnston plays his Mum and Bobby Ball his stepdad. 

Not sure it works as well across six episodes and they've replaced the excellent Bobby Ball with the frankly unlikeable Gregor Fisher (despite it being the same character). Anyway, it's well worth a six episode blast if only for replacing Diane Morgan as Joe Wilkinson's fiancee with the delectable Susannah Fielding. Nothing much happens but The Isle of Wight looks lovely. 6/10

Susannah Fielding on The Cockfields: 'I saw how lonely and frightening fame  can be'    

• Upvote 1

Top Gear

I’m probably gonna be seen as being a worse human being than the women’s hospital bomber for admitting this, but I don’t mind these 3 presenting it now. 

Great tribute to Eddie Kidd on Sunday’s show. Heartbreaking to watch at times but it looked like it gave him a lot of joy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Top Gear

I’m probably gonna be seen as being a worse human being than the women’s hospital bomber for admitting this, but I don’t mind these 3 presenting it now. 

Great tribute to Eddie Kidd on Sunday’s show. Heartbreaking to watch at times but it looked like it gave him a lot of joy. 

Eddie Kidd died?

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Eddie Kidd died?

Still alive but he’s not in a good way. Don’t know if I’d have the courage to want to live like that.

They showed the accident that caused it and it’s bizarre he wanted to go ahead with it despite everyone telling him how stupid it was. 

Brave man and still a handsome bastard. 

Just now, Tj hooker said:

Watching Surgeons at the edge of life , I'm in awe of the skill of these people whatever they get paid it isn't enough 9.5 /10 

She wants to watch that, I'm too squirmish but they should be on far more than pretty much anyone on the planet. Absolute merlins 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

That Dopesick with Michael Keaton is very highly rated. Deffo one to add to my ever increasing list.

Might give this a go.

I'm cancelling Disney+ after The Beatles thing is done so might as well see what else I can get out of it first.