You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guitar enthusiasts.

withnail71

2 hours ago, scudger99 said:

He chucked on a pile of weight between getting that t-shirt and that pic being taken, a fucking massive growth spurt.  He won't be parted from it as it's one of his absolute favourites.  And as for his hair, he's a 15 year old lad wanting to be in a rock band, although he had it all lopped off at the start of summer and it looks miles better now.

He's got the potential to be a cracking bass player though, and he's teaching himself how to play guitar too, as well as taking drumming lessons.

Music utterly rules his life.  That and being a Liverpool fan !

To be fair he's a dead ringer for me when I was that age, right down to the bass playing. Would have been an Iron Maiden or Slayer T Shirt though. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, General Dryness said:

To be fair he's a dead ringer for me when I was that age, right down to the bass playing. Would have been an Iron Maiden or Slayer T Shirt though. 

All the hallmarks of a well spent youth.........

He's well into the Peppers, Jack White and he's off to see his current favourites Muse in a couple of weeks, his first gig.

He simply can't abide the shite that gets played in the charts, so he's got that in his favour too.

The best thing he's done all year was getting his hair cut off though, it was fucking horrendous.  The only reason he got it done was he was struggling to see the ball coming when playing football because it covered his eyes !

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Nice.

Really like SGs, never owned one but once went on a shopping expedition with the other guitarist in my old band, who was dead set on buying one. Must have played a couple of dozen SGs that day and the thing which struck me was the enormous variation in quality.

My mate ended up paying a bit more for a used 70s SG, most of the new ones we played had shocking set ups, some were virtually unplayable they were so bad. No wonder Gibson went tits up.

Hope Anderton's set yours up right Vlad.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Nice.

Really like SGs, never owned one but once went on a shopping expedition with the other guitarist in my old band, who was dead set on buying one. Must have played a couple of dozen SGs that day and the thing which struck me was the enormous variation in quality.

My mate ended up paying a bit more for a used 70s SG, most of the new ones we played had shocking set ups, some were virtually unplayable they were so bad. No wonder Gibson went tits up.

Hope Anderton's set yours up right Vlad.

I didnt get it from Andertons,I just used their stock photo. Paid £500 for mine from a place called Ideal Sounds in Runcorn. Run by a top bloke named Karl. The shop is a bit of a mess,stuff scattered everywhere,but its an Aladdin's cave of guitars and guitar stuff. I think the shop gets overlooked because there is another one called Frailers at the bottom of the same street but anytime I've been in there the fella in there is as miserable as fuck and looks at you as though you've just shit in his sarnies.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 04/01/2020 at 09:36, VladimirIlyich said:

I didnt get it from Andertons,I just used their stock photo. Paid £500 for mine from a place called Ideal Sounds in Runcorn. Run by a top bloke named Karl. The shop is a bit of a mess,stuff scattered everywhere,but its an Aladdin's cave of guitars and guitar stuff. I think the shop gets overlooked because there is another one called Frailers at the bottom of the same street but anytime I've been in there the fella in there is as miserable as fuck and looks at you as though you've just shit in his sarnies.

Andertons will price match.  My favourite shop.

10 minutes ago, Chris said:

Anyone own one of these?

I just bought one I can't use properly yet because I fell over the week and fucked up my thumb on my fretting hand. 

No, but I've been sniffing for a good while. Seen the demos and they're amazing.

What did it cost you Chris?

52 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

No, but I've been sniffing for a good while. Seen the demos and they're amazing.

What did it cost you Chris?

$259 in funny money, but I'm reviewing it, which will almost cover the cost. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Chris said:

Anyone own one of these?

I just bought one I can't use properly yet because I fell over the week and fucked up my thumb on my fretting hand. 

There are other ways to do the same thing out there. I can play most chords myself but they sound nothing like the songs because it's more about the rhythm and timing. Probably fine if you are already a half decent guitarist though.

8 hours ago, Chris said:

Anyone own one of these?

did it do a Stig and come quickly?  I have been mulling this over but I've heard some people have suffered horrendous delays in receiving them.  I think the normal stockists in the UK are now getting their hands on them so I'll probably go that route

4 hours ago, stringvest said:

did it do a Stig and come quickly?  I have been mulling this over but I've heard some people have suffered horrendous delays in receiving them.  I think the normal stockists in the UK are now getting their hands on them so I'll probably go that route

I live in the US. They FedEx'd it to me in 3 days. I know that doesn't help. 

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

There are other ways to do the same thing out there. I can play most chords myself but they sound nothing like the songs because it's more about the rhythm and timing. Probably fine if you are already a half decent guitarist though.

For me, a lot of it is about replicating the tones in the songs I'm trying to play. There are thousands of community uploaded tones you can download via the app so when you're playing the Sweet Child of Mine riff, for example, it actually sounds like Slash's set up. I'm not knowledgeable enough to figure that shit out myself. 

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Chris

What kind of reviews do you do? Is it your own site?

No mate, I work for a few UK tech sites doing freelance news and reviews. Normally, guitar stuff wouldn't fall under the remit, but there's a strong tech angle with this amp, with the mobile app and such. 

• Upvote 3