You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Finnan

DUFF

Just wondering how people on here feel how Finnan got on last season and if his days are over now Josemi has signed? I think his style of play will fit in with how Rafa wants to play with the the full backs pushing on to support the wingers.

I thought he was awfull. Sloppy in possesion and weak defensively. Basically what you would expect from a player who has played almost half his career outside of the Premiership. Way to go Ged. It is hard to seem him having a future if Josemi is considered first choice.

If Josemi has been bought as a squad player then it is a most peculiar transfer indeed as we are evidently short on cash.

I thought he did OK but I was expecting better.I think he'll get another chance to prove himself this year because Josemi isn't going to play every game.He may even be playing at RM if we don't buy anyone to replace Diouf.

BTW are you the same Duff from the old forum?

yes i am the same Duff from the previous forum i think i annoyed a fiair few people with my campaign to sign Duff himself!!!! I thought Finnan was poor defensively myself though i like him so would like to see him given another chance.

I think he should and will get another chance. He was injured last year (twice) and was surrounded by players who performed poorly. The whole squad underperformed except stevie g. He had Diouf in front of him for most of the games.

I think he should and will get another chance. He was injured last year (twice) and was surrounded by players who performed poorly. The whole squad underperformed except stevie g. He had Diouf in front of him for most of the games.

Without Diouf in those games he'd have been even worse, Diouf worked his plums off up and down that flank helping Finnan defensively and doing all the attacking alone, his crossing and finishing may be sh*te but noone can argue that his work rate wasn't there......as for Finnan, he has alot to prove but its Riise who should be more worried by the Josemi signing, he is a left back!

yes i am the same Duff from the previous forum i think i annoyed a fiair few people with my campaign to sign Duff himself!!!! I thought Finnan was poor defensively myself though i like him so would like to see him given another chance.

Welcome back.Speaking for myself,I thought your campaign was extremely impressive in its persistence.Do you think we should be trying to poach him from Chelsea or have you given up? ;-)

UTM - Josemi's definitely a right table leg.

cheers mate, yeah defo think we should try and get Duff though realistically we aint got the cash, i can promise i wont be campaigning like i was before for him as i have just about given up hope of him wearing a red shirt!

I thought he was disappointing last season considering how highly rated he was at Fulham, but due to the fact that it was his first season and was disrupted by injury I was willing to give him more another season before making a proper judgement. Whether he gets another chance to convince us now that Josemi has signed is debatable.

I thought he was disappointing last season considering how highly rated he was at Fulham, but due to the fact that it was his first season and was disrupted by injury I was willing to give him more another season before making a proper judgement. Whether he gets another chance to convince us now that Josemi has signed is debatable.

Its funny that, I was under the impression Finnan was good at Fulham too but was talking to a mate last week who works with a Fulham season ticket holder and he was saying that this lad always went on about how shit he was, even before we signed him, he was glad to see the back of him. The only player he says he'd hate to see leave is Steed.......

As an Irishman I love to see Irish players pulling on the red jersey. Sometimes they become legends Heighway & Whelan and sometime they become ....well.......Babb!!! Give Finnan another chance I really dont think he is that bad. When Duff was leaving Blackburn and was unsure who he was going to sign for he played for the Republic in a friendly in Lansdown road, he requested that YNWA be played over the tannoy at the start of the game. That was a call for Liverpool to come and get him. Sadly it never happened. Move on.

Finnan must know that this coming season will be the "make or break" time in his career. New, proven manager, and a fan base demanding success and knowlegeable enough to see talent, or lack off, will expect results. He had his holiday period last season with some iffy performances and trying to figure out how to cross a ball. This season will not be so forgiving. As an Irishman I hope he makes it, I really do. But another season like the last one and he can go.