You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If he does go somewhere else then we need to start asking questions, i.e. we're need to go after realistic targets. Nothing wrong with ambition of course but there has to be something tangible at the end.

I totally agree. In normal circumstances we would not have a chance of pulling this off, but the timing has meant that we do have a chance. Our level is probably a Tello, or similar - young and not able to break into a main squad, or a young player from a smaller league.

And in all fairness. I think that is what they have been doing, but the recent turn of events from the Anzhi owners have given us a sniff of a chance.

Which we will still fuck up.

I totally agree. In normal circumstances we would not have a chance of pulling this off, but the timing has meant that we do have a chance. Our level is probably a Tello, or similar - young and not able to break into a main squad, or a young player from a smaller league.

And in all fairness. I think that is what they have been doing, but the recent turn of events from the Anzhi owners have given us a sniff of a chance.

Which we will still fuck up.

Tello?! If anything, Tello is less realistic than Willian mate.

Tello?! If anything, Tello is less realistic than Willian mate.

Do you think? I don't think he has a sniff of getting into Barcelona's first team on a regular basis, and the way they like to pay the big stars and not the reserve players he can always earn more with another club. It's worth remembering that quite a few of us didn't think we had a chance with Coutinho (who is actually a more obvious example to have used)!

They have Neymar, Messi so Tello, Pedro, Sanchez and next year Defolounooon (whatever the fuck he is called) for the other place - if they don't sign anyone else.

So what's plan B, in case let's say he chooses United over us? Who's the alternative target?

Are we still following the Arsenal model.... let our fans believe we're bidding for some top targets and then say "at least we tried". £5m profit from the transfers this summer with along with a further cut in the wage bill. All this, the same summer during which TV rights double! incredible stuff!

Do you think? I don't think he has a sniff of getting into Barcelona's first team on a regular basis, and the way they like to pay the big stars and not the reserve players he can always earn more with another club. It's worth remembering that quite a few of us didn't think we had a chance with Coutinho (who is actually a more obvious example to have used)!

They have Neymar, Messi so Tello, Pedro, Sanchez and next year Defolounooon (whatever the fuck he is called) for the other place - if they don't sign anyone else.

Pretty sure he just signed a new contract with them and confirmed that he wanted to stay there. I can see what you're saying about him not getting much game time there, but at least with Willian we know that he's available and wants to move.