You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like any other player, if he wants out and he goes then he does not matter anymore. All that matters is what we do with the money we get from him.

Yes he is a boss player, no doubt - but Sturridge showed that he suits the way we were playing from January onwards with Coutinho opening up defences. The money we may get from selling Suarez can be used to strengthen us nicely and get further players who fit into what Rodgers is trying to do and (this isn't a dig at the lad) don't get banned for a load of games each season.

No player will ever be bigger than LFC - so if he wants out, it's ta-ra, lad, thanks and all that - but ultimately f*ck him....

And we need to make sure we get as much money as possible for him, play hard ball with an suitors - if it is Real Madrid and it's cash plus player, we don't want some kid that they don't want, we want proven quality.

I'd say so.

Those scouts we got from City are really going to have to earn their money now, it's one thing replacing Carroll or Skrtel, it's another thing entirely trying to replace Luis.

I'm fucking sick of losing our best players, it's as if finishing out of European places isn't enough of a kick in the balls, just as you start getting excited for the upcoming season you get kicked in the plums again.

I feel like Melchett.

Shite ain't it, im still convincing myself hes gonna stay.

A £50m sale doesn't really help us, because everyone knows we have £50m to spend on a forward.

Ibrahimovic is the answer. £30m to buy him, and £20m for three years work before he retires. He's won everything, he;s not going to fuck off in 18 months to join Barcelona, he can just have license to entertain and score goals.

Guest The Big Green Bastard
A £50m sale doesn't really help us, because everyone knows we have £50m to spend on a forward.

Ibrahimovic is the answer. £30m to buy him, and £20m for three years work before he retires. He's won everything, he;s not going to fuck off in 18 months to join Barcelona, he can just have license to entertain and score goals.

So basically we should keep andy carroll then and save 30m....

At the end of the day Suarez is a World Class footballer and nobody can deny that.

It's just a sad reality now that a team that consistently finishes outside of the Champions League cannot expect to keep hold of World Class footballers.

We now need to make sure that get as much as we can for him from Madrid i.e. at least £50M and we need to make sure that we invest the money wisely.

If he goes, he goes. I'll be sad to see him leave and he'll be very hard to replace but there won't be any tears.

I'm not sure that's fair, or relevant. Care to expand zig?

No expansion needed, he's fucking spot on. That stupid game Rodgers played with Carroll, wasting our meager in comparison budget on Allen and Borini, not blooding Coates to see if the replacement for Carra wasn't already in house plus a whole host of other shit has led us here.

Suarez, words fail me.

You know what. Rodgers should just say fuck him and get someone in now. Top, top quality. Don't wait till Luis is gone get world class in, that way you can't be held to ransom as you haven't got the money from his sale. Show him we've already forgotten about him and moved on. Wish we had the cash to get world class and if Real get Bale instead he's stuck in the wilderness until January!

Ha!

Cardozo would be a decent short term option even though he is 30. He has a decent scoring record in Portugal and in Europe. Good at free kicks and penalties, has a decent left foot and is good in the air. Wouldn't cost that much, probably get him for under 10m then spend a bit in this Mykitrian fella even though I've never seen him play and only heard of him about 3 weeks ago.

We need a big horrible bastard in midfield as well who will kick the shit out of people.

Suarez is my favorite player and he's probably the most entertaining player to watch in the league, but if he's going then let's just use that money wisely and we still have a shot at top 4 next year.

I really hope those rumors for Luis Muriel are accurate. He looks like a real game changer and still young. We keep buying these young guys with tons of promise and the future still looks bright. Preferably with but even without Suarez

Guest The Big Green Bastard
Ah, the height thing. Tall lads they are, well spotted.

Just don't see it as good business, 50m in total for a 31 year old...and why would he come here when he can stay in Paris and play CL next year??

No expansion needed, he's fucking spot on. That stupid game Rodgers played with Carroll, wasting our meager in comparison budget on Allen and Borini, not blooding Coates to see if the replacement for Carra wasn't already in house plus a whole host of other shit has led us here.

Suarez, words fail me.

So you're saying this is Rodgers fault.

Its Rodgers fault that Suarez either wants to play for Real, or has had enough of the press vilification.

Poor cunt can't win can he.

Tevez? Aside from it never happening, you can just see our owners meeting his wage demands.

I think if you're going to attract one of the top notch players (which won't be easy) it's going to cost one way or another.

But I think someone like Benteke or Michu would both be stepping up to a top club, and have lesser demands... albeit still of a 'one season wonder' stage at the moment though. They might be too much of a punt for Liverpool fans liking, esp when this season of all seasons represents a real chance to get back in the top 4 with all the managerial turmoil elsewhere.

Tevez only has year left at City, so either they'll have to extend his contract or sell him. It's hypothetical replacements too!

if you get 40-45 million for Suarez (a fine price) it's still going to be hard to replace him... where the hell do you get a top 10 striker these days? (some would say top 5)