You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronnie is without a doubt the greatest player of all time and most natural but he's an absolute cock, the game owes him fuck all and he gets off on the fact he's saying he's gonna quit so everyone tries to butter him up to keep in playing, I hate it when he acts like that, the comments he made this week were bang out of order, I hope Trumpy beats him.

O'Sullivan's biggest problem is his temperament. I remember him blowing big leads in major finals against the likes of Selby and the late Paul Hunter. Hendry at his peak would never allow anyone to claw back a lead in a final. If O'Sullivan had Hendry's mentality he would have won 10 titles by now.

Hendry at his peak had a handful of players to compete against, nowadays the standard is far better and so are the players.

Ronnie is without a doubt the greatest player of all time and most natural but he's an absolute cock' date=' the game owes him fuck all and he gets off on the fact he's saying he's gonna quit so everyone tries to butter him up to keep in playing, I hate it when he acts like that, the comments he made this week were bang out of order, I hope Trumpy beats him.[/quote']

Best player of all time? bollocks!.He is a massive gland however.

You can always have the Ronnie v Hendry Argument, both on top form only would be one winner and that's Ronnie, the guy is a fucking genius.

Granted he's a cock but he's the most naturally gifted player I've ever seen, he's made 100's of 147's not only right handed but he's made them left handed as well, theres Pro's on the tour that have never made 1 nevermind hundreds, I think unless your a player yourself then I dunno if you'd understand how good he really is, he's a joke.

Just a pity he's fucked up in the head.

He did an exhibition a few years ago in Judd's old snooker club in Bristol where he played first 4 frames he went 147, 147, 141, 147.

Ridiculous talent.

You can always have the Ronnie v Hendry Argument' date=' both on top form only would be one winner and that's Ronnie, the guy is a fucking genius.

Granted he's a cock but he's the most naturally gifted player I've ever seen, he's made 100's of 147's not only right handed but he's made them left handed as well, theres Pro's on the tour that have never made 1 nevermind hundreds, I think unless your a player yourself then I dunno if you'd understand how good he really is, he's a joke.

Just a pity he's fucked up in the head.

He did an exhibition a few years ago in Judd's old snooker club in Bristol where he played first 4 frames he went 147, 147, 141, 147.

Ridiculous talent.[/quote']

Only an imbecile would question his talent,but to say he is the best ever?.Nah.I put Steve Davis and Hendry above him not purely down to titles won but consistency.

Only an imbecile would question his talent,but to say he is the best ever?.Nah.I put Steve Davis and Hendry above him not purely down to titles won but consistency.

The consistency was down to lack of quality to compete with the likes of Davis and Hendry in the 80's and 90's nowadays are different the standard is far better, in the 90's you had people like Tony Drago and Alain Robideaux in the top 16, standard wasnt that great bar a couple of players.

It's totally different now, there's players not even in the top 96 now that 20 years ago would definitely have made a living playing the game.

I don't think its even a question O'Sullivan is the greatest ever. Hendry was a machine, but Ronnie can win without even trying, which puts him above anyone else IMO. Davis, Higgins, White, etc all Legends but no one else can play with such consumate ease, and its unlikely there will ever be another like him.

The consistency was down to lack of quality to compete with the likes of Davis and Hendry in the 80's and 90's nowadays are different the standard is far better' date=' in the 90's you had people like Tony Drago and Alain Robideaux in the top 16, standard wasnt that great bar a couple of players.

It's totally different now, there's players not even in the top 96 now that 20 years ago would definitely have made a living playing the game.[/quote']

Oh for Christ sake,we all know that.It is still consistency whatever era.

The rest of your post is based on players that were not winners,which would be obvious during the domination of Davis and Hendry.

Yeah but that's my argument, look at the different number of players that have won different tournaments over the last decade, when Davis and Hendry were about they were always there, that wasnt down to them being so good it was down to the quality of the field bar a few not being that great and nowhere near the standard of those two.

I don't think its even a question O'Sullivan is the greatest ever. Hendry was a machine, but Ronnie can win without even trying, which puts him above anyone else IMO. Davis, Higgins, White, etc all Legends but no one else can play with such consumate ease, and its unlikely there will ever be another like him.

There are alot of quality up and coming players but I don't think we'll see anyone like him again, I hope Michael White kicks on next season because he's absolute quality, he was knocking in century breaks when he was 8 years old.

Ridiculous really, surprised its taken him this long to get anywhere because he was frightening when he was 13/14 played against him quite a few times in different events and he didn't miss, there's been loads that have all the potential but haven't done it, quite strange really.

He did an exhibition a few years ago in Judd's old snooker club in Bristol where he played first 4 frames he went 147' date=' 147, 141, 147[/quote']

I seriously doubt that. Have you a link, any article whatsoever, otherwise I'd say that's rubbish.

I seriously doubt that. Have you a link, any article whatsoever, otherwise I'd say that's rubbish.

Nah no link, it happened though my mate was there and I went to that snooker club the next day in a comp and that's all people were talking about, he had back to Max's and fucked up position in the black so had to take pinks with the last 6 reds hence why he made a 141 after the Max's, it wouldn't surprise me at all you don't realise how good these players are, they do not miss.

I was practicing in a club in South Wales with a welsh international and Mark Williams was playing a mate of mine who's a very good amateur, he lost 12-1 and Mark had 11 centuries and a 80 odd in the 12 frames he won.

It wouldn't surprise me at all you don't realise how good these players are' date=' they do not miss.[/quote']

I realise full well how good these players are. I made a 147 in the Bootle open when I was about 21. I got a plaque from the BSCC due to being the only player, amateur or professional to have made one in Merseyside history (my claim to fame). It was in Parrotts club at the time, Cues in Old Swan. Was particularly happy because he never made one there and I had known him a few years from the 147 club in Camden Street in town when he first broke through.

I tried the pro scene, made one last 32, a couple of 64’s, packed in when ranked about 170, getting too old then about 27 and earning fuck all. I think possibly Rod Lawler is still going from when I were around. Plenty other good players on Merseyside at that point as well but for some reason no one made it.

Getting back to what you were saying, yes they are good, far too good for me and others, but not quite as good as you make out.

I realise full well how good these players are. I made a 147 in the Bootle open when I was about 21. I got a plaque from the BSCC due to being the only player' date=' amateur or professional to have made one in Merseyside history (my claim to fame). It was in Parrotts club at the time, Cues in Old Swan. Was particularly happy because he never made one there and I had known him a few years from the 147 club in Camden Street in town when he first broke through.

I tried the pro scene, made one last 32, a couple of 64’s, packed in when ranked about 170, getting too old then about 27 and earning fuck all. I think possibly Rod Lawler is still going from when I were around. Plenty other good players on Merseyside at that point as well but for some reason no one made it.

Getting back to what you were saying, yes they are good, far too good for me and others, but not quite as good as you make out.[/quote']

Sensible post from a clearly credible poster.

Is Ronnie as good as they, or is he just a bell end with mental issues and a fair bit of talent?

Sensible post from a clearly credible poster.

Is Ronnie as good as they, or is he just a bell end with mental issues and a fair bit of talent?

He's just brilliant.

Maybe the influence from his dad. I don't remember either of them at Pontins, but others did, apparently his dad was a great fella, would see you if you were short etc. Then he had that murder thing.

Funny how theres not even a murmer of the other semi final in here.

Judd won't win 7-2 tommorow, no chance, Ronnie to coast the final as he usually does, think his only ever close one was his first against Higgins if i remember right, all his others he won with ease.

If its Hawkins i wouldn't be suprised to see 18-3 or 18-4, Walden it'll be 18-10 or there abouts.

I realise full well how good these players are. I made a 147 in the Bootle open when I was about 21. I got a plaque from the BSCC due to being the only player, amateur or professional to have made one in Merseyside history (my claim to fame). It was in Parrotts club at the time, Cues in Old Swan. Was particularly happy because he never made one there and I had known him a few years from the 147 club in Camden Street in town when he first broke through.

Getting back to what you were saying, yes they are good, far too good for me and others, but not quite as good as you make out.

Same reason I knocked it on the head, was too much I nearly made it missed out by a few places on the Pios only 8 got a tour ticket, haven't played for 5 years.

I'm only speaking as I find, I've played against quite a few top pros, tournament play is different you know as well as I do, the standard in class they bring to the practice table is unreal, some players on the practice table are better than the top pros they just can't do it under the cameras, been loads like it, I'd imagine you know a few like that also.

Funny how theres not even a murmer of the other semi final in here.

Judd won't win 7-2 tommorow, no chance, Ronnie to coast the final as he usually does, think his only ever close one was his first against Higgins if i remember right, all his others he won with ease.

If its Hawkins i wouldn't be suprised to see 18-3 or 18-4, Walden it'll be 18-10 or there abouts.

Be a murmer from me if Walden makes it to the final, got him E/W at 25/1

Same reason I knocked it on the head' date=' was too much I nearly made it missed out by a few places on the Pios only 8 got a tour ticket, haven't played for 5 years.

I'm only speaking as I find, I've played against quite a few top pros, tournament play is different you know as well as I do, the standard in class they bring to the practice table is unreal, some players on the practice table are better than the top pros they just can't do it under the cameras, been loads like it, I'd imagine you know a few like that also.[/quote']

I would be the complete opposite I'm totally shit whenever I play snooker in a club,but put me under lights, camera a load of spectators and I just know I'd be fucking boss.

Nah no link' date=' it happened though my mate was there and I went to that snooker club the next day in a comp and that's all people were talking about, he had back to Max's and fucked up position in the black so had to take pinks with the last 6 reds hence why he made a 141 after the Max's, it wouldn't surprise me at all you don't realise how good these players are, they do not miss.

I was practicing in a club in South Wales with a welsh international and Mark Williams was playing a mate of mine who's a very good amateur, he lost 12-1 and Mark had 11 centuries and a 80 odd in the 12 frames he won.[/quote']

Which club in Bristol was this mate? A lad I went to school with (Craig Roper) was a pro for a while, think his brother still is and practiced at Riley's on the triangle.

I can't think of any other club in Bristol that would have decent enough tables for it to have happened anywhere else.

I was always better in matches because my concentration level was different in practice I could make say an 80 odd break and run you through the shots ball by ball in a match I totally switch off I think that's why I used to make more frame winning breaks and centuries than in practice, used to thrive on the pressure.

I played against Jimmy White once in an exhibition in front of about 300/400 people and it was brilliant other people fell apart I buzzed off it, just a shame I didn't go that step further, Gmac is right tho there is fuck all money in it unless your fortunate to get a weekly wage by a sponsor to play snooker as a living, I loved it but working full time then trying to practice 4/5 hours a day was too much I was mentally fucked trying to do so and in the end I gave up and not looked back, I get the odd urge to get my cue out when the World Championships are on but that soon goes, it's good to see some of these young lads coming through though, the majority were trying to get on when I was playing.

Gmac I remember two lads from merseyside in particular who looked good when I was playing, one was Robbie Williams (no not take that !!) another was a blonde lad, Allan Taylor I think, heard of either of those ?