You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Got a package in the mail this morning and I've been toking on a raspberry flavoured number all morning, which is very moreish.

The variable voltage is great for smoking outdoors as you can turn it up to compensate for the wind stealing some.

Sounds good mate! Hows the battery on it? Can't remember what ampage you got. I've been finding a 900mah will easily last me day. I tried the fruit flavoured ones and that but not really to my taste except for cherry menthol. Really like that.

Weirdly I've found, and tbh I haven't really thought about it until today but the first week I had my e-cig, I was on it a lot.. I think it was due to my body getting used to not having a massive nicotine rush every 90 minutes or so then a come-down.. I keep forgetting to smoke if that makes sense? So I'll be really busy in the afternoon and just not use it all. Or be playing games for a few hours. That wouldn't really happen with cigarettes I reckon.

Not particularly arsed about how much I use the e-cig as I feel a lot healthier, but noticed after a month I was using it less like a cigarette, i.e. 'oh god I need a smoke so bad... gotta have one now'.

I wonder if it is something to do with getting used to having a moderate and perfectly suitable nicotine fix every few hours rather than a massive one from a cig which results in a big craving as soon as it wears off.

Battery is 900mah. Got 24 hours from the first charge, and I was caning it at 4.8v for some of that. I've found that 3.2v is fine for normal home smoking, 4v is good for outside, and 4.8v is great first thing in the morning walking in to work!

I've also discovered that the vapourlites.com cigalike I started out with has a 510 connection, so I can stick a Vision Nano clearo on it and use it as a spare battery.

Just loaded up with some Liberty Flights chocolate praline, which is a nice vape with a cup of coffee. I'm happy leaving the tobacco flavours behind tbh.

Edited by zigackly

Just getting into this myself, anyone recommend a good starter kit? I've tried over the shelf e-light cigarettes and found them to just not quite give enough of a hit. Even with those it's still remarkably similar to smoking. I've just bought a totally tornado vaping kit from a local e-cigarette shop that's opened up.

I know the anti-smoking lobby are dead set against them although they seem to be quite happy for you to spend the rest of your life addicted to hugely expensive and unsatisfying nicotine replacements. However you argue it, an e-cigarette or vaping kit is a fraction as bad for you as smoking.

I would recommend getting one or more EGO batteries of some description, a few clearomisers, a USB charger and some liquids. The equipment should all have 510 connections for compatibility. I bought my stuff from Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid and they also have starter kits, but none of them were quite what I wanted. If you can stretch to £23 on the battery, I would go for the EGO-C Twist 900mah. That's what I just bought and it's excellent.

If that all sounds too expensive, there is also this option:

For anyone thinking of trying this out, I just bought my sister a starter kit including a charger, and 5ml of liquid, for £11.50 including postage.

ego/ce5 blister pack: Electronic Cigarette - pvblister - Paradise Vape UK _ Vape dont smoke

Found it on the ukvapers forum:

Bargain backup

E-Cigs have been banned in my work due to 'insufficient evidence about their safety'.

Yeah, some places are like that. My client at the moment is kinda neutral to it, the guys I work with are fascinated by it and some of their family members use them. The director doesn't like it, so if he is in, I just step into the office hallway or the bathroom.

I can't really be arsed arguing with places that don't accept it like wethies. I've found if you are getting weird looks off staff in a pub or somewhere, just ask if they mind you using it. E-cigs ain't going away anytime soon so with regard to workplaces they'll have to set some rules soon enough. It is pretty stupid saying people can't use e-cigs in certain places but hey, it is what it is.

Grant's Vanilla Custard available today until it sells out, probably tomorrow. People rave about this stuff, so if you're looking for a dessert flavour get on it before it all goes.

Been waiting weeks to get hold of some of this and I could only afford 10ml. Free postage is a nice bonus.

Hello and welcome to | Grant's Vanilla Custard

Thanks for the heads up, been waiting ages to get some more of this juice. It is good stuff.

Ordered 50ml so it should last a while.

Word out from the Orrell Park vape shop on Moss Lane, bought a few bottles of juice today. Try the Gold and Silver e-juice. Kinda like Red Label / American Tobacco flavour you get off sky and liberty flights. Very nice. The folks there are sound, nice folks. Say David sent you so I get a freebie. Just don't say Pony Princess sent you as you will sound like a massive queer.

Happy vaping.

The Vanilla Custard is ace. Also got three flavours from the Alchemist's Cupboard today; ginger snaps, rhubarb and custard, and chocolate peanut butter cookies. All quality vapes.

I also tried a couple of tobacco flavours recently, but tobacco is no longer for me.

I've found all the 'tobacco' flavour ones are just like coffee/chocolate. Quite like them. Never found one that tastes like tobacco as that would be pretty vile.

Aye, I was all over my ice mint tab to start with but I find myself picking up the tobacco one more often now.

Vaping is ace. I probably vape much more than I ever smoked.

I just wish my vapestick made a duck sound like Eddie Hitler's pipe.

Tried getting into this for a few weeks, but struggling so far.

The main thing I prefer about regular cigs to these, is the ability to just take 5 minutes to step outside, light up, and then completely disengage my brain and either let my mind wander or think about the square root of fuck all (depending on how I feel) while getting some nicotine, until it's burnt down to just above the filter, reminding me that it's time to get back to work or whatever.

But with these, I mean the one I have says something like "10-12 puffs = 1 cigarette", but I'm finding myself being like 1....*puff*....2....*puff*....etc.....10, or whatever. Because I'm the type that otherwise would probably just lose track and find myself having 2 or 3 times as much nicotine as I am now. I'm not trying to cut down and use them as a quit aid, but I don't want to find myself taking in the equivalent of 30 to 40 a day either.

Also the buzz doesn't quite seem the same. I know when you smoke regularly the buzz disappears, but I did manage to have 2-3 days of using the e-cig exclusively, when I had my next cig after that time the nicotine buzz was like smoking that first one all over again.

Persevering with it though, managed to cut my regular cig intake by about 20-25% I reckon, which is better than nothing I guess, and maybe it's just a whole getting-used-to-it thing, but right now I'm not confident of making the permanent switch for the reasons above.

Paid this no attention until I went out for drinks with a mate who had a Skycig. Talked me through it and let me have a puff, next day ordered a kit from Green Smokes which turned up today. I don't smoke much during the day but I have to smoke with a drink which is most nights... Hopefully this can replace the 5 or 6 ciggies I have when I drink at home or the 10+ on a night out.

Always used to say I wish they'd invent a safe ciggie as like many others I enjoy smoking just don't fancy lung cancer very much. Will share how I get on.

You're doing it wrong Jonny. Pay no attention to that bullshit about 10 drags = one cigarette, that's fucked up. Keep vaping on the thing until you've had the nicotine you need. Smokers will regulate their nicotine intake quite naturally so you'll know to stop when you've had enough. The amount delivered will depend on the strength of the liquid, the voltage of your battery, how much you inhale, how long you hold it, and how slowly you exhale. Find your own rhythm. I get plenty of nicotine from mine. Anything else you're missing comes from the carbon monoxide, arsenic, cyanide, carcinogenic alkaloids and tar, which is the stuff you don't want. The nicotine buzz from these is much cleaner and more pleasant once you're used to it, and no more harmful than the caffeine in your coffee. If you're not getting enough from the high street cigalikes, buy some decent kit.

Edited by zigackly

Had this delivered a couple of days ago ...

cOniNrh.png

Seems really well made, the glass is quite thick and the whole thing has a fair bit of weight to it for it's size. As I said it's only a couple of days old and it's producing lots of vapour and flavour.

The draw is a lot more airy than the CE3's I used previous but maybe that helps produce more vapour and brings the flavour out more.

Also seems to go down the juice faster, maybe again down to the airy draw? ....I dunno, maybe thats just me vaping more :)

Anyway, I'm pleased with it.

Using it with an eGo VV btw.

You're doing it wrong Jonny. Pay no attention to that bullshit about 10 drags = one cigarette, that's fucked up. Keep vaping on the thing until you've had the nicotine you need. Smokers will regulate their nicotine intake quite naturally so you'll know to stop when you've had enough. The amount delivered will depend on the strength of the liquid, the voltage of your battery, how much you inhale, how long you hold it, and how slowly you exhale. Find your own rhythm. .

This guy knows. First week or so I was sucking on my space-bifter like a nice ladies tit. Nicotine levels adjusting and that. Couple of weeks later and it all settles down. I've seen those e-cigs with a 'counter' on for how many pulls you take? Fucking daft. Smoke it til' you don't feel like you want to choke a bitch.

Once your body gets used to not having fucking huge doses of nicotine and then the crash 45 mins later, you'll be fine. In the end, it is just nicotine and not all the carcinogenic shite and tar.

The thing I found about the diff between e-cigs and analogue smokes is that dizzy, oxygenless hit you get off cigarettes which can make your head spin - that isn't nicotine but the carbon monoxide. I never liked that but I guess some folks do, but regardless it is really bad for you.