You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

experiment 1/ drinking tonight - nicotine intake is fine but would like more smoke - taking 2 or 3 drags like you would if you were smoking Ultra light biffs - and the battery gets too warm at that point. Maybe will get used to the reduced smoke but would be interested to know if the other products produce significantly more as it's one of the things Green Smokes are supposed to be good at.

experiment 1/ drinking tonight - nicotine intake is fine but would like more smoke - taking 2 or 3 drags like you would if you were smoking Ultra light biffs - and the battery gets too warm at that point. Maybe will get used to the reduced smoke but would be interested to know if the other products produce significantly more as it's one of the things Green Smokes are supposed to be good at.

I started off on green smokes mate and they were shite for amount of smoke and battery life, and cartomisers (catridges) ain't great generally. Their cartomisers are very expensive and although they can be refilled, cartomisers just taste weird. Have a look through the thread mate because if you want loads of vapour you'll want a good battery (600+ mah) and a clearomiser. It has all been covered in here I think but if you want to know exactly drop me a pm.

I don't seem to have much luck with the clearomisers they seem to work good for about a day then there shit creating hardly any vaper, Gonna try a bigger battery as i have only got a 600. But for now im sticking to the boge atomiser as im getting a nice throat hit and a nice amount of vape

I don't seem to have much luck with the clearomisers they seem to work good for about a day then there shit creating hardly any vaper, Gonna try a bigger battery as i have only got a 600. But for now im sticking to the boge atomiser as im getting a nice throat hit and a nice amount of vape

Sounds like a battery issue as you say mate. If you got a less than 600mah battery and you use it a lot, you will have to charge it a lot. When a battery is running down which they will often, you'll always get low vapour. I think most of the clearomisers need 900mah+ battery.

There is also the coil, I got the 2 piece clearomiser where you can change the coil. I put a 2.5 ohm coil in and it spits, hisses and burns like a motherfucker when you press the button. Amazing amount of vapour.

I'm just using Kanger 1.8 ohm cartomisers on my Ego twist and they suit me fine and give me loads of vapour. I load up four or five with different flavours and just switch them around when I want a change which is frequently. Tried clearomisers and they're a lot more faff, and can easily snap and leak in your pocket. One thing that hugely improves a cartomiser is a nice drip tip. I do like the look of CaramaC's tank though.

Ohm's law gives you a power rating of your voltage squared divided by your resistance. For most people 6 watts or greater is the sweet spot and you will never get that off a cigalike.

Edited by zigackly

Got one of the disposable ones last weekend. It says 40 fags in the fucker. I've used it alongside smoking, like smoked all day at work and used it only at each weekend when very much needed and it ran out yesterday. A load of bollocks, to me it was just like using the old nicotine inhalers but you got a bit of vapour to go with it.

Now I've got 4 hours till football and proper need a smoke.

Are they fuck worth 40 fags, more like ten. For vaping to replace smoking you need decent kit mate.

I know, I feel like I've been lied too.

I've given up smoking 3 times now. All three times cold turkey, but I've always started again because I actually like smoking.

I'm not sure whether I will gice up again this way as they don't provide the whole sensation for me, but I will try another one.

Will a cartomiser/clearometer (same thing right, only one's seethru?) still work when nearly empty or do they have to be full all the time - only thinking about economics of replacing with a different flavour.

Nah they work until its pretty much empty

I use the innokin dual coil clearmoizer and for vapour and flavour it is the best ive tried so far.

I also have the vivi nova, which is a single coil clearomizer, and highly recommended by many. Although its good it still doesnt produce the same throat hit and flavour the innokin dual coil clearomizers do.

Replacing with a different flavour is the problem for me, i get bored of one flavour so i like to change. I think having 3-4 clearomizers is the best way to go and just fill them all up with diff flavours.

It costs about £2.50 to replace the dual coil or single coil heads and they are meant to last about 2-4 weeks depending on how much you use them and how often you clean them.

Got an unexpected windfall from the taxman today so I bit the bullet and blew some of it on a Provari Mini 2.5 and a Kanger Protank. Stupid amount of money to spend but I'm committed to vaping now, the Provari is the best money can buy, and it's nice to treat yourself with something mad now and then. Will let you know how it vapes once it gets here.

ProVari Mini Variable Voltage Ecig: Best Variable Voltage E Cig Available!

Got an unexpected windfall from the taxman today so I bit the bullet and blew some of it on a Provari Mini 2.5 and a Kanger Protank. Stupid amount of money to spend but I'm committed to vaping now, the Provari is the best money can buy, and it's nice to treat yourself with something mad now and then. Will let you know how it vapes once it gets here.

ProVari Mini Variable Voltage Ecig: Best Variable Voltage E Cig Available!

That feel when the money you spend on any vaping stuff is insignificant compared to what you would have spent on death sticks. Drop a review on here when you get it mate!

I'm still vaping happily, three months now I think? Good feels.

Definitely will. Nice work on three months off the stinkies. Can't put a price on your health really, but I've definitely spent a lot more in two months than I would on tobacco now!

I can never afford to buy anything nice with my current job, but I also paid off a whack of the credit card with my tax rebate so it's all good.

Definitely will. Nice work on three months off the stinkies. Can't put a price on your health really, but I've definitely spent a lot more in two months than I would on tobacco now!

Thanks mate, you must have spent a lot on the e-biffs but it is important to have good kit. Have you not found one kit that does the trick for you?

The kit I have is fine, but this is a special treat. With the Kanger Protank it should put my Ego Twist to shame.

The other thing about a Provari is that if it doesn't live up to the reputation I can always get most of my money back selling it second hand.

Nah they work until its pretty much empty

I use the innokin dual coil clearmoizer and for vapour and flavour it is the best ive tried so far.

I also have the vivi nova, which is a single coil clearomizer, and highly recommended by many. Although its good it still doesnt produce the same throat hit and flavour the innokin dual coil clearomizers do.

Replacing with a different flavour is the problem for me, i get bored of one flavour so i like to change. I think having 3-4 clearomizers is the best way to go and just fill them all up with diff flavours.

It costs about £2.50 to replace the dual coil or single coil heads and they are meant to last about 2-4 weeks depending on how much you use them and how often you clean them.

Good call on the innokin dual coil clearomizer I bought it on this recommendation and its been the best I have tried so far

The Provari is everything I could ever want in an e-ciggie. Variable voltage up to 6V, ohm meter, battery power meter, very safe from any kind of battery fault and vapes like a fucking train. The build quality is outstanding, button action is superb, and it's the only one out there that delivers exactly what voltage you tell it to throughout the life of the battery. It's a bit shorter, but fatter and heavier than a 900mah Twist, which suits me fine. Very expensive, but you would have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

In that case, I've got the Provari, a Twist, a spare battery for the Provari, a cigalike battery, a Protank, two Evods, a charger, some bits and bobs, and enough juice for at least a week. Think that might be me finished on buying stuff for now! All I will need in the future is juice, silica wick and some kanthal wire so I can rebuild the heads in the Protank and the Evods.

Apart from rebuilding my own wicks and coils, the next thing I am going to get into is mixing my own juice. Then it will be an extremely cheap habit to maintain, but the initial outlay was monstrous.

Well over £200 worth of stuff there. Probably cost me about two months worth of ciggies.

Cheers Stouff.

I just got carried away and spent £40 on wire, wick, mixing kit (syringes, gloves, bottles), enough liquids to make 300ml of unflavoured 18 mg juice, and five different concentrated flavours. That should last me four to six months now, maybe up to a year if I cut down on my nicotine. If you catch me buying anything else, shoot me.

This is the cheapest place I've found to buy stuff, and comes highly recommended from a vapers forum: LT Ecigs