You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Yeah that makes sense, spurs are overspending on shite and its only the bale money (About £85m vs about £150m).

Of course Tapas, if it was us signing them overrated players Spurs are getting you'd be crying into your hat that we'd wasted all that money Im sure.

Without necessarily disagreeing with your main point about getting our primary targets, Spurs has been selling players at profits over the last 3 or so seasons; look at how Levy did us on Robbie Keane and even turned a profit on Steven Pienaar after one season. Levy has been banking all that money, and now he has pounced.

Sakho : Le PSG et Liverpool proches d'un accordINFO L'ÉQUIPE

Sakho pourrait rebondir à Liverpool. (L'Equipe)

a+

a-

imprimer

RSS Notamment convoité par la Roma et l'AC Milan' date=' Mamadou Sakho pourrait bien atterrir à Liverpool. Les Reds et le Paris-SG seraient proches d'un accord, situé entre 16 et 18 millions d'euros, pour un transfert du défenseur. En manque de temps de jeu au PSG, Sakho (23 ans, sous contrat jusqu'au 30 juin 2014), a demandé à quitter son club formateur le 11 août dernier. Jeudi, il n'a pas été convoqué en équipe de France par Didier Deschamps.[/quote']

Does anyone speak French around here? Are L'Equipe reliable?

Oui.

RSS particular coveted by Roma and AC Milan, Mamadou Sakho could land at Liverpool. The Reds and the Paris-SG are close to an agreement, between 16 and 18 million euros for a transfer of defender. In lack of playing time at PSG, Sakho (23 years, under contract until 30 June 2014), asked to leave his former club on 11 August. Thursday, he was not called for France by Didier Deschamps.

And do what? March?

Whatever is required really, however the first step is to admit you got a problem, thats what they tell me at the meetings?

Some are still in denial, at the forum bar with all stubble and shit, ordering another double shot of denial and giving people shit.

Some of us have long ago moved on from waking up with another bad head stepping over all the empty bottles of denial and starting all over again.

Roughly,I think it means;

that after the interest of Roma/AC he could land at Liverpool. Reds and FSG have closed an agreement of between 16-18 mil euros for the transfer of the defender. His contract is up june 30 2014 and he asked to quit the club 11 aug last (just gone).

He wasn't called up to the French team by Deschamps.

Edited by ZonkoVille77
spelling

Same thing in my book, so like I asked, we would all be sitting here laughing at Spurs and Arsenal if we had done them deals and thinkin we were a shoe in for the top 4.

Spurs are trying to join the big boys and over paying for players to do that. I wonder how many seasons it will take for them having to qualify for the champions league to even break even on the prices they have paid.

How many of the players if they have to sell will they even get back what they have paid for them.

They have made good money from sales the past few seasons like £40 million for Modric etc. They seem to be taking a chance of becoming a top 4 side and if they become one then good on them for taking that risk.

The problem is if they don't then they might be looking into a black hole.

This is exactly what Leeds tried to do and failed except Spurs have used money they have from the tv revenue and sale of players and thrown it all into this season to break into the top 4.

If they don't become a top 4 side for the next three or more seasons , they might have a major problem with not being able to sell players for even what they paid for them. They probably wont be able to spend to much money either having probably used up there cash and tv money on this one window.

Spurs are trying to join the big boys and over paying for players to do that. I wonder how many seasons it will take for them having to qualify for the champions league to even break even on the prices they have paid.

How many of the players if they have to sell will they even get back what they have paid for them.

They have made good money from sales the past few seasons like £40 million for Modric etc. They seem to be taking a chance of becoming a top 4 side and if they become one then good on them for taking that risk.

The problem is if they don't then they might be looking into a black hole.

This is exactly what Leeds tried to do and failed except Spurs have used money they have from the tv revenue and sale of players and thrown it all into this season to break into the top 4.

If they don't become a top 4 side for the next three or more seasons , they might have a major problem with not being able to sell players for even what they paid for them. They probably wont be able to spend to much money either having probably used up there cash and tv money on this one window.

Any idea if this Romanian defender is any good because as far as I can see the defence is a huge weakness for them?

Lloris is obviously top quality

Vertonghen is very good

Dawson and Kaboul are decent but not top 4 standard imo

Walker, Rose, Assou Ekotto and Naughton all extremely average

Whatever is required really, however the first step is to admit you got a problem, thats what they tell me at the meetings?

Some are still in denial, at the forum bar with all stubble and shit, ordering another double shot of denial and giving people shit.

Some of us have long ago moved on from waking up with another bad head stepping over all the empty bottles of denial and starting all over again.

parlez vous englais si 'il vous plais...

He's got less than a year left on his contract and he's costing 16-18M euros? Is it his age? That seems like a lot.

He's worth £100m next year.

Shut up and let us buy someone, please.

Kolo and Sakho will decimate towns and villages together, riding on the back of massive horses, pissing in water supplies and drawing cocks on blackboards in schools.

Oh god, what have we done.

google tranaslation

Sakho: PSG and Liverpool close to a accordINFO TEAM

Sakho could rebound in Liverpool. (Reuters)

a +

a-

print

RSS particular coveted by Roma and AC Milan, Mamadou Sakho could land at Liverpool. The Reds and the Paris-SG are close to an agreement, between 16 and 18 million euros for a transfer of defender. In lack of playing time at PSG, Sakho (23 years, under contract until 30 June 2014), asked to leave his former club on 11 August. Thursday, he was not called for France by Didier Deschamps.

He's got less than a year left on his contract and he's costing 16-18M euros? Is it his age? That seems like a lot.

Have you seen him play? He is a beast and a good footballer too. The price sounds fair. He can become the best defender in the world. He has that potential imo.

Putting the Liverpool kit on has, historically, been like being given the yellow jersey in the TdF.

But in recent years, it's been more akin to being handed a smoking jacket, or a bathrobe. Just get yourself comfortable and we'll commence hero worshipping you in a moment.

No more, we demand blood and tears. Fuck sweat, any meff can jog a sweat up.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You assume there's finances for Sakho or it was ever a choice of one or the other, I don't see how it is a choice. Ilori is Coates replacement for me. If we're trying to get Sakho it will be to replace agger or skrtel.

If it ends up as both, I'm fine with that. Although, I still would have preferred to just have signed Willian and not had the funds for Ilori. *shrug*

I dunno. I guess we'll just wait to see. I badly want Sakho to join, though. Player.

Sakho : Le PSG et Liverpool proches d'un accordINFO L'ÉQUIPE

Sakho pourrait rebondir à Liverpool. (L'Equipe)

a+

a-

imprimer

RSS Notamment convoité par la Roma et l’AC Milan, Mamadou Sakho pourrait bien atterrir à Liverpool. Les Reds et le Paris-SG seraient proches d’un accord, situé entre 16 et 18 millions d’euros, pour un transfert du défenseur. En manque de temps de jeu au PSG, Sakho (23 ans, sous contrat jusqu’au 30 juin 2014), a demandé à quitter son club formateur le 11 août dernier. Jeudi, il n'a pas été convoqué en équipe de France par Didier Deschamps.

Sacrebleu!