You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

At what point do we lose our shit?

Gym Beglin

I think that people are purposefully adapting my question to make or sound like I want Klopp out.

Not the case.

I want Klopp to stop doing the same shit, game in game out, and then talking about luck when we fail to win.

I don't have the same confidence about Spurs at Wembley. Our pressing game will be very difficult on that pitch.

If that's all you want, why do you feel the need to fill every single thread with your ultra negativity. It feels like you're having a go at Klopp at every possible opportunity. It seems like you get off on us not winning so you can come on here and tell us all 'I told you so'. Not sure whether I've mentioned it, but you come across as a right cunt.

If we beat Maribor and Spurs - Lovren still won't be good enough, neither will be Mignolet, Can, Moreno or Henderson.

It will just prove we are nowhere near as bad as people make out we are - as was the case lasr season.

We should genuinely be beating Maribor, even West Ham should be beating them, they've probably got an annual budget of £5m.

But if we scrape a win people will be saying it's indicative of something other than the fact we're massively rich compare to them. We should be beating these 4-0.

So unless we hide them, no, it's not going to prove we aren't as bad as some make out.

But if we scrape a win people will be saying it's indicative of something other than the fact we're massively rich compare to them. We should be beating these 4-0.

So unless we hide them, no, it's not going to prove we aren't as bad as some make out.

You'll say that in all fairness! I think you are in the 'looking for evidence I am right' mode at the moment.

Same as me. You'll ignore the uncomfortable evidence to the contrary.

Thing is, losing to Spurs away isn't a sign of a problem in and of itself, it's the other results around it.

I don't want Klopp sacked, and I don't think FSG would give it any thought either, but I'm starting to question the people around Klopp, the ones who seem to think it's great that we play Firmino up front, or Henderson as captain, or offer Lovren a new contract, or spend £35m on Oxlade Chamberlain, or base an entire gameplan around Coutinho scoring from 25 yards.

You keep essentially saying "I don't want Klopp sacked but..." Who are you trying to blame in this post if not Klopp? I think most people realise that the start to the season hasn't been that good but it also hasn't been that bad. I think most people realise that Klopp has his flaws but that he's got proven pedigree and that we're not going to get anyone remotely close to this level. I personally think it's ridiculous to even entertain thinking about thinking about getting rid of a manager of Klopp's pedigree 2 years into a 7-year contract when he's got previous for taking a few seasons to get his side to its optimum. So, if we lose to Spurs, we take in on the chin - that's all we can do. By all means have a moan and that, but keep a sense of perspective at the same time. 

• Upvote 2

Maybe.

I'm just surprised by how 'calm' people are at present. More than surprised.

There will be no middle ground here, the needle will move drastically if we don't beat Maribor or Spurs.

More likely the fans will turn on FSG than Klopp, but for me the blame sits with Klopp.

Now that doesn't mean I want him gone, but I want a fire under his arse. It should come as no surprise to him if he understands the club's history. This club shouldn't be 10 points off the top in October, ever.

Right now Lynn I need two positives.

How about HIV to start with?

To answer the thread title, we don’t!

There has only been one team who were better than us this season. It’s fine margins but thus far we’ve not been getting the points the displays have deserved. We need to be patient and it will come. If we looked like a load of rubbish then there would be loads more cause for concern, but we don’t look too bad to me.

I wasn’t expecting to win the title before the season started and I’m still not. I was expecting a fight to get in the top four, and that’s where we still are. Six teams expect to finish top four. Two will miss out. It’s up to us to finish on the right side of that.

Keita and VVD added to this group would give us a title challenge.

• Upvote 3

Maybe.

I'm just surprised by how 'calm' people are at present. More than surprised.

There will be no middle ground here, the needle will move drastically if we don't beat Maribor or Spurs.

More likely the fans will turn on FSG than Klopp, but for me the blame sits with Klopp.

Now that doesn't mean I want him gone, but I want a fire under his arse. It should come as no surprise to him if he understands the club's history. This club shouldn't be 10 points off the top in October, ever.

Right now Lynn I need two positives.

it's fuckwits like you that make me lose my shit. FSG are what the are mingebag owners who put commercial deals above on field success. Klopp holds a belief in himself that he will get the best out of whatever is at his disposal and let's be honest who has outplayed us this season when we have had 11 on the pitch. We have had some poor results but it's not like we are playing shit and struggling to get a grip in games. This thread is a disgrace, you are a disgrace. Stop being a sky mong and try a bit of patience.

It comes across that the moment Klopp is sacked or leaves you will be digging up this abomination of a thread to say "I told you so".

• Upvote 1

To answer the thread title, we don’t!

There has only been one team who were better than us this season. It’s fine margins but thus far we’ve not been getting the points the displays have deserved. We need to be patient and it will come. If we looked like a load of rubbish then there would be loads more cause for concern, but we don’t look too bad to me.

I wasn’t expecting to win the title before the season started and I’m still not. I was expecting a fight to get in the top four, and that’s where we still are. Six teams expect to finish top four. Two will miss out. It’s up to us to finish on the right side of that.

Keita and VVD added to this group would give us a title challenge.

Stop lying.

You voted that you thought we would finish as champions:

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/111386-the-league-201718-where-will-we-finish/

Just like you proclaimed in May/June 2016 that we'd win the following season.

Stop lying.

You voted that you thought we would finish as champions:

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/111386-the-league-201718-where-will-we-finish/

Just like you proclaimed in May/June 2016 that we'd win the following season.

Thanks for pulling me up on it. Obviously the sneering tit thing rankles and you’ve been biding your time. For the record, here’s what I said in the thread you quoted:

I voted first. Champions. Probably too ambitious but we'll see. If we had VVD and Keita I'd feel better about it, but as things stand we could finish anywhere between first and sixth. I think Spurs will struggle at Wembley and might drop out of top four.

Where will we finish type of threads are usually treated as a bit of fun, but obviously with the forensics coming out months later people like you take the fun out of it.

My post is there for all to see. I voted Champions, saying I’d feel a lot better about that with VVD and Keita. As it happened we signed neither for this season.

Anything as low as sixth is possible. There are six good teams vying for top four and in all likelihood we will fall short of a title challenge but must battle to finish top four and build on it.

You weirdo stalker.

• Upvote 12

Thanks for pulling me up on it. Obviously the sneering tit thing rankles and you’ve been biding your time. For the record, here’s what I said in the thread you quoted:

Where will we finish type of threads are usually treated as a bit of fun, but obviously with the forensics coming out months later people like you take the fun out of it.

My post is there for all to see. I voted Champions, saying I’d feel a lot better about that with VVD and Keita. As it happened we signed neither for this season.

Anything as low as sixth is possible. There are six good teams vying for top four and in all likelihood we will fall short of a title challenge but must battle to finish top four and build on it.

You weirdo stalker.

He probably just wants you to Baptise him in the Jordan, Rev.

• Upvote 1

Genius thread, this is one of those reverse psychology things isn’t it.

Cause and effect, you threaten to throw a tantrum over a temporary run of form, that in turn makes everyone defend and get behind the team, We then go on a twenty seven game winning streak due to an upturn in confidence, win the league & FA Cup..................and you just sit there stroking your white cat, like the criminal mastermind you are.

Brilliant Funeeeeeeee, just Brilliant.

1xmkub.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

We're going to lose to Spurs next week as well. That's not pessimism, that's a healthy dose of realism based on our form vs their form.

What then? Just shrug and say "ok then".

We didn't lose today you cunt, much to your disappointment.