You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When I first started going to the game in the Pre Sky, Pre Premier League era for the most part I paid at the turnstile.

In the mid 1990's I got promoted and was a STH on the seated Kop which was an equally pain free way to see football matches.

For reasons I won't bore you with I had to give up my ST but the new millennia heralded a new aid to ticket purchase - the fancard.

A small contribution to the club for admin expenses (£3.00 from memory) and they were able to see what tickets I bought whilst aiding their marketing strategy by generating a database outside STH's.

From my perspective I felt that my loyalty was being rewarded as it was the fancard that aided my purchase of tickets for the later rounds in cup competitions and even *inhales sharply* finals.

It has been the method I have bought tickets through for nearly a decade. I was able to buy tickets for Gomel and Hearts through it. So far so good. That is until this morning when I tried to purchase for me and my like minded compatriots our tickets for Udinese.

The club has decided my fancard no longer entitles me to members' privileges. I will have to wait until these tickets go on general sale and fight it out with everyone else. This of course pre supposes that I am prepared to do so and I'm not.

I have found myself getting less and less joy out of going to the game in recent times as I watch a dozen millionaires make no effort for my 'pleasure'. The extra hurdle that the club have put in my way for the privilege of doing so is just - for me at least - a bridge too far.

If the club doesn't want my support at games that's fine by me.

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but we are not the cool club that everyone wants to see anymore. The Istanbul bandwagon is now rolling up a much steeper hill.

If the club thinks it can fill the stadium at every cup game playing Rotherham, Stoke and shit teams in Europe that no one has ever heard of without people like me then let it fill its boots

I'm done.

Now - where did I put that armchair?

When I first started going to the game in the Pre Sky, Pre Premier League era for the most part I paid at the turnstile.

In the mid 1990's I got promoted and was a STH on the seated Kop which was an equally pain free way to see football matches.

For reasons I won't bore you with I had to give up my ST but the new millennia heralded a new aid to ticket purchase - the fancard.

A small contribution to the club for admin expenses (£3.00 from memory) and they were able to see what tickets I bought whilst aiding their marketing strategy by generating a database outside STH's.

From my perspective I felt that my loyalty was being rewarded as it was the fancard that aided my purchase of tickets for the later rounds in cup competitions and even *inhales sharply* finals.

It has been the method I have bought tickets through for nearly a decade. I was able to buy tickets for Gomel and Hearts through it. So far so good. That is until this morning when I tried to purchase for me and my like minded compatriots our tickets for Udinese.

The club has decided my fancard no longer entitles me to members' privileges. I will have to wait until these tickets go on general sale and fight it out with everyone else. This of course pre supposes that I am prepared to do so and I'm not.

I have found myself getting less and less joy out of going to the game in recent times as I watch a dozen millionaires make no effort for my 'pleasure'. The extra hurdle that the club have put in my way for the privilege of doing so is just - for me at least - a bridge too far.

If the club doesn't want my support at games that's fine by me.

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but we are not the cool club that everyone wants to see anymore. The Istanbul bandwagon is now rolling up a much steeper hill.

If the club thinks it can fill the stadium at every cup game playing Rotherham, Stoke and shit teams in Europe that no one has ever heard of without people like me then let it fill its boots

I'm done.

Now - where did I put that armchair?

I know those feels, bro

I'm caring less and less myself, the effort I went to to get to the Hearts match coming up from London only to get to the T.O two hours before K.O and get told its sold out. No warnings on the phone line about going down to restricted views/limited availability.

I'm a fancard holder myself I can just see myself making less of an effort to go the match from now on. I went to watch Noel Gallagher at the Echo Arena on Thursday for more or less the same price as a match ticket can sit with me mates decent view, and have a bevy whilst watching the gig.

The whole night cost me about the same as day/night going the match and drinking round the Albert Dock is better than drinking round Anfield and cheaper than going an away match.

There are better value for money things to do with my hard earned cash than trace all the way up from London to watch a load of millionaire players struggle against your West Broms and Stokes. A Kop that can't even be arsed to get behind the team and create a decent atmosphere, think its been my wake up call!

[YOUTUBE]q7vtWB4owdE[/YOUTUBE]

Life isnt always fair, but giving up isn't always so easy. I'm sure it's a pain in the arse, and we're probably similar ages mav, with similar matchgoing history, but i was lucky enough to get a second crack at the season ticket I had to give up due to work. Now living in Oz, I count down the months and years till i'm gonna get the chance to be at a match again. There no place on earth to beat it, even on a shit match, it's part of what makes supporters, supporters. Watching it on the box is akin to smoking bananaskins, yer can kid yerself al yer want its the same, but it's missing the thing yer really doing it for. The camaradery, revelry, the chance that today could be an ecstatic win, or a crushing defeat. Gigs are great, but they don't offer quite the same chance for swings in emotion. best of luck anyway.

£40 to see Noel Gallagher? As much as a rip-off as the match.

The Albert dock is a bit shit for a bevvy too. The numerous proper ale houses in town are a better bet.

Just saying, like.

To be fair you're probably right about it being a rip off, but it was sunny on Thursday and the fanny around the Albert Dock blows the toothless smack rats who walk the streets of Anfield in PJ's drinking cans of Special brew mid afternoon comp out the water!

Almost all of my old match going mates sacked it off years ago, they all think i'm mental when I tell them the trouble i've gone to for a ticket and the wedge i've spent.

Gave up my fancard a couple of years ago. They lost my details and record of the matches that I had been to and told me that I never had a fancard. Sent them proof to show that I did have a card and that I had been to games with it and got, effectively, a "computer says no" response and told that if I wanted to I could buy a new fancard. I know it was only a couple of pound but told them where they could shove it.

I go to less games now relying on spare season tickets and mates fan cards and I don't miss it either.

The club needs to be careful as it is really alienating people. The assumption of both sets of US owners is that the demand will always be there, regardless of the quality of the team or opposition and that, for me anyway, is simply not the case anymore.

Another quick anecdote. A few years back I arranged tickets late on for myself, my brother and some mates to go to the game. We were to pick them up on the day. We went to the office on the Anny Road and our tickets were gone. The initial reaction was tough shit, I kicked off and after about 30 mins we were shown to some unsold restricted view seats. The entire time my argument was, you know where our seats are, go to those seats and kick out the people sitting there. The reality is, someone had sorted out their mates with our tickets and we had to suffer for it.

In the end, after some correspondence to the club I got my money back, but their disdain for me was shocking.

I think some are missing the point

I am still happy to go to Anfield and support my team.

I am happy to hand over some cash in exchange for a ticket.

What I am not prepared to do is enter the ticket equivalent of It's a Knockout in order to get said ticket and get fleeced for an entrance entrance fee in the process.

Fancard - for life £3.00: bargain

Members Card (and forgive me it's a while since I looked at its terms) is a renewable beast for a considerable sight more than three quid simply to secure the club's permission to buy tickets.

As a (female) friend of mine is keen to quote: If you're going to fuck me, buy me dinner first.

I'm 24 and have been lucky enough to have had a season ticket for 18 years in the Kop.

I'll be honest, I've lost a lot of the buzz over the past 2 or 3 years. There could be many reasons for this but I cannot really pin down one. The obvious nose dive in quality since Rafa's days in 2009 has massively played a part I'm sure. I'm sick of going to Anfielf and anticipating 90minutes of turgid depressing shite that is inevitably server up. I can count on one hand the really great performances I have witnessed in the past 3 seasons.

The off field business to. I don't need to go in to any details about that. To put it simply, Liverpool has stumbled from one cock up to the next off the pitch and deadline day is just another chapter to add to that sorry story. I feel totally fucked off with the whole club at the minute. I believe FSG are in it for the right reasons and there is no sinister element to their ownership, however I have little faith at present that they know how the fuck they're going to succeed and grow the club as they say they plan to do.

The money element is another issue, it's an absolute wedge to go the match when you factor everything in.

That's the bottom line for me. I can never see myself jibbing it but I can fully understand older fellers who feel like they've had enough.

Some people don't realise how lucky they are, I'd love nothing more than to be able to go to every game.

Lucky? Paying daft, daft money to watch millionaire footballers (many of whom are seemingly unable/not arsed enough to put a shift in) , money which will in the long-term will help to line the pockets of filthy rich American businessmen. Modern football is fucking shite and I, for one, am glad I sacked it off.

Lucky? Paying daft, daft money to watch millionaire footballers (many of whom are seemingly unable/not arsed enough to put a shift in) , money which will in the long-term will help to line the pockets of filthy rich American businessmen. Modern football is fucking shite and I, for one, am glad I sacked it off.

This is it in a nut shell! City winning the league and Chelsea winning the CL sums it all up, its just not the same anymore the game is fucked! I wish I could walk away and not care.