You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Other than the super league aids I don’t think they’ve done that bad at all. 

Me neither. But they have made some horrendous mistakes - and mistakes that have made it look like they think us older fans are a hindrance. 

But without a shift in culture and a change in ownership rules from the top - I think it is better the devil you know. I really don't think a generic 'they need to go' offers anything - people who say that should be asked 'and replace with who'. 

We need to take advantage of this situation and secure fan representation on the board. 

4 hours ago, KevieG said:

You look at the PSG and City benches last night, and we are supposed to have a similar wage bill to these, and us playing Nat Philips as a starting centre half, and signing lads from Preston in a full blown injury crisis. 

I like how you wondered how we've ended up having to play Nat Phillips and you answer that just a few words later. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Other than the super league aids I don’t think they’ve done that bad at all. 

They've done very well aside from some very high profile calamities such as the ESL, the furloughing and some of the copyright issues. 

Some say all the success is down to Jurgen, which probably isn't a huge distance from the truth (though I think Edwards has been great too), but they brought him in. 

Their biggest mistake was probably assuming that UEFA would enforce FFP. 

5 hours ago, Numero said:

Really? Wow. Thanks, I didn’t know that. I didn’t mention exactly that in the post you clearly didn’t read or understand. Why are these mouth breathing cunts allowed to ruin this site? The IQ of this website has dropped 40 points in the last 5 years. It’s absolutely pointless. 

Oi you cunt, I resemble that remark. 

On a side note, the reason we pay so much is that the bribes we pay to the powers that be have gone up exponentially over the last 4 years. Winning dont come cheap when paying the top men.

• Upvote 1

On 27/04/2021 at 18:57, J-V said:

One of the greatest things ever posted on these forums.

Nah it was not.

It was some pathetic drivel from someone who thought Benitez still had it, when infact he should have been sacked a few years earlier. 

I have just read that Echo article and it wasn't arguing not to sign him. Just what he brings is what Jones can bring. I'm sure that if the echo wrote something similar in 1999 about Gerrard some would be saying the same. Jones looks very good - potentially he could save us millions - it Isn't that far fetched. 

21 minutes ago, Code said:

Nah it was not.

It was some pathetic drivel from someone who thought Benitez still had it, when infact he should have been sacked a few years earlier. 

A few years earlier. He was sacked in June 2010. So... when, just after we won the FA Cup or when we went to the final of the European cup the year after? Bit harsh, but fuck it. Why not. Nothing ever makes sense to me anymore, so let's turn back time and do it. 

3 minutes ago, Jockey said:

I have just read that Echo article and it wasn't arguing not to sign him. Just what he brings is what Jones can bring. I'm sure that if the echo wrote something similar in 1999 about Gerrard some would be saying the same. Jones looks very good - potentially he could save us millions - it Isn't that far fetched. 

I agree. The Echo these days does write some utter shite, but bugging up Curtis Jones as Wijnaldums replacement isn’t one of them. 

2 minutes ago, Numero said:

A few years earlier. He was sacked in June 2010. So... when, just after we won the FA Cup or when we went to the final of the European cup the year after? Bit harsh, but fuck it. Why not. Nothing ever makes sense to me anymore, so let's turn back time and do it. 

I don't know why I did the things I did,
I don't know why I said the things I said,
Pride's like a knife, it can cut deep inside
Words are like weapons, they wound sometimes

I didn't really mean to hurt you
I didn't wanna see you go
I know I made you cry, but baby

If I could turn back time, if I could find a way,
I'd take back those words that've hurt you, you'd stay,
If I could reach the stars, I'd give 'em all to you,
Then you'd love me, love me, like you used to do,
If I could turn back time

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jockey said:

The problem is, I'm sure last year they were saying that Jones was Lallana's replacement. 

I was fine with that idea. Lallana wasn't playing much anymore, so it made sense to replace him with Jones, who'd showed lots of glimpses of potential.

Wijnaldumis a first team regular. Has Jones done enough to show that he deserves to be selected week in week out? Not for me? He should still only be regarded as a squad player for now. 

19 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The problem is, I'm sure last year they were saying that Jones was Lallana's replacement. 

I was fine with that idea. Lallana wasn't playing much anymore, so it made sense to replace him with Jones, who'd showed lots of glimpses of potential.

Wijnaldumis a first team regular. Has Jones done enough to show that he deserves to be selected week in week out? Not for me? He should still only be regarded as a squad player for now. 

I think you are right - Jones was Lallana's replacement but he has played a lot more than we all expected him to. Wjinaldum is 4th choice - he has played so much because of injuries (as has Jones to be fair). I think seeing Jones as a replacement for Gini isn't a stretch - I don't agree with it (he is a replacement for Ox and Keita in my opinion). But it isn't a stretch. City replaced Silva with Forden! 

I think we will sign another midfielder - so the Echo is wrong, but with Jones coming through I can see both the Ox and Keita going. 

I think Firmino may be used in midfield a bit more next season. 

Whoever Florian whats his face is(never heard of the cunt) - he would not be a first team regular (week in week out) for us either. Jones has been ever present in matchday squads, been involved more often than not and is not going to play less next season.

Midfield three of Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson is nailed on as first choice barring injury. Jones and Keita will spell them and Milner still needs minutes if he is going to stay. That is before any thought goes into what happens with Shaqiei and Chamberlain.

Think we will see a bit more of the front four next season as well.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Whoever Florian whats his face is(never heard of the cunt) - he would not be a first team regular (week in week out) for us either. Jones has been ever present in matchday squads, been involved more often than not and is not going to play less next season.

Midfield three of Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson is nailed on as first choice barring injury. Jones and Keita will spell them and Milner still needs minutes if he is going to stay. That is before any thought goes into what happens with Shaqiei and Chamberlain.

Think we will see a bit more of the front four next season as well.

Yeah - I can see Firmino or Thiago in that in-between role next season, with Jones the flexible one. I agree on the first choice 3 being Fab, Hendo and Thiago. 

54 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I don't know why I did the things I did,
I don't know why I said the things I said,
Pride's like a knife, it can cut deep inside
Words are like weapons, they wound sometimes

I didn't really mean to hurt you
I didn't wanna see you go
I know I made you cry, but baby

If I could turn back time, if I could find a way,
I'd take back those words that've hurt you, you'd stay,
If I could reach the stars, I'd give 'em all to you,
Then you'd love me, love me, like you used to do,