You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our coaching staff - how bad are they?

Nathanzx

The problem with this may be that it was 20 years ago and a major criticism of kenny is that his managerial style is from a different era but I'd imagine fergie's training sessions are more or less the same as they've always been although obviously it would have evolved somewhat over time and the introduction of sport science etc.

Thanks for that Paco, an excellent read which I think you can interpret both for,and against.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Kenny lives for football and I think he will be playing it similar to how he did it at Blackburn in that he will have the belief they are good enough.

"He will be hurting. Liverpool is in his heart. He looks older and tense this season. He looks like he is under pressure but he will try not let that get to the players.

"When you look at their squad they have enough to stop the run and he still has the FA Cup to go for."

He'll be eyeing up the golf course and talking it over with the family, but I don't think he'll quit prematurely.

He looks older and tense this season. He looks like he is under pressure but he will try not let that get to the players.

I agree that the relaxed,confident manner of a year ago is gone.

My concern is that the pressure he is clearly feeling is communicating itself to the players.

It is quite difficult to turn your emotions on and off.

My specific concern is that his belief is that everything is fine apart from luck and refereeing decisions is a massive crutch to the players.

I agree that the relaxed,confident manner of a year ago is gone.

My concern is that the pressure he is clearly feeling is communicating itself to the players.

It is quite difficult to turn your emotions on and off.

My specific concern is that his belief is that everything is fine apart from luck and refereeing decisions is a massive crutch to the players.

I think your doing Kenny a disservice there to be honest, just because he doesn't say it in public doesn't mean he doesn't know it, he'd have to be blind not to see how shite we are

I think your doing Kenny a disservice there to be honest, just because he doesn't say it in public doesn't mean he doesn't know it, he'd have to be blind not to see how shite we are

I agree that he will see it.

My point is that if he and the players think that our run is down to bad luck and circumstances outside of our control they will not work to put right what needs to be put right.