You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What else you read into that, I feel, is clearly your own interpretation governed by some sort of agenda that I haven't quite figured out yet. I can't tell if you're angry about the entire season, angry about us wining the Carling Cup, angry about not winning the title this year. Perhaps all of those things maybe?

What agenda, the agenda is that we had a horrendous season - not nthe first one but in this one I felt we could go places. Winn9ing the cup was a nice thing to do but all things considered it meant nothing. It means nothing because we see now that we can't compete with the top. That is depressing and yes, that makes me angry. "Next year", like we say for 20 years now.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New to this forum, hello.

There is more chance of me nan doing a 300 with a skateboard that liverpool finishing 4th

win our 10 remaining games? the last time we even had back to back wins in the league is dec (QPR/VILLA...correct me if im wrong!?) so what evidence do you have to sugges this non-firing liverpool side can overcome a free scoring arsenal or a spurs team with a nice points cushion? oh and not to forget chelsea an newcastle who stand in our way before we even discuss arsenal/spurs!

And before that it was August. We're due a repeat before the seasons end.

As you well know it was supposed to be 81, but considering they are on course to 61 I doubt it matters much.

If a team gets above 68 points they will get 4th, thats what I'm putting my neck on the line for here, everything else is secondary and considring we can get 69 points its still possible.

If we lose another one its probably gone, but not definitley.

It's not possible. Wake up.

What agenda, the agenda is that we had a horrendous season - not nthe first one but in this one I felt we could go places. Winn9ing the cup was a nice thing to do but all things considered it meant nothing. It means nothing because we see now that we can't compete with the top. That is depressing and yes, that makes me angry. "Next year", like we say for 20 years now.

Winning a cup and competing for other cups means everything to this club. It meant something to the players and, it meant something to me. I rather enjoy seeing us winning trophies. Yes, of course it's not the title. But that's always what we hope for. But if you thought that it was going to happen this year, then you're going to continue to be angry and depressed because we're not quite the title-winning trophy team just yet. I'd say there were about three or four other clubs who are in a similar situation.

I'd also suggest that until the season is over, I wouldn't quite classify it as 'horrendous'. Give it another nine matches (plus maybe two more FA cup matches, fingers crossed) and see where we are.

To be frank, the season is horrendous. I am not saying that I expected to win the league, I am not deluded. I did expect moire though, more of a challenge and not that we trail fucking Newcastle. We are better than them. Thats where my problem lies, we can't really compete throughout a season with five other teams.

Birmingham won a cup last season, too, lets put all this in perspective.

We must do better. Winning the FA Cup would be nice, and a double would be great, no doubt. But it would just paper opver the cracks that we are currently a mid table team. I feel that we are better than that.

To be frank, the season is horrendous. I am not saying that I expected to win the league, I am not deluded. I did expect moire though, more of a challenge and not that we trail fucking Newcastle. We are better than them. Thats where my problem lies, we can't really compete throughout a season with five other teams.

Birmingham won a cup last season, too, lets put all this in perspective.

We must do better. Winning the FA Cup would be nice, and a double would be great, no doubt. But it would just paper opver the cracks that we are currently a mid table team. I feel that we are better than that.

Ok, perspective. Birmingham won a cup, and were then relegated, their players sold off, and their owner facing charges. However, it looks like they will be ok under Chris Hughton in the Championship. I don't think their situation is all that comparable to ours.

Arsenal were competing on four fronts last season, won nothing, lost Nasri, Clichy (alright maybe not such a great loss) and Fabregas. But they did manage to stay in a Champions League position. Which is something Arsene is used to doing.

Newcastle - well, I'm not sure they'll stay where they are, and Spuds seem to be losing it now. We may, just may, finish above both of them, so 5th might be entirely plausible. Again, I'm going to wait until match 38 to see if that is true.

I'm not as optimistic as Code, however, I don't think that the season has been 'horrendous' based on where we may possibly end up and what amount of silverware we may have won come mid-May.

21/3: QPR away 1

24/3: Wigan home 3

01/04: Newcastle away 1

07/04: Aston Villa home 3

10/04: Blackburn away 3

14/04: Fulham home* 3

21/04: West Brom home 1

28/04: Norwich away 1

05/05: Chelsea home* 3

13/03: Swansea away 0

In my opinion anyway

Would give us 61 points.

Meaning Arsenal have to pick up 10-11 points from 30.

Spurs have to pick up 9-10 points from 30.

So as much as i would love to see it, its a no from me.

Christ even my pessimistic outlook is looking like optimism.

Abysmal season this.

Was listening to a radio show last night, they were talking about the race for 4th and who could possibly get it.

On of the things mentioned is that Chelsea could effectivly put all their eggs in one basket and go for glory in the CL they could rest as many players as they wanted in the PL and not finish 4th. If they then go on to win the CL then the 4th CL place gets awarded to Chelsea. So wether Arsenal, Spurs, Us or even Newcastle get that spot its not a dead cert that we will get CL football next season.

If chelsea somehow do a Liverpool in 2005 which is not by any means out of the question then it could be very dissapointing.

Chelsea have no chance of winning the CL.

I dont think they do either, but I'm certain they will advance to the semi finals and then who knows.

They will have to make priorities though and that can be good for us both for the run in in the league and a potential FA Cup final if we should get there together with Chelsea.

I dont think they do either, but I'm certain they will advance to the semi finals and then who knows.

They will have to make priorities though and that can be good for us both for the run in in the league and a potential FA Cup final if we should get there together with Chelsea.

In a one-off match (i.e. the final) anything is possible but over 3 hours against Barcelona it is nigh on impossible to see them progressing. In fact, they could get a serious schooling in the Nou Camp the way things are going.

I do think they could win to be honest, i dont think they will but i think they could.

Beat Benfica over 2 legs. and hope have a solid run against either AC or Barca and could have a very easy final depending on results. Dont for get how bad our PL form was in 2005 and how strong we were in the CL.

and yes I agree it could help our league for if they slip up and/or decide to just concentrate on the CL. but imagen if they did win and we finished 4th it would be horrendous.

Guest TK-421
So more points dropped by Chelsea and Tottenham, who could have thought it?

I'd imagine most people could figure it out since they were playing each other.

It's no less likely than us finishing fourth, and certainly no less possible.