You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Hope he's honest when he mentions making mistakes but learning from them. For so long we have had managers who persist with the same mistake be it selecting or not selecting someone or tactically. A certain stubbornness can often be an attribute though can just as easily be a flaw.

Rodgers speaks well we all know this, if he speaks as well to his players and gets his ideas across clearly then it's not such a bad thing, I presume Rodgers is a full on coach.

I have a feeling that one or two may be total out of the blue surprises that will catch everyone unawares. But before the usual superfans get all smug about how that's ace and the Liverpool Way and how boss it is that it's all going on 'behind closed doors', I don't mean in a good way.

I mean in a 'oh fuck, REALLY?' type of way.

Clearly we can't compete for the top players everyone wants, even last season when he had some cash to spend, we'd never have been able to attract players like Silva, Aguero, Martinez, Moutinho, Sanchez, Hazard et al, so we spent lots of money on overpriced shit that nobody else wanted, like Downing and Horrenderson.

This summer will be similar, but we will just have less money. So that's a positive in some ways.

I think there is some mileage in Ramierez, for the past two weeks we have not been linked with anybody! Not one player, United where linked with half of the players at Euro 2012, and you get the feeling that a club like Liverpool cannot sign anyone without knowledge, Barett said there was no contact, which doesn't really mean he isn't a target.

I agree with you about the money, I think £30m spent wisely is enough, but it all depends upon how we spend it and how good Brendan is, I think £30m would be ideal for Wenger. We certainly need to do what we did when we signed Hypia, but that needs to be what we do.

Not really a glowing endorsement for Carroll from Rodgers.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers claims reports linking Andy Carroll with AC Milan are wide of the mark, with the Italian outfit having made no contact.

It has been claimed that the Serie A giants are keen to strike a loan deal for the England international after being impressed by his displays at Euro 2012.

Carroll has not enjoyed the best of times at Anfield since completing a £35million move from Newcastle United, but his performances towards the end of last season suggest he is close to recapturing his best form.

Rodgers considers the 23-year-old to be an important part of his plans heading forward and appreciates that transfer gossip will follow good players around.

He told Sky Sports News HD: "He's a good player, Andy. He will always be linked whether he was here or not.

Good player

"I have spoken to Andy on his holidays and he knows exactly where he stands. He's a very good young player and he will be linked with clubs like that because he's such a good player."

Asked if Milan had made an approach, Rodgers added: "I haven't heard anything from them at all."

Rodgers has also hinted that he is prepared to offer a clean slate to Joe Cole and Alberto Aquilani,two players that have been sent out on loan in recent seasons after struggling to settle at Anfield.

Rodgers said: "Both players are back. I had a good chat with Alberto the other day. He's a good guy and it obviously hasn't quite worked out for him as of yet. But he's a player that has got the qualities, the technical ability, to play.

"What's going to be important for every player is that they have the steel and the mindset to play. That's something I will find out about all of the players during pre-season."

Milan yet to make Carroll move | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Er, what? Because he used the word "good" it's somehow a thinly-veiled negative?

What would have been an acceptable adjective?

Amazing?

Wondrous?

Heavenly?

Epoch-defining?

Did you watch the interview. He seemed... erm... edgy.

I know our club are the words worst negotiators after HMRC, but even we wouldn't loan another player to AC Milan!

However If I was a sports journalist, and a United or Everton fan that is exactly the type of shit I would report.

Loads of outlets running with this quotes from Rodgers.

"The reality is we have only made three or four enquiries about players and hopefully can close out one deal this week which will be a real exciting one for the club, one the supporters will absolutely love."

Er, what? Because he used the word "good" it's somehow a thinly-veiled negative?

What would have been an acceptable adjective?

Amazing?

Wondrous?

Heavenly?

Epoch-defining?

He had a couple of opportunities to say he wasn't for sale and is part of his plans. I wasn't referring to him calling him a good player, I was referring to what he didn't say.

He had a couple of opportunities to say he wasn't for sale and is part of his plans. I wasn't referring to him calling him a good player, I was referring to what he didn't say.

Cheese and quackers mate!!! You sound like my wife!!!

"Its not what you said, its what you failed to say...