You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I am in pain. Got spots all over my......

Sugar Ape

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't had it for years before starting in my current job last year. Had it 3 times since, I blame all the people with kids coming in moaning that their kids have caught this and that and coughing all over the place.

Probably gets spread through the air conditioning as well. I am considering drinking some Whiskey straight up to try and burn it off. Thoughts?

Air con in offices is a nightmare.

There is never any moister in the air,even worse this time of the year when the morons put the heating on to about 26 and then wonder why they freeze going outside.Real men have the temp down to 18 and short sleeves all year.

Go for the whiskey,that's what I do.

It's never nice but Beechams and honey or hot lemon and honey with loads of whiskey.The water goes a right murky colour but it works,kill or cure.

Having said all that I generally go to bed for a few days just invade its man flu,you can never be too careful,

Systems to look out for with man flu

1) Don't want to go to work.

2) Feel like you need a drink.

3) Hungry

4) In pain.

Don't take any chances.

I had strep throat a few months back. Worst fucking thing I have ever experienced. Breaking my foot in a few places had nothing on this mutha.

Went to sleep Sunday night absolutely fine. Woken up by throat at about 5am, gargled some crushed aspirin and went back to sleep. Woke up one hour later and within about 3 hours I was walking/ shuffling around the apartment and making a dull moan like some kind of undead strep zombie. Every time I tried to swallow I had to stamp my foot on the floor to try and deal with the pain. Ridiculous pain cramps in back and shoulder, neck and face followed due to overwhelming agony of strep throat.

Endured 2 days of no sleep and terrible pain and then admitted defeat and got heavy duty painkillers and antibiotics. I always try and last as long as possible before seeing the pill nazis.

Air con in offices is a nightmare.

There is never any moister in the air,even worse this time of the year when the morons put the heating on to about 26 and then wonder why they freeze going outside.Real men have the temp down to 18 and short sleeves all year.

Go for the whiskey,that's what I do.

It's never nice but Beechams and honey or hot lemon and honey with loads of whiskey.The water goes a right murky colour but it works,kill or cure.

Having said all that I generally go to bed for a few days just invade its man flu,you can never be too careful,

Systems to look out for with man flu

1) Don't want to go to work.

2) Feel like you need a drink.

3) Hungry

4) In pain.

Don't take any chances.

I have chronic rhinitis/sinusitis and air conditioning absolutely kills me. Dries up my nose terribly and makes it get inflamed/infected. Had it bad this year and looked like I had two shiners, at it's worst.

A good one for flu is to use some white rum, try wray and nephew, the jamaican stuff.

Rub some on your chest and head before you go to sleep . Make sure you wrap up in a few layers and you will sweat it out. Hate flu, it makes you feel so weak and pathetic, like a new born calf, with flu obviously.

I have chronic rhinitis/sinusitis and air conditioning absolutely kills me. Dries up my nose terribly and makes it get inflamed/infected. Had it bad this year and looked like I had two shiners, at it's worst.

Try some thyme tea, it's a natural antiseptic and is excellent for lungs and breathing passages. It may help ease your symptoms. Make sure you use the fresh stuff, make it simmer for about 10 mins and strain it.

I happen to have a bottle of Wray and Nephew to hand. I've had it, unopened, for 2 years as it was given to me as a Christmas present. I don't particularly like Rum and it is 63%. Yes, that's right 63%.

I'm not rubbing it on my chest and head though. Weirdo.

I've still got a full bottle left as I don't drink if often. I'd recommend giving it a go though if you haven't tried it.

I went on a tour of the Brugal factory when I was in the Dominican which was interesting. That bottle on the website for £18 odd cost me £3 over there.