You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Teams who play goal celebration music

Lurtz

Just watching MOTD. Norwich, you small time cunts, you can get to fuck with that shit, along with the likes of Wigan. There's a lot wrong with football and this is right up there. It's a small step to the dreadful yank basketball [know your Eddie Izzard] duh-duh-dur-duh, duh-duh-dur-duh, duh-duh-dur-duh....

Who else does that in the top flight? They can all fuck off.

When Bolton scored yesterday they didn't just play music, the announcer nob said something like 'iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiits super skipper Kevin Davies!'

Amazingly embarrasing. Coupled with all the club-produced banners around the ground saying 'Owen Coyle's Superwhite Army!' it made me want to stab Peter and his anorexic brother Vernon Kay, Sara Cox and all other professional Boltonians squarely in the face just that little bit more.

Tom Hark

Song 2

Papa's Got A Brand New Pig Bag

Chelsea Dagger

{insert random UK No1 from the last 2 months}

It's a shit idea, perpetrated by shit clubs with shit fans. The same goes for the PA announcing a player's first name, expecting the fans to shout the surname (see Arsenal), or the PA starting to sing in a pathetic attempt to stir up the slobbering mongs that make up his club's fanbase (see Mancs at OT when we bummed them 4-1).

Tom Hark

Song 2

Papa's Got A Brand New Pig Bag

Chelsea Dagger

{insert random UK No1 from the last 2 months}

It's a shit idea, perpetrated by shit clubs with shit fans. The same goes for the PA announcing a player's first name, expecting the fans to shout the surname (see Arsenal), or the PA starting to sing in a pathetic attempt to stir up the slobbering mongs that make up his club's fanbase (see Mancs at OT when we bummed them 4-1).

I think they copied that from the continent, remember it happening at Bayern Munich in a CL game a few years before I noticed L'Arse starting up with it.

What will they do for Gervinho though?

I think they copied that from the continent, remember it happening at Bayern Munich in a CL game a few years before I noticed L'Arse starting up with it.

It happens in every ground in the Bundesliga. Every club has it's own "Torjubel", a 30-second music piece after every goal scored at home. Some other countries do it too to a lesser extent. It's excellent, and the stadiums are wall-to-wall noise and atmosphere every game.

Contrast that with the EPL, where stadiums are mostly like libraries, for all bar the big games.

I remember watching Preston at Blackpool years ago and the tannoys in the away end were whacked right and when they scored we got treated to James Brown's "I Feel Good" starting with that fucking "WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" Wankers! Did they do it in the PL?

Edited by Preston Red
swapping rabbits for tannoys! fuckin stupid phone!

The Torjubel and "Call/Response" PA technique for players, really get the crowd going, and there is no better place for fans than the Bundesliga. The fan is put before everything else, whereas in the EPL, he is an afterthought amongst boards and administrators.