You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

See you later.

Do you disagree?

I'd honestly like to see the arguements for that.

Winning the CL with Liverpool? Never done before obviously.

Winning the league with Valencia? Never done before obviously.

Taking Fulham to the UEFA Cup final? A regular occurance this one.

Do you disagree?

I'm not even going there. It's pointless. You have your opinion and you never turn away from it. Fine. That's your prerogative. I remember a few years ago the amount of long drawn out debates on here I had about Benitez, particularly with Brownie. I argued for Rafa, he argued against. Both of us acknowledged each others reasons for taking the stance we did and agreed to disagree. It's a football forum and it's good to hear from other people whether they agree with you or are opposed to you and also to have your point heard.

You are just like Rashid was. I rarely agreed with Rash but found him entertaining. Then Crouch signed and all we had for months regardless of Crouch's form etc was Rash turning every thread into a debate about Crouch. Except it wasn't a debate. It was people calling Rashid a cunt because all he did was repeat his point over and over again when we already knew the position he had while ignoring or discrediting everyone else's opinion. It was tiresome and boring.

You don't like Rafa, EVERYONE on this site knows it. It's fine that that is your opinion, but why constantly bring it up and ruin every other thread? You asked of me questions that indicate you'd like to debate the subject but in reality you don't. No matter what I say in response to those questions you won't acknowledge my view as having any legitimacy. You never agree to disagree with people and move on. You just repeatedly post the same things at every turn about Benitez and revel in the reaction you stir up. People are bored of it. You post a lot of interesting stuff on here (in my opinion) and I like reading some of your posts but you just ruin it with this Rafa fixation.

It's been 2 years for fuck sake. Even the people who wanted Rafa back this summer are now just looking forward to seeing what Rodgers does with us and the new season. Some people loved Rafa, some didn't. Some think he was a success, some thought he ultimately failed. It's subjective and after 2 years can we not just let it go rather than turning every thread into you against the world?

This is a thread about Hodgson's Euro campaign and what he's going to achieve going forward. We don't need his time at Fulham to be compared with Rafa's stints at Valencia and Liverpool. If you want to constantly bang on about how Benitez was the worst manager in history then go start a thread about it and argue with the people who still have the patience to answer you instead of ruining this place for people who want to talk about things other than Rafa Fucking Benitez.

Do you disagree?

All this time looking forward, hoping that we could win the league but in fact I've now just realised that it won't mean a thing as we've won it 18 times already.

Jesus!! Code, you really need to wind it in here. Read that statement back to yourself.

Fulhams biggest achievement before Hodgson took them to the Europa League final was playing in the FA Cup final in 1975.

Before Rafa won the CL and the FA Cup with us we had won 4 European Cups, 6 FA Cups, 7 League Cups, 3 UEFA Cups and 18 League Titles.

Its all about perspective and every way you look at it getting Fulham to the Europa league final stands out as overachieving seeing no one have ever come close to do it before.

Jesus!! Code, you really need to wind it in here. Read that statement back to yourself.

Fulhams biggest achievement before Hodgson took them to the Europa League final was playing in the FA Cup final in 1975.

Before Rafa won the CL and the FA Cup with us we had won 4 European Cups, 6 FA Cups, 7 League Cups, 3 UEFA Cups and 18 League Titles.

Its all about perspective and every way you look at it getting Fulham to the Europa league final stands out as overachieving seeing no one have ever come close to do it before.

This is such a lot of bollocks, I don't even believe for one second that you believe it.

By this logic, Bobby Gould could be the best manager in the history of football.

And the divisive Rafa debate rumbles on and on and on...

Can't people agree to disagree and talk about something else? Something interesting and current.

I have to take responsibility for this, as it was me who mentioned him. But not in that way, I was suggestign that Rafa, and Maureen would have gotten England past Italy. My point was that managers who are tactically flexible can sometimes make up for that lack in obvious talent.

So this is my fault.

This is a thread about Hodgson's Euro campaign and what he's going to achieve going forward. We don't need his time at Fulham to be compared with Rafa's stints at Valencia and Liverpool. If you want to constantly bang on about how Benitez was the worst manager in history then go start a thread about it and argue with the people who still have the patience to answer you instead of ruining this place for people who want to talk about things other than Rafa Fucking Benitez.

This thread is not really about Hodgsons Euro campaign is it, it was started last August, more than 10 months ago.

This thread is not really about Hodgsons Euro campaign is it, it was started last August, more than 10 months ago.

Unlike you I've noticed that the thread has moved on. What were people talking about before you rocked up with your predictable repetitive ramblings? Seriously, you are beyond tedious.

In all fairness to Code, I think it was me who brought Rafa into it, not him. I was the one who suggested Rafa would have been more successful. He, and others who disagree have every right to pull me up on that.

It was a genuine comparison in styles, and I used him as someone who will alter his tactics to suit the opposition as oppossed to someone who simply refuses to accept they could be wrong. (which when you think of it, probably explains why Code supports him so much, but that is another argument!)

I have to take responsibility for this, as it was me who mentioned him. But not in that way, I was suggestign that Rafa, and Maureen would have gotten England past Italy. My point was that managers who are tactically flexible can sometimes make up for that lack in obvious talent.

So this is my fault.

As long as you have learned a lesson here, Whelan, I can see positives in this little exercise of futility!

Unlike you I've noticed that the thread has moved on. What were people talking about before you rocked up with your predictable repetitive ramblings? Seriously, you are beyond tedious.

You dont think reading post after post about wanting Hodgson to fail, what a poor manager he is etc is tedious?

I dont really care about Rafa and I dont care about Hodgson, one was a good manager when he came here, but he lost his way, the other one was never good enough for the ambitions we as fans have for the club.

But as an international manager there is nothing wrong with Hodgson really, he is pragmatic and he set up his teams not to lose, a gameplan which in all honesty was the only way this average English team would have a hope to reach a possible semi final.

Going into this tournament people seemed to have come to terms with Englands limitations and the expectations were not that high and Hodgson's England did well to win their group by not losing a game, then in the quarter final they came up against Italy and neither team were able to score so ti went to penalties.

Who did think England would be in this position before the tournament started? I was one of them and could see them potentially reaching the semis with some luck, they did not as they lost the lottery that is penalty shoot outs, but as I've argued before, when a game has reached that stage there is not much a manager/coach can do and I'd say the managers/coachs achievements from the losing team have to be seen as equal to the manager/coach from the winning team as its all down to the players.

But now after England were knocked out people seem to believe they were good enough to reach the semis after all, by the looks of it England should win it all if only they had a manager who would send them out with the right tactics.

Its hilarious really.