You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

Do you disagree?

I'd honestly like to see the arguements for that.

Winning the CL with Liverpool? Never done before obviously.

Winning the league with Valencia? Never done before obviously.

Taking Fulham to the UEFA Cup final? A regular occurance this one.

Jesus Christ. He's obviously baiting.

Jesus Christ. He's obviously baiting.

I thought that. When negging me before he suggested that his criticisms of Rafa were a direct result of people using a thread to voice their criticisms of Hodgson. But then I remembered this is a man who tallys up the number of posts people have made in a thread and ranks them by form of a thread specific posting league table. I dont know why people even try to reason with him. He is mental, extremely tedious and should be ignored.

You dont think reading post after post about wanting Hodgson to fail, what a poor manager he is etc is tedious?

I dont really care about Rafa and I dont care about Hodgson, one was a good manager when he came here, but he lost his way, the other one was never good enough for the ambitions we as fans have for the club.

But as an international manager there is nothing wrong with Hodgson really, he is pragmatic and he set up his teams not to lose, a gameplan which in all honesty was the only way this average English team would have a hope to reach a possible semi final.

Going into this tournament people seemed to have come to terms with Englands limitations and the expectations were not that high and Hodgson's England did well to win their group by not losing a game, then in the quarter final they came up against Italy and neither team were able to score so ti went to penalties.

Who did think England would be in this position before the tournament started? I was one of them and could see them potentially reaching the semis with some luck, they did not as they lost the lottery that is penalty shoot outs, but as I've argued before, when a game has reached that stage there is not much a manager/coach can do and I'd say the managers/coachs achievements from the losing team have to be seen as equal to the manager/coach from the winning team as its all down to the players.

But now after England were knocked out people seem to believe they were good enough to reach the semis after all, by the looks of it England should win it all if only they had a manager who would send them out with the right tactics.

Its hilarious really.

You turned this into bullshit about Rafa. Again. I can't be arsed to talk about Hodgson with you despite the fact that i disagree with a lot of what you just said. You bore me. You bore everyone and sap the life out of this place. Any enthusiasm for this thread I had left evaporated when you started comparing Hodgson's Fulham achievements to Rafa's at Valencia for no reason whatsoever. Arguing with you is pointless as I said earlier. Your thread about points for 4th place might be the most hilarious thing i've ever seen and even when you were so blatantly wrong you still wouldn't admit it. What is the point in engaging you? Hopefully someone else will be bothered to debate with you about Hodgson because frankly I haven't got the energy or will to do so.

Oh and negging me is hilarious. Grow up you pathetic idiot. And seen as rep seems important to you it will please you to know that i received many reps for my post condemning your bullshit.

Personally, I think Hodgson is a mediocre coach at best.

For that reason, I expect him to fail as England coach.

But I also think Hodgson is a massive tosser.

For that reason, I want him to fail as England coach.

But I probably dislike Team England even more than I dislike Hodgson.

For that reason, I hope his failure as England coach is protracted.

Oh and negging me is hilarious. Grow up you pathetic idiot. And seen as rep seems important to you it will please you to know that i received many reps for my post condemning your bullshit.

Ah so you are one of those who needs an explanation for every neg he gets.

Its because I enjoy negging tight and boring posters like yourself only to see them throw a hissy fit about it on the forum later on, it never fails.

Ah so you are one of those who needs an explanation for every neg he gets.

Its because I enjoy negging tight and boring posters like yourself only to see them throw a hissy fit about it on the forum later on, it never fails.

Are you an adolescent Code?

Jesus, the Rafa obsessed monster strikes again. This is a whole new level of stupidity though. It's just blind hatred without even a morsel of common sense anymore.

Code, why is it whenever you feel the need to come in on the defensive that you go so far overboard that it just looks daft? I remember someone telling you that you needed to go out and get laid, and your response was that you had slept with more woman then anyone else on here (500 was it?). You do it with anything when you feel the need to defend something. Its how a 12 year old acts

You just look silly.

Jesus, the Rafa obsessed monster strikes again. This is a whole new level of stupidity though. It's just blind hatred without even a morsel of common sense anymore.

Code, why is it whenever you feel the need to come in on the defensive that you go so far overboard that it just looks daft? I remember someone telling you that you needed to go out and get laid, and your response was that you had slept with more woman then anyone else on here (500 was it?). You do it with anything when you feel the need to defend something. Its how a 12 year old acts

You just look silly.

Johnny, what exactly have I said about Rafa in my posts the last couple of pages?

For the other stuff, you obviously remember it wrong as I would never say anything about the amount.

Johnny, what exactly have I said about Rafa in my posts the last couple of pages?

For the other stuff, you obviously remember it wrong as I would never say anything about the amount.

We demand the stats!

Johnny, what exactly have I said about Rafa in my posts the last couple of pages?.

Code, I'm not getting into a Rafa discussion with you, as I know from experience that it is a totally pointless debate to have with you because you are willing to come out with such vastly over the top comments that it all ends in randomness. You’re comment about Hodgsons achievement getting Fulham to the Europa League final compared to any of Benitez’s achievements ever is case in point. There is no answer to that because, no offence like, but its lunacy.

Then what did you say that time? I remember been astounded, but not surprised at the time, at your comments. Of course I apologise if I've drastically underestimated the actual figure ;-)

Code, I'm not getting into a Rafa discussion with you, as I know from experience that it is a totally pointless debate to have with you because you are willing to come out with such vastly over the top comments that it all ends in randomness. You’re comment about Hodgsons achievement getting Fulham to the Europa League final compared to any of Benitez’s achievements ever is case in point. There is no answer to that because, no offence like, but its lunacy.

I'd argue its all about the perspective you look at it from.

Winning the European Cup is obviously better than reaching the Europa League final.

But winning the European Cup for the 5th time with a club tells you its something thats been done before and even if its a great achievement its not something extraordinary, I'd say reaching the Europa League final with a club like Fulham is as its never happened before, not sure if they ever have been in Europe before at all and I doubt it will happen again anytime soon.

So in relative terms reaching the Europe League final with Fulham is like me finishing second to T.Woods in top form on Augusta, while Rafa winning the CL is like Luke Donald beating him.

Then what did you say that time? I remember been astounded, but not surprised at the time, at your comments. Of course I apologise if I've drastically underestimated the actual figure ;-)

I really dont know, probably something along the lines of me being with more than him and the next three generations of his family together.

I'd argue its all about the perspective you look at it from.

Winning the European Cup is obviously better than reaching the Europa League final.

But winning the European Cup for the 5th time with a club tells you its something thats been done before and even if its a great achievement its not something extraordinary, I'd say reaching the Europa League final with a club like Fulham is as its never happened before, not sure if they ever have been in Europe before at all and I doubt it will happen again anytime soon.

So in relative terms reaching the Europe League final with Fulham is like me finishing second to T.Woods in top form on Augusta, while Rafa winning the CL is like Luke Donald beating him.

I really dont know, probably something along the lines of me being with more than him and the next three generations of his family together.

biggest load of shit i've read since my days in the maze

Take me away,

Take me away

Yeah

Dream tripping

I'm dream tripping

Yeah

Dream tripping,

You're the only thing,

You're the only thing

Take me into insanity

Yeah, dream tripping, yeah,

That's where I wanna be,

That's where I wanna be

Come on and take me into insanity

Yeah, dream tripping, yeah,

That's where I wanna be,

That's where I wanna be,

Wanna be

Code, the vast majority of the time you drive me nuts with your skewed views. But sometimes you're the best.

Pissing myself.

Code, the vast majority of the time you drive me nuts with your skewed views. But sometimes you're the best.

Exactly this.

It was actually me that asked that question! And It was a skit of Phoenix nights in response to some stats that Code offered, I asked 'have you ever kissed a girl' and he said 'yes thousands actually'

So, Whelan, you're responsible for fucking this thread over and then dramatically bringing back from the brink without even trying.

Rafa Benitez achievements with Liverpool F.C. since 2004

August 2004 – January 2010

2004-05

Liverpool became the 1st British club to ‘keep’ the European Cup following a 5th Final success.

2005-06

Became only the 3rd team, and the 1st British side, to win the European Super Cup 3 times.

Steven Gerrard became the 1st Liverpool player in history to score in 5 successive European matches.

Kept clean sheets in each of their opening 4 league games for the 1st time in the club’s history.

Liverpool set a new club record of 11 consecutive clean sheets (Oct-Dec 2005).

Went 762 minutes without conceding a league goal (a post-war club record).

Won 10 league games in a row for the 1st time in 15 years.

At Luton Liverpool scored 5 goals in an away F.A. Cup tie for the 1st time in 59 years.

Liverpool beat Manchester United for the 1st time in the F.A. Cup for 85 years.

Recorded their biggest ever away win in the F.A. Cup (7-0 at Birmingham) and the biggest by any team away from home in the Quarter-Finals for 106 years.

Conceded only 8 league goals at home – their 3rd best total ever.

Set a club record of 12 successive wins in all competitions (it was extended to 14 at the start of the following season).

By lifting the F.A. Cup became the 1st manager in the club’s history to win a trophy in each of his first 2 seasons in charge.

Set a club record of 21 goals scored by substitutes in a season – previous record was 12.

Achieved the 6th-highest accumulation of available league points in the club’s history, and at the time, the 2nd-highest ever number of wins (as a % of games played)

2006-07

Recorded his 50th league win in just 93 games – a record bettered by only 2 Liverpool managers of the previous 57 years, Dalglish and Shankly.

Went unbeaten in 30 successive home league games for only the 4th time in their history.

Scored 4 goals in the 1st half of an away league game (at Wigan) for the 1st time in 15 years.

Pepe Reina kept more clean sheets in his first 50 league games (28) than any other goalkeeper in the club’s history.

Conceded only 7 league goals at home – best total for 28 years.

Only second English side to win in Nou Camp (previous one was Liverpool in 1976).

Reached second Champions League final in three seasons.

2007-08

Beat Besiktas 8-0 to record the biggest ever Champions League victory.

Scored 4 goals in a game on 8 occasions before Christmas for only the 3rd time in club’s history.

Steven Gerrard scored his 23rd European goal – to break the club record.

Pepe Reina kept his 50th league clean sheet in his 92nd appearance – breaking club record of 95 held by Ray Clemence.

Steven Gerrard became the 1st Liverpool player ever to score in 5 successive European games in the same season.

Fernando Torres became the 1st Liverpool player in 62 years to score a hat-trick in successive home league games.

Rafa Benitez won 81 of his first 150 league games in charge. Only Kenny Dalglish (87) won more as Liverpool manager.

Liverpool had 6 players who scored 10 goals or more in a season. Only the 3rd time this had happened in the club’s history.

Fernando Torres equalled the club record by scoring in an 8th successive home league game (all divisions).

Fernando Torres scored 24 league goals – most by any Liverpool player in a debut season for 61 years.

Fernando Torres broke Ruud Van Nistelrooy’s record of most goals in a debut Premier league season by an overseas player.

Pepe Reina won the Golden Glove for the 3rd successive season.

Liverpool scored 119 goals in the season – more than any team in England.

2008-09

Liverpool won 9 successive home league games for the 1st time since November 1990.

Ended Chelsea’s 84-game unbeaten home record.

Became only the 2nd English team to win in the Bernabeu.

At Anfield inflicted upon Real Madrid their biggest ever Champions League defeat.

Recorded their biggest win at Old Trafford for 72 years. It was also the 1st time 4 Liverpool players had scored at United in the same game.

Broke Bill Shankly’s record of 65 European matches as Liverpool manager.

Broke Bob Paisley’s record of 40 European wins as Liverpool manager.

Recorded his 100th league win as manager in his 181st game. It was the 3rd quickest ever by a Liverpool manager and 50 games faster than Alex Ferguson.

Equalled club record set in 1904-05 by winning 13 away league games.

Amassed their highest points total ever in the Premier League (86) beating the 82 set in 2005-06. Their highest in the league since 1987-88.

Scored at least 3 goals in 6 successive games in all competitions for the 1st time in the club’s history.

Finished the campaign with a goal difference of + 50 – their best for 21 years when they amassed + 63 in 1987-88.

Lost just twice in the league – equalling the fewest they had lost in a league campaign for 105 years.

Pepe Reina kept his 100th clean sheet in the fastest time in Liverpool history (197 games).

Won 75% of all available league points – 2nd highest in the club’s history.

The highest number of points by any team which failed to win the league (38 game seasons)

2009-10

Went unbeaten in 31 home league games – their 3rd longest ever run and best for 32 years.

Against Manchester United recorded his 114th league win in his 200th game. The 2nd best tally by any Liverpool manager in first 200 league games (Kenny Dalglish 120 wins).

Liverpool won a 3rd successive league game at Everton for only 3rd time in club’s history.

Pepe Reina set a new club record of most clean sheets (79) in first 150 league games.

Liverpool scored 22 goals in opening 7 league games – best tally for 114 years in the history of the Club and 2nd best ever in the Premiership.

Broke club record by scoring in an 18th successive Premier League game at Anfield.

Fernando Torres broke the club record by scoring his 50th league goal for Liverpool in just his 72nd match.

Read this on another football forum earlier, It seems like people are finally coming round.

"Two lines of four, get everyone behind the ball tactics are great if your remit is to avoid relegation in the premiership, like Fulham or west brom. As soon as hodgson has been in charge of a team that is expected to control and win games he has failed. Liverpool fans were slated for not giving Roy enough time, but they were right"

and also,

"The stats from the England games tell it all - one shot on target v France, one shot on target in 2 hours v Italy. The possession stats and goals scored on a par with Greece. Hodgson has turned us into a less successful version of Greece - without the counterattacking nous.

It was crass of him to come out with the "we were unbeaten" stuff. Fortunate to win against Sweden and Ukraine, fortunate not to lose to France and Italy."