You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City home match thread

fowler9

well this could be grim coming off the back of a defeat to Roy bloody Hodgson with fuck all full backs and no Stevie against a team in third, but then again that team is the richest in the world yet still includes Gareth Barry and Joleon Lescott whilst the game is at Anfield with the king in charge so there could be hope

I would go

--------------Pepe-----------

Carra----Skrtel----Soto---Robinson

Cole------Lucas---Meireles---Kuyt

-----------Suarez--Carroll--------

subs

Gulacsi

Wilson

Flanagan

Spearing

Maxi

Jovanovic

Ngog

3-2 to City Carroll and Suarez to score

think he will play Carra and Wilson at full back though don't mind Wilson but don't want two centre backs at full back and wouldn't give Robinson and Flanagan their (full in the case of Robinson) debuts in the same game, would stick Kuyt on the left to offer Robinson some projection wth Cole on the right for some creativity on that side

suspect the actual team will probably be

------------Pepe----------

Carra--Skrtel--Soto---Wilson

Kuyt----Lucas--Spearing--Meireles

---------Suarez---Carroll

I'd love to see Soto dropped and Flanagan given a go on the right. I'll be watching from a pub in Surrey... I've been there before and I think you all know what's hung on the walls... dozens of pictures of Manchester fucking United.

I think Wilson will play left back. I don't think Kenny will want to throw Robinson in against whichever world class player City play on the right. I think we will go 4-4-2:

Reina

Carra

Soto

Skrtel

Wilson

Kuyt

Lucas

Mereiles

Maxi

Suarez

Carroll

I think it's enough on paper to get a draw or sneak a win, but I can't say I'm hugely confident. Their form has been decent recently, and our midfield looks pretty weak on paper.

The other alternative would be a kind of 4-5-1 with Suarez coming in off the left and Spearing and Lucas behind Raul in midfield. Bit defensive for a home game, but under the circumstances I could see the logic.

Why the fuck start a thread if your gonna predict a defeat, you may as well go support someone else. I can't stand that type of defeatest mentality, imagine our players going out onto the pitch thinking like that, not even worth turning up if you don't even think you can win!

I know tonight will be a hard game, especially given the players we have out, but I'm still confident we can get a good result. I'm surprised so few have such little faith in us.

It kind of reminds me of the Spurs game at Anfield last season, where they came into the game in good form and we had to play Degan and still won 2-0.

If Aurellio is back I'd go with:

Reina

Carra

Soto

Skrtel

Aurellio

Kuyt

Raul

Lucas

Maxi

Suarez

Carroll

Gives us a few options, we could go 4-4-2 but it could easily be changed to 4-2-3-1. At a push it could even go in 5-3-2.

If Wilson starts at left back, I really think we're asking for trouble as he's been poor everytime he's played there.

Might be un-popular saying this, but I don't think Spearing should play either. I just don't think he's good enough. I know he played well at Sunderland the other week but every other time he's played in the first team, games have passed him by.

Guest davelfc
why would you ever do somthing like that

Stupidity?

Although luckily it's not something he will have to put up with for the rest of his life. Oh wait..

well this could be grim coming off the back of a defeat to Roy bloody Hodgson with fuck all full backs and no Stevie against a team in third, but then again that team is the richest in the world yet still includes Gareth Barry and Joleon Lescott whilst the game is at Anfield with the king in charge so there could be hope

I would go

--------------Pepe-----------

Carra----Skrtel----Soto---Robinson

Cole------Lucas---Meireles---Kuyt

-----------Suarez--Carroll--------

subs

Gulacsi

Wilson

Flanagan

Spearing

Maxi

Jovanovic

Ngog

3-2 to City Carroll and Suarez to score

think he will play Carra and Wilson at full back though don't mind Wilson but don't want two centre backs at full back and wouldn't give Robinson and Flanagan their (full in the case of Robinson) debuts in the same game, would stick Kuyt on the left to offer Robinson some projection wth Cole on the right for some creativity on that side

suspect the actual team will probably be

------------Pepe----------

Carra--Skrtel--Soto---Wilson

Kuyt----Lucas--Spearing--Meireles

---------Suarez---Carroll

Christ, I've seen some really depressing teams proposed in this thread, but I have a feeling it's going to be pretty close to some of them.

Certainly we can't expect to beat City if we have too many of the following in the team: Wilson, Spearing, Lucas, Maxi, Zorba. If we have four or five of that lot all playing, we are fucked.

Ming on the wing is also not a great idea.

Oh, I'm not looking forward to this AT ALL.

I agree with them three taking blame but the players should added to that list.

Agreed. Who can really hold their head up and say they've had a great season?

Suarez has only been here for 3 months and he'd be right up there.

Ming has been good since Kenny took over, but is in an alarming mini-slump.

Kelly would be up there, but his season's over.

Even Reina's had a mediocre season by his standards.

Nobody deserves much credit. Our best players have been injured or below-par or both, our mediocre players have been mediocre, as usual, and the rest can just fuck off, frankly.

These team selections are hilarious.

We're going to get battered if players like Cole, Soto and Maxi are anywhere near our team.

It's time to stop with the square peg round hole solution, and time to start putting the youth/ressies in the mix. We'll be chasing the ball for most of the game, so why not have young, tireless legs doing the running?

Reina

Robinson

Carragher

Skrtel

Coady (not a right back, but can do it)

Spearing

Meireles

Suarez

Lucas

Kuyt

Carroll

These team selections are hilarious.

We're going to get battered if players like Cole, Soto and Maxi are anywhere near our team.

It's time to stop with the square peg round hole solution, and time to start putting the youth/ressies in the mix. We'll be chasing the ball for most of the game, so why not have young, tireless legs doing the running?

Reina

Robinson

Carragher

Skrtel

Coady (not a right back, but can do it)

Spearing

Meireles

Suarez

Lucas

Kuyt

Carroll

Yeah, let's stop putting square pegs in round holes and give Conor Coady his debut playing out of position against one of the best side's in the Premiership.

And where the *fuck* are you playing Lucas? In the hole? Attacking central midfield? Wow, yeah, I can see his ponderous passing, total lack of assists and allergy to scoring goals all contributing to a superb display.