Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 2252 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Recommended Posts

They're David Brent with his Sergio Georgini jacket! 

 

As a club, that is it - Sergio Georgini. I love the fact that their hatred of us, is the reason why they are listened to - and their irrelevance is the reason they are tolerated. In 2016 they were fighting in the stands and streets with City - but the minute we challenged City, they embraced them. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No media bias to keep the Moral Guardians down, yeah right, there should be a patch for this;

 

 

 

This one is fun as well, but if you are one of our Blue Neighbours, don't watch pass 2000;

 

 

The above also shows up the absolute bollocks that we had done nothing, whilst they were brilliant, prior to 1959.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2021 at 14:53, Bjornebye said:

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £70m
I actually think they are much much worse than previously as well.

I don't know if it's the lockdown, or whether it's the fact they've had some success and got a bit giddy but they seem worse than ever currently. I remember they would be snarky when they went 10 years without a trophy but for the most part they used to celebrate Manchester City winning things as it was stopping Manchester United.

They are absolutely fewming now. It's really easy to wind them up, you just say City played well and they are on you. It seems worse than they were with even Mancheter United.

In general my rule is I never want an English side to win anything in Europe. But I am slightly torn, as it would be hilarious getting to see Manchester City win the CL and league in the same season and see the heads fall off.

Their behaviour is not normal across other fan bases.

They hate us - fair enough, we’re historic local rivals but we’ve been pretty much an irrelevance for thirty years, yet Klopp mentions us on his bus parade at their highest point, Carragher can’t stop bringing us into everything, whenever they win something buildings linked to us are vandalised. You don’t see Barcelona fans with Espanyol at the front of their minds whenever they win anything.

They hate United - I don’t really get this one as the whole city rivalry should extend to us if it existed but it doesn’t. They’ve never particularly competed at the same point in time either with only one title race that comes to mind in PL history and a handful of cup ties. Not many other team fan bases have this level of hatred for a team not from their city that they don’t really compete with. Arsenal and United don’t hate each other this much and look at the battles they had.

They despise Chelsea - based on a few games between them in the CL which they actually won, and the fact that Mourinho has tainted them a few times means they now pretty much blame them for absolutely anything that goes wrong in football.

They hate City and Guardiola - ok they’ve denied them a few titles, but again they actually beat them in the CL. For some reason though nothing bends them out of shape as much as the sight of City winning things.

They hate Harry Kane - no idea why as he’s generally useless against them and again they’ve not competed for anything apart from a final which Liverpool won, but he got picked as England captain over Henderson which means we now have kopites seething on Twitter if Kane scores for England at a World Cup.

The hate Real Madrid and Sergio Ramos. Ok they lost a game against them but there’s an unnatural level to their bitterness about this one off event.

Their revilement is also extended to any player who doesn’t play for Liverpool and is taking up the slightest bit of media attention away from them e.g this week it’s apparently an utter disgrace that pundits are praising a 20 year old English player in Foden who has taken his team to the CL final. What an utter disgrace, after we had multiple page pull outs on Mo Salah when he did the same thing.

They go around calling everyone else bitter but I honestly don’t know any other team that has this same number of invented rivalries. It’s got to the point where they’re so toxic that other fans are putting aside old local rivalries due to the annoyance of Liverpool fans. United and City would now both rather the other win over Liverpool. Chelsea would lose a game to any of the London teams if it denied Liverpool a trophy. They think it’s because there’s a conspiracy against them but they’ve caused this bizarre situation.

Most fans I know want their team to win and their local rivals to lose. After that they couldn’t really care less about other teams. Liverpool fans for some reason have gone above and beyond in the bitterness scales and invented poisonous rivalries that just don’t exist.
 

He doesn't understand our rivalry with Manchester United? Fuck me. And "the whole city rivalry should extend to us if it existed but it doesn’t". I couldn't read one word after that. Is he saying Everton don't have a traditional rivalry with Manchester United? Their scrapping with them was the equal if not worse than ours. And he must have forgotten "the battle of the valley" from before they started sucking manc cock down the brick. 

 

https://www-liverpoolecho-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/the-battle-of-everton-valley-3535609.amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16203171297970&amp_ct=1620317184504&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fliverpool-news%2Fthe-battle-of-everton-valley-3535609

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He doesn't understand our rivalry with Manchester United? Fuck me. And "the whole city rivalry should extend to us if it existed but it doesn’t". I couldn't read one word after that. Is he saying Everton don't have a traditional rivalry with Manchester United? Their scrapping with them was the equal if not worse than ours. And he must have forgotten "the battle of the valley" from before they started sucking manc cock down the brick. 

 

https://www-liverpoolecho-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/the-battle-of-everton-valley-3535609.amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16203171297970&amp_ct=1620317184504&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fliverpool-news%2Fthe-battle-of-everton-valley-3535609

Yeah that was heavy that night. They were kicking off about bottles being thrown at a few bus windows yet they took a firm to Millwall and rampaged through an estate 2 seasons ago. Mention that to them, they change the subject quicker than a tory. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who in their right mind doesn’t hate that Tory swearing on his kids life cunt Harry Kane. Also top marks for comparing themselves to Espanyol without the self awareness to recognise what that actually makes them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Guess what. They're talking about something that happened in 1985. The Marty McFly cunts.

 

Seen this today and some of the replies are gold. I laughed at Clive Thomas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Guess what. They're talking about something that happened in 1985. The Marty McFly cunts.

 

Paying the rent might have just been the best bet

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Guess what. They're talking about something that happened in 1985. The Marty McFly cunts.

 

I’d put laxative in Hans Seger’s morning coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Guess what. They're talking about something that happened in 1985. The Marty McFly cunts.

 

The year started so well as well;

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_in_the_United_Kingdom

 

 

Later that year;

  • 13 March – Rioting breaks out at the FA Cup quarter-final between Luton Town and Millwall at Kenilworth Road, Luton; hundreds of hooligans tear seats from the stands and throw them onto the pitch before a pitch invasion takes place, resulting in 81 people (31 of them police officers) being injured. The carnage continues in the streets near the stadium, resulting in major damage to vehicles and property. Luton Town win the game 1–0.

 

So they obviously arranged a fight and riot with Millwall to commemorate 1985 

 

 

11 May

 

 

 

 

 

Everton legend who spent most of his career there Wayne Rooney, also born that year. 

Harry Catterwick died that year. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

No media bias to keep the Moral Guardians down, yeah right, there should be a patch for this;

 

 

 

This one is fun as well, but if you are one of our Blue Neighbours, don't watch pass 2000;

 

 

The above also shows up the absolute bollocks that we had done nothing, whilst they were brilliant, prior to 1959.

Brilliant that and dispels the myth that we were nothing before Shanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

He doesn't understand our rivalry with Manchester United? Fuck me. And "the whole city rivalry should extend to us if it existed but it doesn’t". I couldn't read one word after that. Is he saying Everton don't have a traditional rivalry with Manchester United? Their scrapping with them was the equal if not worse than ours. And he must have forgotten "the battle of the valley" from before they started sucking manc cock down the brick. 

 

https://www-liverpoolecho-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/the-battle-of-everton-valley-3535609.amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16203171297970&amp_ct=1620317184504&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fliverpool-news%2Fthe-battle-of-everton-valley-3535609

Everton and Man City games used to see regular agg until Evertonians started lubing up and bending over for them when they won the lottery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2021 at 17:17, Manny said:

Something deeply meta about an Evertonian ridiculing the concept of having a rivalry with multiple teams. That's kind of the point, that in order to be the best you have to be better than more than one team.

 

Be interesting to overlay Domingo's list of redshite rivals with the Blue Allies, and find that they're basically one and the same. Because when your only ambition is to see one team fail, you've only got one rivalry and a fuckload of second teams.

I've said this before, but there are teams you just happen to be competing against and there are your real rivals, just like there are workmates (who you might get on with well enough, for as long as you're employed in the same place) and then there are real friends (who you never lose touch with).  Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Arsenal, Chelsea and City are like workmates; some of them no longer work in the same place as us, so to speak, so most of us don't give them a second thought.  Everton and United are the real thing, though: even if (fingers crossed) they got relegated, you'd still keep an eye out to see them getting beat every week.

 

The point here is that he's confused by the fact that, over many years of success, we've competed against many different teams.  During their long decades of mediocrity, they've never known that.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2021 at 14:53, Bjornebye said:

Saint Domingo


whenever they win something buildings linked to us are vandalised. 

When we won one of our many, many trophies, someone sprayed a number on Rupert's Tower.  Once.

 

Fucking beaut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

When we won one of our many, many trophies, someone sprayed a number on Rupert's Tower.  Once.

 

Fucking beaut.

I assumed he was referring to the fiirework that whizzed into the Liver Buildings. EIther way, it is tiresome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm convinced it was one of them lot who sprayed Klopp Out on Melwood a few years back. Why the fuck would one of us have done it? They could see how it was going and wanted to do something to plant some negative seeds. Thats not me being paranoid about them, it's me knowing full well at first hand exactly what they are like. 

 

They are the psychotic ex-partner who stalks you every single day and their whole purpose from the moment they wake up to the moment they sleep (and even in their nightmares) is to justify why you are too good for them. Fucking beauts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm convinced it was one of them lot who sprayed Klopp Out on Melwood a few years back. Why the fuck would one of us have done it? They could see how it was going and wanted to do something to plant some negative seeds. Thats not me being paranoid about them, it's me knowing full well at first hand exactly what they are like. 

 

They are the psychotic ex-partner who stalks you every single day and their whole purpose from the moment they wake up to the moment they sleep (and even in their nightmares) is to justify why you are too good for them. Fucking beauts. 

Absolute guarantee, as sure as when anything they do that's morally suspect is automatically painted as "probably a Red on a wind up" like the Hillsborough graffiti sprayed at Anfield a few years back. Even though it had the letters "EFC" next to it, a mate of mine stated it was done by one of us just to allow us to do something back, tit for tat.  

 

Just accept that some of your fans, like some of ours, are idiots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Absolute guarantee, as sure as when anything they do that's morally suspect is automatically painted as "probably a Red on a wind up" like the Hillsborough graffiti sprayed at Anfield a few years back. Even though it had the letters "EFC" next to it, a mate of mine stated it was done by one of us just to allow us to do something back, tit for tat.  

 

Just accept that some of your fans, like some of ours, are idiots. 

We've got some whoppers but "Klopp Out" ....... "Hodgson out" yeah absolutely but Klopp ?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, an tha said:

Everton and Man City games used to see regular agg until Evertonians started lubing up and bending over for them when they won the lottery.

Yeah mate, deffo. I grew up in the 80s and I had a mixture of red and blue mates. When the mancs were in town (either variety), we all went the match as it was absolutely seen as a fight between the cities - it would go off before, after and quite often during the match. It was fucking mayhem in the enclosure at goodison, which is why they made it the family section when they seated it. 

 

In 84 when we had the league cup final replay at Maine road, there were fucking riots in moss side. We came on the train but they put buses on from the train stations to the ground. The coaches got bricked stuck in traffic, we all emptied out (red and blue) and it went off everywhere. There was never a thought at any point this wasn't scousers v mancs. 

 

It was always the way until they got so bitter about us, they developed this my enemies enemy is my friend routine and fucking whored themselves to mancs. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah mate, deffo. I grew up in the 80s and I had a mixture of red and blue mates. When the mancs were in town (either variety), we all went the match as it was absolutely seen as a fight between the cities - it would go off before, after and quite often during the match. It was fucking mayhem in the enclosure at goodison, which is why they made it the family section when they seated it. 

 

In 84 when we had the league cup final replay at Maine road, there were fucking riots in moss side. We came on the train but they put buses on from the train stations to the ground. The coaches got bricked stuck in traffic, we all emptied out (red and blue) and it went off everywhere. There was never a thought at any point this wasn't scousers v mancs. 

 

It was always the way until they got so bitter about us, they developed this my enemies enemy is my friend routine and fucking whored themselves to mancs. 

Happy days, remember it well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They also don't realise the level of hatred towards us from other fans. Loads grew up with us winning everything in the seventies and eighties and hated it. There are entire generations who hate Liverpool because of their success.

 

The Mancs hated it then when they started to win things they had a go at us because they had gone so long without being successful.  Most of the London clubs were shit in the 70s and 80s just winning the odd cup, only Arsenal and Chelsea have had any sustained success since.

 

There's loads of fans who hate us because of Heysel even if the ban had no effect on their teams and it's a stick to beat us with. Even though a lot of the fans of these teams were rampaging through town centres every other weekend. The Scousers got us banned though

 

Loads of fans of other teams hate scousers and view the campaign for justice as a load of morbid grief obsessed individuals refusing to let a grudge go. They still refuse to accept the verdict from a few years ago and also use the subject to get a reaction. 

 

Liverpool get far more media attention than Everton due to the size of the support and that articles about Liverpool get website hits. Even negative articles get a ridiculous amount of traffic, usually because fans of other teams view them and comment on them. So they actually contribute to the never ending media attention the club gets. 

 

Then you have Everton, they had a brief bit of success in the 1980s and only one cup win since. Prior to that they won one title in the seventies and a couple of trophies in the sixties. They haven't competed with any teams for titles in that time to build up any rivalry or resentment from other fans.

 

An Evertonian probably believes that they are a massive club who demand respect but no other opposition fans really view them as a threat or has any reason to dislike them because they rarely, if ever cross swords with them. They will also side with anyone against us.  This is shown by the Mancs being invited into their pubs and allowed to put up banners. 

 

They also take Man City flags into their end to celebrate Liverpool not winning the league. Whereas Man City fans beat up their fans who had kids with them when they played then in a league cup semi final. They will sing songs about Tottenham winning the cup and clap Alex Ferguson when they see him in the Main Stand at Goodison. 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They also don't realise the level of hatred towards us from other fans. Loads grew up with us winning everything in the seventies and eighties and hated it. There are entire generations who hate Liverpool because of their success.

 

The Mancs hated it then when they started to win things they had a go at us because they had gone so long without being successful.  Most of the London clubs were shit in the 70s and 80s just winning the odd cup, only Arsenal and Chelsea have had any sustained success since.

 

There's loads of fans who hate us because of Heysel even if the ban had no effect on their teams and it's a stick to beat us with. Even though a lot of the fans of these teams were rampaging through town centres every other weekend. The Scousers got us banned though

 

Loads of fans of other teams hate scousers and view the campaign for justice as a load of morbid grief obsessed individuals refusing to let a grudge go. They still refuse to accept the verdict from a few years ago and also use the subject to get a reaction. 

 

Liverpool get far more media attention than Everton due to the size of the support and that articles about Liverpool get website hits. Even negative articles get a ridiculous amount of traffic, usually because fans of other teams view them and comment on them. So they actually contribute to the never ending media attention the club gets. 

 

Then you have Everton, they had a brief bit of success in the 1980s and only one cup win since. Prior to that they won one title in the seventies and a couple of trophies in the sixties. They haven't competed with any teams for titles in that time to build up any rivalry or resentment from other fans.

 

An Evertonian probably believes that they are a massive club who demand respect but no other opposition fans really view them as a threat or has any reason to dislike them because they rarely, if ever cross swords with them. They will also side with anyone against us.  This is shown by the Mancs being invited into their pubs and allowed to put up banners. 

 

They also take Man City flags into their end to celebrate Liverpool not winning the league. Whereas Man City fans beat up their fans who had kids with them when they played then in a league cup semi final. They will sing songs about Tottenham winning the cup and clap Alex Ferguson when they see him in the Main Stand at Goodison. 

 

 

 

 

Fucking great post!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

a lot of the fans of these teams were rampaging through town centres every other weekend. The Scousers got us banned though

Think it's called, selective memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×