You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's pancake day.

Guest Pistonbroke

How do you like your pancakes  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your pancakes

• Sweet
    • Savoury

My toppings of choice are Banana strawberries and fresh whipped cream, had 4 of them for breakfast as I have the day off, we're now bringing the kids to the muppet movie and then heading to the argie steakhouse we got a voucher for a Christmas present, this is gona be a 5000 calorie day I can feel it!!!

Had a 22 oz T-bone steak with chunky chips, prawns for starters with 2 glasses of red wine, and loads of chocolate and popcorn at the cinema, I feel like a polar bear fattened up for hibernation.

Lent starts tomorrow so alcohol and shit food ban starts bar this Sunday and Paddy's day(it's in the bible), stick a fork in me!

Got back from a ten mile late this evening to run find pancakes....Did I fuck.

Got back to find an answer phone from the other half asking me to pick some eggs up whilst out long distance running.

As if I go long distance running with my fucking wallet!!!. Also, these eggs would already have to be hard boiled for them to stand all that shaking around for an hour and a half.

I had some fucking pasta instead.

Fucking Women.

Butter fried mushrooms, a little brie, and a bit of maple syrup. Fuck yes.

Both. We're starting with spinach ricotta tomato and mozzarella and for sweet a choice of cream creme fresh golden syrup, lemon sugar and anything else in the fridge. Oh my.

Where's the "Both" option? I had chilli con carne-stuffed pancakes followed by maple syrup and butter ones for tea tonight. Fat lad heaven.

How the other half live eh?

Anyone tried Branston pickle and mature cheese in a pancake with some lemon juice?

It rules hard.

fucking frying pan is now in the bin, enough said

You can't go wrong with this:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Marks-and-Spencer-Non-Stick-Pancake/dp/B002F7M5OU?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1&nodeId=42966030&sr=1-1&qid=1329864889&pf_rd_r=0QPWY4BRP3ASB8VACYR0&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=215485807&pf_rd_s=center-3

On the back of a fish and chip dinner, I have to confess to polishing off a hat trick of nutella and ice cream smothered pancakes. Straight out of the pan, smothered with chocolate, lumps of ice cream thrown at them, then rolled up and devoured. They didn't know what the fuck hit them.

Cucumbers and fruit tomorrow for me. I'm disgusted with myself.

If I say so myself, last nights beef curry was absolutely lovely.

Didn't leave much space for pancakes though, and after a spice-fest like that you need something sweet so I broke with tradition and lobbed some fruit in with the pancakes. Strawberries, cherries, lemon juice and a sprinkling of maple syrup. Mmmm.

Paying for it now mind, I've got farts like the breath of Satan.

If I say so myself, last nights beef curry was absolutely lovely.

Didn't leave much space for pancakes though, and after a spice-fest like that you need something sweet so I broke with tradition and lobbed some fruit in with the pancakes. Strawberries, cherries, lemon juice and a sprinkling of maple syrup. Mmmm.

Paying for it now mind, I've got farts like the breath of Satan.

And that was the reason for raising my question yesterday...savoury pancakes dont really do it for me and if you have a 'main' before you have to be sure and leave plenty of room for 'afters.'

Deferred Pancake Day chez Champ until today....its hard to beat the traditional lemon and sugar although banana, vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce is pretty good

Had a 22 oz T-bone steak with chunky chips, prawns for starters with 2 glasses of red wine, and loads of chocolate and popcorn at the cinema, I feel like a polar bear fattened up for hibernation.

Lent starts tomorrow so alcohol and shit food ban starts bar this Sunday and Paddy's day(it's in the bible), stick a fork in me!

Trucker, is this Argie Steakhouse you speak of in Dublin?