You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Underground Liverpool music scene

The-Sir

Dave McCabe and 'some guy from the La's and Cast'. (who I didn't recognise, so wasn't one of the main guys)....

I just had a proper conversation with both of them, and its fair to say they know absolutely shite all about music. I absolutely raped them (Alan Pardew figuratively speaking) on music knowledge. It was actually quite funny.

Apparently there is no underground music scene in Liverpool. I beg to differ.

I dont think they understand the definition of 'underground'. Expecting me to reel off countless bands like the Wombats.

Give us a few days and I'll throw a few bands your way who are in every sense of the word... 'underground'.

I would rep you if I could for the Mugstar heads up.

Seen them live 8 or 9 times since I first caught them supporting Acid Mothers Temple in The Big House in 2005. Great live band and their albums get better and better. Recently released 3rd album Lime is a belter, recommended to Krautrock fans.

Dave McCabe and 'some guy from the La's and Cast'. (who I didn't recognise, so wasn't one of the main guys)....

I just had a proper conversation with both of them, and its fair to say they know absolutely shite all about music. I absolutely raped them (Alan Pardew figuratively speaking) on music knowledge. It was actually quite funny.

Apparently there is no underground music scene in Liverpool. I beg to differ.

I dont think they understand the definition of 'underground'. Expecting me to reel off countless bands like the Wombats.

Give us a few days and I'll throw a few bands your way who are in every sense of the word... 'underground'.

Dave McCabe is a class A prized fucking bell end.

The Zutons are based in Elevator on Dale St where my two mates bands practice, and every time I see them in there he snarls, barges past and acts the big I am. The rest of the band are dead sound, and Abbie, well I always seem to stumble to talk when I see her.

Anyway back to theundergorund scene. As McCabe is an arrogant fuck and seems to think that his band are the scene, will be why he reckons there isn't one.

In relation to the Indie scene, I am not that up on, other than my mates band Silent FIasco, who up until this June this year, where very Zutonsish with the sax in the odd tune, but mostly flute and keyboard added as an extra instrument, I am not sure of anything else.

The metal scene needs a shake up though, bands like Zuprowski Connection, Scare Tactics (formerly Hollow Point) and the likes are offering nothing different to what they did 4 years ago, they just seem to live on the coat tails of Metro Manila Aide, who haven't offered nothing new since their first album, but they did get signed by anti pop and are touring the country, but no other place will get them like their Liverpool fan base does.

My other mates band, Oceanis, are being touted around to promoters by people who have links to big promoters down south such as Mean Fiddler. They recently blew every other band away at the Into The Cold Festival at the Masque. These guys have the potential to pick the Liverpool metal scene up by the scruff of the neck and drag it back upwards, mean hard riffs with a growler of a singer who used be in The Institution.

You should have just twatted him in the face with a guitar.

Anothert band that is part of the scene who I am also going to pimp is Dirty Tricks.

Would post links to all three pages of the bands mentioned but in work and can't access MySpaz.

Have a nice dose of Stig!

Stig Noise MMX on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

WaltonRed - underground music usually is shite but if you look for it theres a real underground music scene in Liverpool with a loyal following. Mugstar are selling shite loads of records in America, been playing big festivals and that, Apatt have been touring Europe - seriously good bands like!

Seems like you've got a boss music taste mate! I've never been particularly into Acid Mothers Temple myself, but maybe I should give them a proper listen.

Now for some Dogshow Disco!:

DOGSHOW on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

AMT have released ALOT of albums. They churn them out. Therefore, the quality can be a bit hit and miss. I'd recommend seeing them live if you get the chance.

And my taste in music may be good (in your opinion) but you seem to know alot more about underground Liverpool bands than I do.