You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea game thread

llego

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Dirk was playing down his chances on TV last night a bit.

Has Cole deffo been ruled out?

With Johnson back, is he coming straight back in at right back or are we sticking with Carra there with Skrtel & Soto in the middle?

Or could Johnson go into midfield?

Was Jovanovic injured last night or go off as a percaution as he'll be starting on Sunday?

I can only see Ancillotti being bamboozled with all the possible line ups we could play and unable to set up a sufficient side based on all our options, therefore leading to 5-0 win to us, at least.

I thought Dirk was playing down his chances on TV last night a bit.

Has Cole deffo been ruled out?

With Johnson back, is he coming straight back in at right back or are we sticking with Carra there with Skrtel & Soto in the middle?

Or could Johnson go into midfield?

Was Jovanovic injured last night or go off as a percaution as he'll be starting on Sunday?

I can only see Ancillotti being bamboozled with all the possible line ups we could play and unable to set up a sufficient side based on all our options, therefore leading to 5-0 win to us, at least.

That's a good point.

For all he knows we might set up with 7 central midfielders or 5 centerbacks. How do you prepare for that?

Team for Sunday:

-------------Reina-----------------

Carra--Skrtl----Greek--Konchesky

-----Spearing--Poulson------------

------Lucas--Meireles-------------

------------Gerrard---------------

-----------Torres-----------------

though I hear Hodgson is asking for permission to play a 12th man so he can squeeze one more central midfielder into the team....

That would provide us effectively no width or mobility which is what he's after...

Guest davelfc

I'm not being fooled into thinking we'll get anything but beaten by them.

Yes we've beaten bolton away and blackburn at home but that doesn't mean we're suddenly good. Chelsea are a team that punish you for mistakes and if we're as poor as we have been for even a few minutes on Sunday they'll score.

I could go on about Roy and his tactics but what's the point, it's all been done before and will be done to death until he just fucks off.

But I'd love us to beat them.

We 'll win 2-0, Gerrard and Torres with the goals.

Reina

Carragher

Skrtel

Kyrgiakos

Konchesky

Johnson

Meireles

Lucas

Maxi

Gerrard

Torres

Probably our best team at the moment...

I would also bring Kuyt on for Maxi depending how things go.

It can be surprising what a bit of momentum and confidence can do for a team.

When I look at the team sheets I cant help but think we've not got much chance, but what "Mr Steve Gerrard Gerrard" did the other night has made me (ludicrously?) optimistic.

A big if but If Joe Cole is fit then Roy is going to have a problem keeping everyone happy as Johnson needs to come in at RM which means dropping Maxi or dropping Carra to play him RB

That before you consider if Kuyt is fit or not

Be interesting to see how Bold his team selection is for this one

A big if but If Joe Cole is fit then Roy is going to have a problem keeping everyone happy as Johnson needs to come in at RM which means dropping Maxi or dropping Carra to play him RB

That before you consider if Kuyt is fit or not

Be interesting to see how Bold his team selection is for this one

What in any of our past games has even remotely suggested that Roy would play Johnson at RM?

What? No 'mypost free'?

Only for 23 posts.

A result will keep Roy above water, a win will move us into the top half. But what does the diary say:

AGENDA:

League Game 11/38: v Chelsea (h)

KO: 16:00 GMT/Local 7 October

Host Broadcaster: BSKYB

Web: Streams

USA and Canada end DST this week, so their ko times revert to normal. All other timezones are unchanged.

Now to the big question: Will MB turn up this time?