You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pep Reina is unhappy and demands showdown talks with NESV

EgyptianRed

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we would be very naive to suggest that any of our top players wouldn't be at least considering their futures in the current state we are in.

The current state we're in is a whole lot better than the state we were in at the end of last season.

We've had an atrocious start to the season, an unforgivable start, however we are still just 6 points behind 5th place (somehow!).

On the back of a extremely good performance (for 70 minutes at least) hopefully we can kick on. One good performance doesn't make a good season but lets see where we are in January and whether we still have the same manager in place. If we're still in bottom three and 10-15 points away from European places then Pepe, Fernando, Gerrard feel free to get out, I wouldn't blame them.

Financially we are now stable and are looking at making new signings with hopefully getting rid of some of the dead wood.

I think we would be very naive to suggest that any of our top players wouldn't be at least considering their futures in the current state we are in.

I have a feeling Pepe would give us another year after this.

But anybody that thinks Torres isn't thinking about going is mad in my opinion. I think Nando will be out the door unless we get back into the Champions League and that isn't looking very likely.

If we got 40 or 50 million for him we could use that money to improve the overall team but I have a funny feeling nobody will pay it.

Think all this paper talk might have a hidden agenda too, either its coming from the Manc PR machine to keep all their fans believing they've got money to spend or its being done to ramp up pressure on Roy. Either way thats 2 or 3 stories in the last few days following the same basic outline.

I think it's inevitable nando will leave sooner than later. At one point last season he mentioned that if he was to stay in the prem his playing days would end sooner than if he played elsewhere which is most definately his homeland.

Pepe on the other hand would stay with us for the long haul but i fear he could come to miss his compatriots. If we are going to get back on track we will need these 2 greats and we must move heaven and earth to ensure we can bring in some young class either through the youth or transfers in. Onwards and upwards with new owners, a change of manager and our 100% backing. HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY FAIL.

Guest San Don

I normally ignore rumours such as these that appear in the likes of the daily manc but, these rumours about Reina seem to have legs and that does worry me.

There's no way I think we would now encourage a sale since the owners changed but Pepe's opinion may have changed with the sacking of Benitez, appointment of hodgson and the abysmal start we made to the season.

It worries me most of our top players could ask to move on if we are still struggling come Christmas which isnt too far off now.

Better late than never maybe the penny is beginning to drop what it takes to be an LFC manager

Be interesting if the comments of such support help ease Pepe's fears.

I think it's far more likely that someone had a word with him. Wasn't it said that the owners liked to spend time on the Red Sox message boards getting a feel for what supporters thought? It wouldn't be difficult to find out how we feel about Reina.

I think it's inevitable nando will leave sooner than later. At one point last season he mentioned that if he was to stay in the prem his playing days would end sooner than if he played elsewhere which is most definately his homeland.

Pepe on the other hand would stay with us for the long haul but i fear he could come to miss his compatriots. If we are going to get back on track we will need these 2 greats and we must move heaven and earth to ensure we can bring in some young class either through the youth or transfers in. Onwards and upwards with new owners, a change of manager and our 100% backing. HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY FAIL.

I agree re. Torres - he left the club he'd played for all his life to win things - kind of like Michael Owen minus the giant cuntishness, dishonesty and backstabbing (OK so nothing like him, but still), and plus the fee Atletico deserved. The state we're in (and with no quick fix) it's understandable he'd want to chase things elsewhere, I don't doubt we're his second team in his heart, but we'll never be Atletico. Just hope it's not to the Mancs, Chelsea or City, if he fucks off to the continent he'll leave with my genuine (for once) best wishes.

As for Reina, he was the one world-class player we had that wasn't linked with a move away during the summer, which is why the recent stories have worried me so much, media bullshit or no.

I have to give credit where it's due to Roy for warning the Mancs off, but really it's the minimum we should expect.

I agree re. Torres - he left the club he'd played for all his life to win things - kind of like Michael Owen minus the giant cuntishness, dishonesty and backstabbing (OK so nothing like him, but still), and plus the fee Atletico deserved. The state we're in (and with no quick fix) it's understandable he'd want to chase things elsewhere, I don't doubt we're his second team in his heart, but we'll never be Atletico. Just hope it's not to the Mancs, Chelsea or City, if he fucks off to the continent he'll leave with my genuine (for once) best wishes.

As for Reina, he was the one world-class player we had that wasn't linked with a move away during the summer, which is why the recent stories have worried me so much, media bullshit or no.

I have to give credit where it's due to Roy for warning the Mancs off, but really it's the minimum we should expect.

Should be negged for this.

I'm positive that Torres will want to go to the Continent simply because the refs give players more protection. Torres gets kicked all over the park, constantly.

The Torres of old fought past that, he took the piss sometimes out of defenders. Now he's just a shadow of his former self. Instead of running down the channels, he takes the ball back passes it then makes another run and never gets the ball.

He never takes anyone on anymore.