You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This damages claim bollocks

MOGLET

My thinking is this.

The club has been sold, via the high court.

So, therefore, the sale is legal.

Can anyone of a legal mind or background, please explain to me, in my thick none legal way of life, how they can sue for damages, when the sale of the club was given to go ahead by the highest court in the land?

I for one think G&H are like a scarecrow having a wank, ie just clutching at straws, but, do they have any legal right or angle to do this?

Surely if the sale has gone through, and its all fully legal via the courts, then a damages claim is a contradiction of that legal process?

Or should I just continue to get rat faced and enjoy the moment and wait and see?

Yeah they will get fuck all. The british high court gave it the OK so no court in this land will say otherwise. As for any court in america they have fuck all to do with this so they are fucked.

On the plus note now that everyone has seen how these two cunts operate their reputation is shot to shit and no one is going to want to do business with either of the cunts ever again.

Justice Floyd laughed off their ridiculous damages claims in the high court the other day, and even their own lawyer seemed resigned to the fact they had no grounds. I assume the case will be heard in London seeing as it's the only place with jurisdiction (assuming the Kangaroo Court 160th district hick court of Texas doesn't step in again) - and there's no way they'll win a cent in the UK.

Having read through their submitted claim, I've never read a bigger load of crap in my life. They'll get laughed out of court again, and the RBS will drag them back in there and take them for all they're worth.

"Grand conspiracy by the British establishment" - it's ludicrous and laughable. The NESV deal wouldn't have gone ahead if they weren't confident in their legal position.

I don't think they have a right of action against the club or NESV.

They may try and sue the directors personally and will no doubt seek to implicate RBS. I think they will have a lot of trouble trying to prove and substantiate their losses.

Justice Floyd laughed off their ridiculous damages claims in the high court the other day, and even their own lawyer seemed resigned to the fact they had no grounds. I assume the case will be heard in London seeing as it's the only place with jurisdiction (assuming the Kangaroo Court 160th district hick court of Texas doesn't step in again) - and there's no way they'll win a cent in the UK.

Having read through their submitted claim, I've never read a bigger load of crap in my life. They'll get laughed out of court again, and the RBS will drag them back in there and take them for all they're worth.

"Grand conspiracy by the British establishment" - it's ludicrous and laughable. The NESV deal wouldn't have gone ahead if they weren't confident in their legal position.

I think that statement is going to cost them a whole lot more money than the loss they have made on LFC. Don't be surprised if RBS set out to ruin the cunts with a little help from their friends at westminister.

they dont have a leg to stand on with this, we should counter sue for slander against our three guys on the board (broughton purslow and ayre) about there conspiracy claim and saying that they epically swindled them and for putting a unwarrented restraining order on them!! also sue them for costs of delaying the deal. cost them a with more pounds, 1 billion? what a joke!!

"Grand conspiracy by the British establishment" - it's ludicrous and laughable. The NESV deal wouldn't have gone ahead if they weren't confident in their legal position. (Quoted from above..)

I think that statement is going to cost them a whole lot more money than the loss they have made on LFC. Don't be surprised if RBS set out to ruin the cunts with a little help from their friends at westminister.

I hope so... I was thinking that we could all sue for emotional distress or something for 2 billion as a way of ensuring they lose even more than what they are trying to claim... Any takers?

"Grand conspiracy by the British establishment" - it's ludicrous and laughable. The NESV deal wouldn't have gone ahead if they weren't confident in their legal position. (Quoted from above..)

I hope so... I was thinking that we could all sue for emotional distress or something for 2 billion as a way of ensuring they lose even more than what they are trying to claim... Any takers?

More ludicrous than their claim.

They're setting themselves up for a huge (and humerous) fall.

You had me shitting my kecks last night, You seemed to get everything spot on during the whole episode and when you started to doubt whether the deal was going to go through or not i genuinely started to fear the worst.

Yer bastard! Well done though, everyone behind Kop Faithful should be proud. It was half the battle.

Can't understand why people are getting worked up about this, it's just a death rattle. What can you possibly have to fear about a legal action brought by two buffoons who don't even know what they have or haven't signed or agreed to over the last three years.

Being told you're being sued by Gillett and Hicks is like the elephant man saying he's going to steal your bird.

DALLAS (AP) — An attorney for Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr. says the Americans are dropping a lawsuit seeking $1.6 billion in damages stemming from the contentious sale of the Liverpool soccer club.

Attorney Tom Melsheimer said Friday that Hicks and Gillett were dropping the claim to comply with an English court order. He says "a different picture will be painted" when the English court "has a chance to hear all the facts," suggesting the fight isn't over.

The statement came about two hours after the $476 million sale of the storied English club to the owners of the Boston Red Sox was finalized in London. That came after Hicks and Gillett dropped a temporary restraining order blocking the sale obtained in a Texas court.

Guest The Chimp
Can't understand why people are getting worked up about this, it's just a death rattle. What can you possibly have to fear about a legal action brought by two buffoons who don't even know what they have or haven't signed or agreed to over the last three years.

Being told you're being sued by Gillett and Hicks is like the elephant man saying he's going to steal your bird.

Made me laugh out loud that Mark. Genius.

Well, when your confidence and belief is getting smashed against the rocks in a sea of uncertainty, it's easy to see how you might feel threatened by an overly confident pachyderm. Anyway, he didn't even look like an elephant. Fresh ginger more like.

DALLAS (AP) — An attorney for Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr. says the Americans are dropping a lawsuit seeking $1.6 billion in damages stemming from the contentious sale of the Liverpool soccer club.

Attorney Tom Melsheimer said Friday that Hicks and Gillett were dropping the claim to comply with an English court order. He says "a different picture will be painted" when the English court "has a chance to hear all the facts," suggesting the fight isn't over.

The statement came about two hours after the $476 million sale of the storied English club to the owners of the Boston Red Sox was finalized in London. That came after Hicks and Gillett dropped a temporary restraining order blocking the sale obtained in a Texas court.

They've probably dropped it because it said in the RBS contract that any legal action would have to go through English courts, something we were all talking about on here last night - but something which Hicks and Gillett - unsurprisingly, forgot about before they launched this legal claim again today.

As I said, they're thick as shit, utterly - utterly - thick as shit. I know Somalian pirates with a better grasp of the law.

Can you imagine how fucking ripped to shreds they'll be if they ever dare set foot in an English court again? They'd be tickets I'd buy, let's put it that way.

"Yeah judge, my client is filing a suit for 1.6bn dollars because even though he signed a contract saying he couldn't sack the board, he didn't really mean it."