You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

aiyic

I went to have a look at a Red Sox forum out of curiousity and, (like most I'm sure) to leave a positive message, but also to see what they think of their owners in general, and their acquisition of LFC.

I found them to be already littered with either morons insulting their sport, asking dumb questions with poor English, and blueshites and mancs trolling - bringing up Heysel etc.

Like this gem:

Originally Posted by ManchesterIsMyHeaven

Hello, I am a football fan from Europe and I would like to remember the americans on this board who are unaware of Liverpool, that Liverpool is a big cancer.

They are the scum of football in Europe. They murdered 39 italian fans in Heysel. They also robbed corposes of their own fans during the Hillsborough tragedy.

And their fans and players are mostly knowns as the "deluded ones". They believe they are the best, when they lose its everyone and everything elses fault then theirs. Hell, they even blame all the referees to be corrupt.

Also I would like to mention that the sale has not gone through yet, so you could still protest against this and Henry might change his plans. We football fans would appreciate it. Do not bail out Liverpool, they are sinking at the moment and in 18th place which means they will be relegated at the end of the season.

Justice for 39

I'll be staying away, haven't posted yet.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They believe their own lies and feed their own ignorance, they will do anything to prove their "credibility" and will never, ever allow themselves to be seen taking a moderate view on anything they have been told to hate.

They are Utd fans.

edit: even if my dad and two best friends are Utd fans...

I went to have a look at a Red Sox forum out of curiousity and, (like most I'm sure) to leave a positive message, but also to see what they think of their owners in general, and their acquisition of LFC.

I found them to be already littered with either morons insulting their sport, asking dumb questions with poor English, and blueshites and mancs trolling - bringing up Heysel etc.

Like this gem:

Hello, I am a football fan from Europe and I would like to remember the americans on this board who are unaware of Liverpool, that Liverpool is a big cancer.

They are the scum of football in Europe. They murdered 39 italian fans in Heysel. They also robbed corposes of their own fans during the Hillsborough tragedy.

And their fans and players are mostly knowns as the "deluded ones". They believe they are the best, when they lose its everyone and everything elses fault then theirs. Hell, they even blame all the referees to be corrupt.

Also I would like to mention that the sale has not gone through yet, so you could still protest against this and Henry might change his plans. We football fans would appreciate it. Do not bail out Liverpool, they are sinking at the moment and in 18th place which means they will be relegated at the end of the season.

Justice for 39

I'll be staying away, haven't posted yet.

People who live in "Glass Houses" and so on.....

If you want a good representation of what Red Sox fans are like, don't look at that forum- look here:

Sons of Sam Horn dot net

I can't link due to my low post count.

Our new owner posts there from time to time. So do the occasional Red Sox player. I forget Henry's handle (I think it may be simply JohnWHenry). Former pitcher Curt Schilling posts as Gehrig38.

This is where the statheads and "real" fans go to talk about the Sox.

Guest TesticleOReilly
This has to be one of the most backward posts i have ever read.What a sorry individual! Good luck with yr takeover and ridding yourselves of those leaches!....LUHG!

Explain.

If you want a good representation of what Red Sox fans are like, don't look at that forum- look here:

Sons of Sam Horn dot net

Our new owner posts there from time to time. So do the occasional Red Sox player. I forget Henry's handle (I think it may be simply JohnWHenry). Former pitcher Curt Schilling posts as Gehrig38.

Red Sox Forum - Sons of Sam Horn

New England Sports Ventures agree to buy Liverpool FC - Sons of Sam Horn

and welcome!

Justice for 39

?module=images&func=display&fileId=61928

Now then, Now then, Now then...

I received this letter from a young chap from the deprived area of Manchester asking for something a bit out of Jim's league. However, I felt sorry for the poor little spastic lad and have decided to treat the little fella with a very special treat...

He's going to be joining Gary's gang. Yes, I've arranged for a special one on one meeting with my good friend, Gary Glitter. He has said he cant wait to meet the little manc lad and has a big surprise in store for him.

I'm sure he'll be thrilled.

Until next time.

[YOUTUBE]neCP_xu18k8[/YOUTUBE]

Sons of Sam Horn dot net

Cheers. What's your informed opinion on NESV? Tell us everything's going to be wonderful for us, please.

He's going to be joining Gary's gang. Yes, I've arranged for a special one on one meeting with my good friend, Gary Glitter. He has said he cant wait to meet the little manc lad and has a big surprise in store for him.

I'm sure he'll be thrilled. Until next time.

Genius, nice touch

On the subject of baseball, please explain what the difference is to rounders, whilst you're at it please explain why american footballers have to dress up in body armour unlike rugby players, also possibly why basketball is so big when they just seem to go up and down the court repeatedly in the same style and they don't appear to do fancy stuff (ie heading the ball in would be good, I'll leave the harleem globetrotters out of that one because they were good circus).

...... also, why Americans seem to invent their own sports that only they play, that nearly all require serious gear to play and then call everything 'world series' so they can be world champions when they beat any Canadians that dare to come out of their snow bound chalets.

Signed

Curious

Genius, nice touch

On the subject of baseball, please explain what the difference is to rounders, whilst you're at it please explain why american footballers have to dress up in body armour unlike rugby players, also possibly why basketball is so big when they just seem to go up and down the court repeatedly in the same style and they don't appear to do fancy stuff (ie heading the ball in would be good, I'll leave the harleem globetrotters out of that one because they were good circus).

...... also, why Americans seem to invent their own sports that only they play, that nearly all require serious gear to play and then call everything 'world series' so they can be world champions when they beat any Canadians that dare to come out of their snow bound chalets.

Signed

Curious

Do we really need to have this conversation?

I mean, i'm sure he's never heard this before.....

Do we really need to have this conversation?

I mean, i'm sure he's never heard this before.....

Not particularly if you don't want, although I'd love to know how you develop a world beating baseball team as for the life of me it seems such an uncompromisingly simple game. Is it just buy the players who hit the ball the furthest (or those who pitch the most successfully against self said hitters)

p.s. wasn't slagging it just seems like faster cricket where it rains less and the ball never bounces before you hit it.

if i had a penny for the number of times i've heard someone say "hey, why is it the world series if it is only in America?" i'd have, like, shitloads of pennies.

And also, they fucking know we call it football. Right, Europe? Good.

Yes, but we've just spent all day listening to experts going on how they've turned a nothing club into world champions, sort of grates a bit even if it is old news. It is relevant because we've got to convince them that being champions of Europe is the pinnacle and that winning the world club championship is just an inconvenience that happens in the autumn.

Yes, but we've just spent all day listening to experts going on how they've turned a nothing club into world champions, sort of grates a bit even if it is old news. It is relevant because we've got to convince them that being champions of Europe is the pinnacle and that winning the world club championship is just an inconvenience that happens in the autumn.

Can you explain to him that a whopper isn't always a burger... might be a bit more meaningful coming from you.

Cheers. What's your informed opinion on NESV? Tell us everything's going to be wonderful for us, please.

In many ways, this situation reminds me of when Henry purchased the Red Sox.

At the time, I did NOT want his group to be successful. His was not the "sexy" bid. He didn't promise to spend a gijillion dollars on players. He came from the lowly Florida Marlins- a nice little team, but a team whose history in no way shape of form rivals that of the Red Sox.

In short, I was afraid Henry wouldn't recognize how special and unique the Red Sox are and were. I thought he'd treat them like any other sports team- or worse yet, an investment.

I was totally wrong.

Under Henry's leadership , the Red Sox have been more successful than they have been at any other point in the past ninety years. This year, the Red Sox did not make the playoffs. An unsuccessful year, no? The Sox still won nearly 90 games (89), despite epic injuries to many key players. And to top it all off, Henry purchased a newspaper ad in the Boston Globe to apologize for not making the playoffs!

I doubt Cancer & Aids even feel bad for destroying Liverpool. They'll never apologize, let alone take out a newspaper ad!

The Sox payroll is the 2nd highest in major league baseball. Money is spent, mostly smartly, when needed. On the other hand, the team isn't afraid to cut ties with a player (see Lugo, Julio) just because they paid a lot to acquire them or because they have a huge long term deal.

Most importantly, Henry surrounds himself with the right people. His choice in general manager, Theo Epstein has been tremendous.

In baseball, there has long been the idea that you play based on hunches and tradition. Around the turn of the century, a small group of people began looking at numbers and statistics such as OPS to assist with baseball decisions. An example- let's say you we're trying to decide whether to pinch hit for a batter late in the game. "Old baseball" says you play your hunch. "New baseball" says you look at the statistics- who has better numbers against pitcher X? During day games? In this particular field? And based on solid data rather than hunches, you make a decision.

Henry and the Red Sox have been at the forefront of this movement.

Lastly, Henry gets it. He understands the passion we feel for the team, and seems to feel it himself.

I could go on....

Sufficed to say, I feel this is a brilliant move for Liverpool.