You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Captions Captions Captions

dave u

Look everyone, he's a nasty man!

Stop being a little hissy bitch.

The joke is on roy... i.e. it's a play on words.

As much as i can't stand roy and cant wait to see him sacked. The language used there is completely unacceptable.

Why cant people talk about Roy, Rafa , Purslow etc without resorting to disgusting abuse, and debate in a civil manner.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is distasteful, but the word 'mong' gets used on here quite alot, I have no hope of making people see the connection between the language they use and the way people think. Saying Paci or nigger is accepted to be wrong but people think it's ok if people are born with a disability or incur one throughout life to label them a name which makes them seem less of a human. And the beauty is they often can't fight back.

That colinwanker caption above is the lowest I have ever seen people sink on this forum. Being offended might be passe, and pussyish and a bit wet, but where do you draw the line? It's been drawn for racism so why not disability. Some of you make my skin crawl.

Look everyone, he's a nasty man!

Stop being a little hissy bitch.

The joke is on roy... i.e. it's a play on words.

I'm not having a little hissy bitch fit. I'm just pointing out that it was a horrible 'joke'. I'm not the type of person to pull someone up for making a joke about Hodgson or slagging him off, as that would be massively ironic considering my previous form, but that caption was a disgrace.

It is distasteful, but the word 'mong' gets used on here quite alot, I have no hope of making people see the connection between the language they use and the way people think. Saying Paci or nigger is accepted to be wrong but people think it's ok if people are born with a disability or incur one throughout life to label them a name which makes them seem less of a human. And the beauty is they often can't fight back.

That colinwanker caption above is the lowest I have ever seen people sink on this forum. Being offended might be passe, and pussyish and a bit wet, but where do you draw the line? It's been drawn for racism so why not disability. Some of you make my skin crawl.

Good post.

You seriously need to get a grip son, some of the stuff on this forum especially the jade goody thread makes that joke pale into comparison, search for the jade goody thread and then come back to me.

Still having your little hissy fit i see ha ha, as i said earlier on in the thread & i'll say it one more time just in case you don't quite get it again... the joke was on hodgson and it was a play on words, did you burst on to the jade goody thread saying some of the stuff on there was distasteful, and believe me it was... really me thinks you've got a little titty lip on because i inferred as many others have, that your tongues right up bascombes arse, mention it in the relevant thread instead of trawling through my posts to try and have a look at what you can neg me with and to then try and get others to have a moan, man the fuck up young man, anyway i've given you enough oxygen in this thread enough's enough from me... ciao.

I don't think I've mentioned Bascombe on here in over a year and the only reason I would have mentioned him is because I met him at a wedding party. I wouldn't say I have my tongue up his arse, but the fact you have mentioned him twice in the last couple of days makes me believe you have some sort of obsession with him.

Toodles.

What's whether Cain has his tongue up Bascombe's arse or not got to do with his post? He found the caption offensive. So did I. So presumably did other posters who haven't said anything about it. You're claiming that it was some clever play on words. It wasn't. It was mocking disabled people to make what wasn't even a funny joke at Roy Hodgson's expense.

I could be wrong here, but I thought this was the caption thread!

Now again, I could be wrong, but are captions to photos, meant to be humorous whilst also being a bit close to the mark?

And, if you are the sort of person, who gets offended or upset by words like, Mong, fucktard, wanker, spaz, gypo, Jesus, Everton, twat, potato, etc etc, then why bother opening a thread, that at some point, is likely to contain such words???

PCness, the biggest threat to common sense since Anne Frank bought a drum kit.

CAUTION

TLW, may contain nuts.

Get over it you mongs, its a pisstake, not a dig at anyone.

Unless you are a mong called Roy of course.

I could be wrong here, but I thought this was the caption thread!

Now again, I could be wrong, but are captions to photos, meant to be humorous whilst also being a bit close to the mark?

And, if you are the sort of person, who gets offended or upset by words like, Mong, fucktard, wanker, spaz, gypo, Jesus, Everton, twat, potato, etc etc, then why bother opening a thread, that at some point, is likely to contain such words???

PCness, the biggest threat to common sense since Anne Frank bought a drum kit.

CAUTION

TLW, may contain nuts.

Get over it you mongs, its a pisstake, not a dig at anyone.

Unless you are a mong called Roy of course.

Oh I'm sorry, because it's a caption thread, it's ok to mock disabled people as part of a shit joke? Because it's not saying it to their face, it's ok?

Oh I'm sorry, because it's a caption thread, it's ok to mock disabled people as part of a shit joke? Because it's not saying it to their face, it's ok?

Yes

Thats what comedy/humour/joking/and generally taking the piss is, if it were meant to be a serious attack on a person because of what they are or look like, it wouldnt be funny, but this sort of thing is.

The caption in question isnt actually mocking the two kids, its ripping into Roy, but dont let that stop you trying to make something of nothing.

What next? I cant call a 5' redhead a stumpy ginog?

Get over it for fucks sake.

Yes

Thats what comedy/humour/joking/and generally taking the piss is, if it were meant to be a serious attack on a person because of what they are or look like, it wouldnt be funny, but this sort of thing is.

The caption in question isnt actually mocking the two kids, its ripping into Roy, but dont let that stop you trying to make something of nothing.

What next? I cant call a 5' redhead a stumpy ginog?

Get over it for fucks sake.

Ok, so if it's not mocking the two disabled kids, then where is the actual joke? Are you saying that mocking Roy is nothing to do with the disabled kids? If so that would mean writing "Roy is a mong" or "Roy is a spastic" underneath it would be just as hilarious?

If so, that would be the sort of shit humour that Frankie Boyle would attempt, and he's not funny either.

Guest TesticleOReilly

the comedian Jim Jefferies recently started opening his shows as being 'Spaz Approved'. The reason being, he was hired to do a show for the spastics society. When he pointed out that he regularly takes the piss out of mongs and spazzes, they said "We know. You're the only one that makes fun of us to our faces, and we love it."

Turns out things like that make them feel like a normal member of society, instead of people pussy-footing around them on eggshells. A bit like norwichlfc, who has a disabled sister and finds nothing wrong with the post.

If you're offended by the post because you don't like it, fine. If you've appointed yourself as a shining beacon of morality on behalf of everyone else, and feel it's your job to tell someone they should be offended by something when they're not, you're a mong.

Ok, so if it's not mocking the two disabled kids, then where is the actual joke? Are you saying that mocking Roy is nothing to do with the disabled kids? If so that would mean writing "Roy is a mong" or "Roy is a spastic" underneath it would be just as hilarious?

If so, that would be the sort of shit humour that Frankie Boyle would attempt, and he's not funny either.

Ok, you obviously belong to the morals police, ie the sort of person who dare not laugh at anything that may offend.

The joke, and I will try my best to explain it.

Roy is in the photo

The two kids in the photo are clearly disabled

The joke is

Roy is the slobbering mong, not as you would expect, the two kids.

Its a play on assumptions, and therefore, not a dig at disabled people, but a dig at the twat we have as a manager.

Now, if you need any further assistance, perhaps how to use the muscles in your face to smile instead of frown, or how to see the light hearted side of life as opposed to the doom and gloom that is PC, feel free to ask.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider funny? (Google Sarcasm)

I actually like Frankie Boyle, although his TV show is shite.

PS, Are you a care worker? Social worker? Bible basher? Ginger?

Just curious.

I'm none of those, nor am I the moral police. I think if you look back, you're the one who is trying to tell me where my moral compass should point. "Oh look, some disabled kids and everyone assumes that they're the ones who would be referred to as 'slobbering mongs'. See, it's hilarious and everyone is laughing at how clever and hilarious it is, but you aren't because you're over-sensitive and have no sense of humour." (I didn't need to Google sarcasm)

I've not lectured anyone on the rights or wrongs of mocking disabled people. Carradonna said that he thought the joke crossed a line. I agreed with him. The person who made the post did not. I'm not trying to tell people where their moral compass should be, I'm just saying that I don't find it funny and I think it's a piss poor joke and made in bad taste. I'm perfectly prepared to laugh at bad taste jokes. In fact I've made plenty on here myself. I just ideally like it to be a joke of some description before I find it funny.

Moglet, you have no sense of humour, just a hateful and narrow intellectualy challenged view of the world. It will probably change as you develop. Humour to take the piss can be brilliant, if the target is the right target. See Chris Morris or Bill Hicks. Using it to take the piss out of someone already targeted by society or someone regarded as bottom of the meritocracy thickos like you buy in to is the tactic of picking on the weak for a laugh, i.e the school bully who picks on the smallest kid in class, possibly because he's abused at home...

Picking on the powerful and the corrupt, politicians, hypocritical fucking celebrities or bankers, thats what we should be doing. But no, lets all stew in our own shit and pick on the powerless. 'Slobbering mongs?' get to fuck you cunt. Sayng it means you think it, which means you can act in a way towards a disabled person that makes them nothing but a slobbering mong. Even steven hawking. understand? I tried to keep the syllable count down.

Testicleoreilly, you will be second against the wall when i am king.

Merry Christmas.

Edited by Istvan Kozma