You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which was the best PES in the PES series  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the best PES in the PES series

• PES 1
    • PES 2
    • PES 3
    • PES 4
    • PES 5
    • PES 6
    • PES 2008
    • PES 2009
    • PES 2010
    • None, they were all shite.

Just re-installed PES 6 on my PC again last week.

What an engine it had, to me it is the best of the PES series by miles.

So it draws me to the question, why did Konami fuck about with it the way they did?

Patched it up with the classic patch (History Of Football Patch) playing in the old Crown Paints and Hitachi kits, using Adidas Tango balls, Dalglish to Rush, boys in the park, 77 a side, next goal wins oerrrrr.

What do you think was the best of the PES series?

PES 2 and PES 4 are the ones I remember standing out. Mpenza and Olisadebe were great Master League purchases while you worked your way up the leagues. Gradually downhill since 6 but I still can't get on board with FIFA, no matter how brilliant everyone tells me it is.

I personally voted for PES5. I hated that game for a good 6 weeks after I bought it, too many dull 0-0 draws where I couldn't break teams down. Then it clicked. It was one of the most addictive and absorbing games where every pass counted. It was the one that felt the most like real football.

PES6 was still superb though don't get me wrong.

PES 6 is the best footy game I've played. The XBOX 360 version was the start of the crap we have today, but the 2nd Gen one was brilliant.

This!

We had the patched WinningEleven version or whatever it was called. With all the kits, balls, etc. Was quality.