You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Steve Holt

Is anyone else having trouble playing this online? Everytime the game starts up and It logs be out for some reason but when I try to do the update it wont let me. It works for other games.

I had to update my system, but after that it worked like a charm..

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Just had this and Revelations arrive today.

Should be through them both in time for 3 coming out. Wasn't totally convinced by the first game, but got AC2 not so long ago and thought it was brilliant. Just downloading all the DLC and updates now but have to go to work so won't get a proper go at it till I get in tonight.

Just had this and Revelations arrive today.

Should be through them both in time for 3 coming out. Wasn't totally convinced by the first game, but got AC2 not so long ago and thought it was brilliant. Just downloading all the DLC and updates now but have to go to work so won't get a proper go at it till I get in tonight.

I am doing the same, just going to finish off the DLC for Borderlands before I start AC Brotherhood

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to stop the camera view changing when you're chasing someone? I'm trying to do the templar lair in the quarry and onto chasing the German templar. Keep launching myself into mid air and losing synch because it changes the view and all of a sudden up isn't forward anymore.

It's the games biggest flaw in my opinion and was the same in AC2.

Edit: Can't do that mission, tried about 15 times. Get to a ledge and I just can't make the jump. Press up to go forwards as you would normally and he leaps to his death. Controller nearly been launched through the telly. It's just so unintuitive they way it does that. It's not as if it follows the flow of the chase so it feels natural. No issue with bits of the game being a big challenge but this isn't because the games hard it's because it's doing stupid things with the view and controls.

I'm trying to remember

I think if you just press the way you want to jump then let go of the direction button until you finish your jump it might help.

I had similar issues and it can be bloody frustrating but once you get the hang of it,it's pretty straightforward.The games meld into one memory for me as I played 2 and brotherhood over 1 weekend. Youll need to get used to it for later on in the game,really frustrating at times but well worth sticking with.

I'm trying to remember

I think if you just press the way you want to jump then let go of the direction button until you finish your jump it might help.

I had similar issues and it can be bloody frustrating but once you get the hang of it,it's pretty straightforward.The games meld into one memory for me as I played 2 and brotherhood over 1 weekend. Youll need to get used to it for later on in the game,really frustrating at times but well worth sticking with.

I've finished the storyline so was just cleaning up some of the bits I hadn't done on my way through.

Left it for now as I am serious danger of damaging something!

It's one of those things that you really wonder how it gets through testing as you would have thought someone would mention it.

If at first you don't succeed, throw the fucking thing through the nearest window! (Then get even more pissed off because the shitty thing broke after you've thrown it!)

Swearing like a bastard also helps....

You had a look over on YouTube at any walkthrough videos for this particular mission?

It's just a basic lair one Lee, you start off setting off the water wheels and then eventually have to chase the German Templar.

There will be videos Al, it's more the controls/camera situation allied to my general ineptness.

Some videos will address the camera/control situation. I'm in work now, so can't go digging around for you.

I know that there are a few instances in all of the AC games where the camera goes just that little bit mental, so I know how you're feeling.

As Lee mentioned earlier, sometimes it just requires you to not do anything after the initial action to make the character jump.

I always let my younger brother do those tricky bits, as he is far more patient than I'll ever be...

Sounds like one of the missions to get a seal for the armour.Just try and do it as slowly as you can,you'll find the knack of the jumps and be able to jump through.

I know the feeling of wanting launch the pad through the window at times.

I'll try again later and probably go straight through it no problem. Think the armour of brutus might be revelations Lee as that's a new one on me and I've not played revelations yet. Got that to go though yet before 3 comes out.

Got worse the more annoyed I got, I shall not be defeated though and will have the shit kicked out of it eventually.

Al, my rant while doing it sitting alone in a darkened room was heading into you on COD territory. Everyone from the characters in the game, to the programmers and testers to the management of Ubisoft got a mouthful.

I'll try again later and probably go straight through it no problem. Think the armour of brutus might be revelations Lee as that's a new one on me and I've not played revelations yet. Got that to go though yet before 3 comes out.

Got worse the more annoyed I got, I shall not be defeated though and will have the shit kicked out of it eventually.

Al, my rant while doing it sitting alone in a darkened room was heading into you on COD territory. Everyone from the characters in the game, to the programmers and testers to the management of Ubisoft got a mouthful.

Excellent work!

I might jump on MW3 when I get home from work this evening. Double XP weekend, so I might try and catch the tail end of it; depends how much more of my soul is sucked out of me here at work.

I'll be on MW3 tonight with TK I would imagine. Had the night off it last night as had a date and then was trying to finish Brotherhood.

Had a mint night on it on Friday night and was doing really well, be back to normal tonight no doubt.

Lee, it's Brotherhood I've been playing at the moment. He is a Templar Knight I've done all of the Romulus missions.

I'll be on MW3 tonight with TK I would imagine. Had the night off it last night as had a date and then was trying to finish Brotherhood.

Had a mint night on it on Friday night and was doing really well, be back to normal tonight no doubt.

Lee, it's Brotherhood I've been playing at the moment. He is a Templar Knight I've done all of the Romulus missions.

Sorry to interrupt this nerdalinger fest, but date? You? Seriously? Nah, fuck off, not having that.

Fuck me the worlds gone topsy-turvy, I think I need a lie down!