You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Broughton responds to criticism of Rafa’s departure

StevieH

My concern that as a Chelsea supporter, and not just a 'I support Chelsea' but an active supporter, he shouldn't be anywhere near our club when he can sanction sales of the likes of Torres.

Well I don't believe for one second the team he supports would even remotely factor in him doing his job. That is of course my own opinion but a man of his stature and standing, who has got where he is today, I cannot possibly believe that he would be swayed by his love for Chelsea or whatever and let that undermine his professionalism. I'm not even sure how you say he can sanction the sales of big names players, he will obviously play a part in big decisons but so will the owners and I assume Purslow, that's also saying the players want to go in the first place. If they did then I'm a firm believer that players should not be kept against there will, so what negative, corrupt influence exactly would he have ???

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an idea if people have a problem with Broughton, then be vocal about your concerns on what he's doing to rid us of the Americans, drop this fucking Benitez agenda, he's gone, for what they and many others deemed good cause.

It would be a whole lot easier, if Broughton dropped the "fucking Benitez agenda" to begin with. He should simply ignore articles about it. Then again, it may suit him, as well, to continue the tit for tat with e-mails that would fit in perfectly here on this particular thread. Also stating at the beginning that he would not comment on the sale process (which is the correct way of doing things) and then commenting on stuff like this (which is an incorrect way of doing things) is disingenuous, to say the least.

Some chairman we have...

They wanted him to go, the timing was due to the pay off.

Exactly, why?

Why the need to get rid of a manager when, according to Broughton, the club would be sold within months?

And why is Dalglish not already in place if we are appointing someone on an interim basis to help get the club sold?

Exactly, why?

Why the need to get rid of a manager when, according to Broughton, the club would be sold within months?

And why is Dalglish not already in place if we are appointing someone on an interim basis to help get the club sold?

The results, the style of football, the inability to work with anybody.

The results, the style of football, the inability to work with anybody.

So in the short term, i.e. the 'months' it will take the club to get sold, that was worth the ?£6m pay off?

What about the rest of my post? Why haven't they appointed an interim manager yet?

Doesn't surprise me at all. Look at who their number 1 candidates were for the job, Roy Hodgson, 'Arry Redknapp - Both are just the media's flavour of the month. If this were 2007 we'd be pursuring Steve Mclaren, if it were 2005 we'd be pursuing Fat Sam. Shows you how much Purslow and Broughton know when better managers are available for nothing.

Well I don't believe for one second the team he supports would even remotely factor in him doing his job. That is of course my own opinion but a man of his stature and standing, who has got where he is today, I cannot possibly believe that he would be swayed by his love for Chelsea or whatever and let that undermine his professionalism. I'm not even sure how you say he can sanction the sales of big names players, he will obviously play a part in big decisons but so will the owners and I assume Purslow, that's also saying the players want to go in the first place. If they did then I'm a firm believer that players should not be kept against there will, so what negative, corrupt influence exactly would he have ???

Well perhaps I don't believe that 'a man of his stature' is a nice honest geezer. You don't get to the top without being a bastard.

Our club should not have a Chairman that is a supporter of another club, absolute wrongness.

You could say I was describing both sides, I haven't heard much for the so called ART since he left though.

There's some of it on this thread alone.

People still determined to pull others up on their like/love/devotion to Benitez. Why? It's bloody sad. Benitez is history, those people need to move the frig on now they've got what they wanted. Why are they still fighting a 'battle' that's won?

Since the Q&A, Broughton has been at some Chelsea dinner allegedly telling people Torres may have to leave for his own good (or something along those lines). These comments have not been denied so it's probably fair to assume he did say them, especially as we now know he pays so much attention to the media.

As for the change of manager, while many of us did not want him to leave, some of us wanted him to stay partly out of concern over what his departure might signal. Why, if we are getting new owners soon as was Broughton's main remit, did they feel the need for a change of manager at this stage, especially IF that manager is not going to be the interim appointment of Dalglish?

Care to comment?

You used the word ''alledgedly''. Nuff said.

I just don't see how changing the manager ties in to ''killing the club''. Would Jim have sent that if Rafa hadn't have been sacked? Only he will know the answer to that.

I think you will find plenty wanted him to leave as many as that wanted him to stay. If Kenny was to take over where does that leave the masses then? Oh I know, Kenny is being used isn't he because of his love for the club buys the Americans more time? Would think we would credit Dalglish for being a bit more savvy than that like.

So in the short term, i.e. the 'months' it will take the club to get sold, that was worth the ?£6m pay off?

What about the rest of my post? Why haven't they appointed an interim manager yet?

Maybe they don't want an interim manager. But Rafa's only been gone a week, the players are away from the club, what's the hurry?

Well perhaps I don't believe that 'a man of his stature' is a nice honest geezer. You don't get to the top without being a bastard.

Our club should not have a Chairman that is a supporter of another club, absolute wrongness.

That's ridiculous. They should appoint the best man for the job not have "Only LFC fans should apply" on the job spec.

You used the word ''alledgedly''. Nuff said.

I just don't see how changing the manager ties in to ''killing the club''. Would Jim have sent that if Rafa hadn't have been sacked? Only he will know the answer to that.

I think you will find plenty wanted him to leave as many as that wanted him to stay. If Kenny was to take over where does that leave the masses then? Oh I know, Kenny is being used isn't he because of his love for the club buys the Americans more time? Would think we would credit Dalglish for being a bit more savvy than that like.

I don't really understand what you're saying in that last paragraph.

You asked why people have turned on Broughton, not why Jim had turned on Broughton. Don't assume everything is about Benitez, you sound obsessed.

edit: you didn't specifically ask why people had turned on Broughton but it was an open question and not directed at Jim.

There's some of it on this thread alone.

People still determined to pull others up on their like/love/devotion to Benitez. Why? It's bloody sad. Benitez is history, those people need to move the frig on now they've got what they wanted. Why are they still fighting a 'battle' that's won?

So when I said both sides I was right. Because you're fighting the pro-Benitez right now.

My concern that as a Chelsea supporter, and not just a 'I support Chelsea' but an active supporter, he shouldn't be anywhere near our club when he can sanction sales of the likes of Torres.

and a liverpool supporting chairman can sanction the sales of the likes of torres,the only reason the likes torres wont be here next season is because they don't want to be.no matter who the chairman is or supports.

Well as I said it's just differing opinions, there's no way I'll ever concede that a team someone supports should factor into appointments. I want to see Broughton make a public statement about what the fuck exactly he is doing right now to rid us of the snakes, bottom line, anything else is an aside.

Why haven't they appointed an interim manager yet?

Probably because there is no hurry. Sammy is still here and there isn't exactly a lot of players at Melwood these days, they're on vacation or at the World Cup.

Of course, transfer activities are at a halt, but I doubt Purslow worries about that. It's a nice excuse later for not buying players; 'we had no manager at the time'.