You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa 99% certain to leave after pay-off agreed

ReddOrDedd

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, but the time to get angry, or be concerned about this has been and gone. This was the likely outcome when he rejoined the club. You can't suggest that this is a complete surprise to Dalglish, and that he's only just thinking about it now. Is it only right to question Dalglish if he's in a senior role? Thinking about it pragmatically, and for the good of the club, this is probably the best scenario we can have right now.

I have been saying it for the past six months, it was a nap this would happen!

But, again it is catch22, is the club better to succeed next season or fail?

If we do well, then all that happens is the yanks either hold on, or get a higher fee that is it, they will not release more money.

If the club goes tits up, Gerrard (I'll wait till I have calmed down before I post on him) and Torres leave and the yanks are forced to fuck off.

It is a fucking horrible situation. But, I am leaning towards O'Neil and a really shitty season as being the best thing for the club in the long term.

I cant see Gerrard going if Kenny is the new boss, this very likely applies to Torres too.

Yeah, I can see that.

"Fernando, we've sacked the bloke who brought you here, we're still owned by cunts, we've got fuck all money to make the "four or five" top quality signings you have said we need, and were imperative to you staying, but check this out: we're going to install a crowd-pleasing "manager" who hasn't been involved in managing a Premiership team for over a decade, last managed Liverpool 20 years ago and is currently an ambassador for the club"

It's the equivalent of United making fucking Bobby Charlton manager.

Yeah, I can see that.

"Fernando, we've sacked the bloke who brought you here, we're still owned by cunts, we've got fuck all money to make the "four or five" top quality signings you have said we need, and were imperative to you staying, but check this out: we're going to install a crowd-pleasing "manager" who hasn't been involved in managing a Premiership team for over a decade, last managed Liverpool 20 years ago and is currently an ambassador for the club"

It's the equivalent of United making fucking Bobby Charlton manager.

Too right - or Bryan Robson. When will we wake up to whats happening - this is another step to them hanging on

The yanks are loving this - they can now sell our best players, nobody to stop them and they will spin that they wanted to go.

Pay down the debt - keep the club

Just on eof the many very wild theories coming out.

The yanks are loving this - they can now sell our best players, nobody to stop them and they will spin that they wanted to go.

Pay down the debt - keep the club

That wouldn't be very smart to do from a financial point of view. The clever thing to do would be to sell Gerrard and Torres, see Rafa walk out in protest and save 3-6 m£ in pay off to Benitez.

I personally cannot stand Benitez but am always sad at how any Manager leaves.

He started amazingly well and gave us an unprecedented 5th European title and brought in the new core we all knew was needed in Alonso, Torres, Mascherano and Reina to add to Gerrard and Carragher.

Then it all got too much.

He spunked huge cash, was insecure and hurt by his Valencia experience and added to how some of our "cardinals" etc deified him, the power went to his head and in came a sycophantic backroom who empowered him to sack Heighway and go on to flood an admitedly failing Academy with too many, sub standard, bought-in foreign youth.

He took on Ferguson publicly as they were winning titles.

He made snidey, funny at the time, jibes about Everton but which Academy right now would you entrust your gifted son to enrol with? No choice and the general grass roots regional consensus is don't take your lad to Liverpool.

He wanted everything and it became too much; in came the defensive, stubborn and arrogant seige mentality and sold our cherished, classy midfield gem.

His man management reputation broke out as aloof, cold, inflexible and cautious; sadly at the wrong time.

His PR, press conferences and media relations were disasterous; mumbling, evasive, fearful and reactionary; who of us in our employment "guarantee" a certain result and then leak out propoganda and manipulate blame at the hand of others ( these owners simply didn't trust him, I admit ) and still expect to be in a high-paid job? I wouldn't.

He has brought both shame and glory to the Club and as LFC fans, we forgave a lot of the former for the decreasingly unlikely return of the latter but it became clear it wasn't going to return.

Then he spent up to £37m on Johnsona and Aquilani; neither will make it at LFC in the capacity they were brought; the former looking like a strong right sided mid but not a defender.

I'm thankful for Istanbul, the derby wins, utd wins and FA Cup. The Chelsea pens, Reina, Torres and Alonso but it all became too much power for him and his failings as a man had too much impact on the team and Club in the traditional English Manager all round role. His behaviour, tactics and mindset began to reflect on the team and we went from 2nd to 7th; as he struggled, so did the team.

I just hope we don't sign Martin O'Neil.

Thanks Rafa and good luck; you're a sound tactician and a football man but add on recruitment, academy directorship, PR, English media management, fueds with strong rivals and demanding expectations in a basic, spit and sawdust english league and it was a bit too much.

Just maybe don't state "facts" from a minty bit of paper, sack Academy legends, sell loved players over arguments, grow a goatee ten years after all the 9 to 5ers did and dance on stage during a critical period of uncertainty and relative failure, and you'll be sound.

Although there are bits I don't agree with, this is really a top top post.

I totally agree, mate, and that's why I think some people on here are being a bit unfair and jumping the gun.

What I would hope this does is put an end to all the pathetic 'pro' and 'anti' Rafa posturing so that we can all concentrate on getting the cowboys out.

Speaking purely on the football front, I'm looking forward to the fans being united again, so I hope that that can transfer itself to our actions against the Americans.

The problem good Dr, is the number of fuckwits who will sit back and wait for things to change due to the change of manager, there are far too many people who believe last seasons failure was purely and simply down to Benitez. By sacking Benitez (even doing it in the shithouse way they are doing it) they are, I believe, buying themselves another 12-24 months breathing space - "let's give the new man a chance / we can't do anything about the owners / we're up for sale". Where LFC is at the end of this time is the big question, the Echo a couple of days ago had a number of ex players commenting, with Saint and possibly others saying the manager needs to know where he stands... ergo good old Christy gets on the blower and lets slip that he can go for 3 mil....

So Rafa will it be box 23 or box 8, in one fuck all money to spend in the market, and we'll keep %age of any money on players sold, the other 16 mil pay off within 24 hours.... ahh don't rub yer hands together just yet, it's the wanker.... he's offering 3 mil, of yer contractual 16 mil, to get fucked now

Too right - or Bryan Robson. When will we wake up to whats happening - this is another step to them hanging on

I don't agree with that. Benitez was an irritant to them, but you're enemy's enemy shouldn't necessarily be seen as your friend. Benitez has always had his own motives, and they aren't necessarily about doing what is best for LFC. His leaving will have little material effect on how quickly the club is sold. It may have an effect on players leaving or staying, but it won't affect the speed of sale imo.

I don't agree with that. Benitez was an irritant to them, but you're enemy's enemy shouldn't necessarily be seen as your friend. Benitez has always had his own motives, and they aren't necessarily about doing what is best for LFC. His leaving will have little material effect on how quickly the club is sold. It may have an effect on players leaving or staying, but it won't affect the speed of sale imo.

Agree with that. Equally if Kenny is appointed, it is not going to have any impact on the sale process. In my opinion.

Agree with that. Equally if Kenny is appointed, it is not going to have any impact on the sale process. In my opinion.

I still dont think there is a serious sale process - but we will see when they are still here in 2 years - no decent players - but the debt has been mysteriously paid down

Again, I never claimed him to be that.

Right now i want Kenny Dalglish in charge and if not him someone like Pelligrini.

Do you trust those in charge now to make the right decisions in replacing Rafa?

I know i don't.

I've read your posts with growing interest and respect - I believe that it's the wrong time to be getting rid and it is for completely the wrong reasons.

The one thing I disagree with you about though is that I hope and pray to Jesus, Mary and all the saints that Kenny Dalglish DOESN'T get made manager.

I'd fuckin hate it if he were ever subject to some of the shite that some of the "most knowledgable supporters in the world" have come out with against Benitez.....and they will.

Do people not find it distasteful that our board have decided to offer our manager a reduced severance package and it is all over the media before the meeting has even finished?

Too me, it just confirms how rotton the core of the club is at the moment.

Do people not find it distasteful that our board have decided to offer our manager a reduced severance package and it is all over the media before the meeting has even finished?

Agreed. It is a fucking disgrace to be honest. They were in the board meeting until 23:30 last night apparently but the news broke out well before that. The club is absolutely rotten to the core mate, no doubt about that.

I hope they all die soon.

Guest ian garro
Agreed. It is a fucking disgrace to be honest. They were in the board meeting until 23:30 last night apparently but the news broke out well before that. The club is absolutely rotten to the core mate, no doubt about that.

Absolutely. It's a case of "we haven't got the money to pay him what we agreed on ages ago, but we're offering him this now - so y'know, if he does stay, it's purely because he's greedy really..."

But Kenny's back!

Everything is sunshine, happy days are here again! Waheey.....we are all one again.

Except the season tickets still haven't been sent out, next week when we have tried to shame Rafa into leaving for 5 million (out of the transfer budget) and Kenny is installed then they will arrive with a fucking huge hike, and we will moan and cry and budget.

But Kenny is back, and we have to be there for that.