You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atletico Madrid Fans

Antynwa

Just want to point out what a pleasure it was to have met them today. I have pictures on my Facebook with them during Pre Match drinks at the Shakespeare in Williamson Square.

Singing songs, swapping stories and talking football. They are an absolute quality bunch of people, who really showed respect to the city.

Can't say much more than despite this abortion of a season, they've ended it for me on a high.

Muchas gracias Atleti, y Bueno suerte por Hamburg mis amigos.

Just want to point out what a pleasure it was to have met them today. I have pictures on my Facebook with them during Pre Match drinks at the Shakespeare in Williamson Square.

Singing songs, swapping stories and talking football. They are an absolute quality bunch of people, who really showed respect to the city.

Can't say much more than despite this abortion of a season, they've ended it for me on a high.

My dad was on a bus full of them on the way to the game. He said they were superb.

Did you meet my mate?

Quality bunch it has to be said. Ant was like a spanish man possessed with his conversing in Spanish with them. Although it was a little like the Torres Adidas ad at times! "Vengo chiquo yeah!"

I think the bus driver was Spanish also! Well, Liverpool Lad thought he was Spanish anyway....... "This stop! Vamos!"

Might have been on the bus I was on with Liverpool Lad, Johnny H and Magic Sponge.

Just to add that it was great to meet the above lads and Lucky Pierre in Williamson Square yesterday for a few pints. A right good bunch. Anti and Pro together and happy!

An Atletico fan shouted at me while me and the fella were walking up Walton breck and my boyfriend (who had downed a few) went over to him and did the, in his words, "Eurpean finger wag". The Atletico fan thought it was hilarious.

I could have swore one of them was trying to tell me that in Spain they sniff cider up their nose.

Either that or he was calling me gay for drinking cider.