You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 2010 Masters.

Wig

Well it's all started online at amen corner and the course is playing very hard today by the looks of it. It's windy and with a threat of thunder storms always keeps things interesting. I'm hoping Ian Poulter win. With Lee Westwood on -1 and the leaders only on -2 with about half the field on the course it's set to be an thrilling first round. If anyone can break 68 then they will be pretty deadset for the first round lead.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised Woods is favourite I just don't see him winning after not playing for so long.

I'm hoping for an Ogilvy win.

Are you really that surprised? He has something to prove to himself and the rest of the world. If he comes out firing well then don't be surprised if he does all week. Looking back at history he does like to lead by example and with the break he has had and the practice he has been able to put in,without any prying eyes, I wouldn't be surprised at anything.

And Ogilvy is on the 13th at +4 with a birdy attempt.

Any idea where woods opening drive finished up? Got it at 3/1 to miss the fairway..

Used the wind well to leave it 6 yards onto the fairway next to the bunkers. Great tee shot shame it settled into a pit in the fairway.

On another note. Tom Watson is carrying on from where he left off at the open last year and is in the club house with a -5 67. Not bad for a 60 year old who said the course was too long for him to compete on. Go Tom.

What a first day!!

50 year old Couples leads on -6 with Westwood, Mickelson, Choi, Yang and the 60 year old Tom Watson one behind on -5. Ian Poulter had a good steady round to finish tied for 7th with Kim, Watney, Barnes and Tiger shooting his lowest first round at the masters on -4 68.

Shame Mcillroy and Harrington had such bad starts I just hope they can turn it around tomorrow to make the cut.

He only had one little paddy and he was very polite acknowledging the crowd between holes and after shots.

Even more stunning with the playing conditions and the fact he hasn't hit a ball in comp for 5 months.

Great round by Westwood too. Looks confident and sharp around the greens.

Westwood and Poulter are both playing some of the best golf I have seen either play. Westwood has had 3rd place finishes in the last 2 majors, so he is getting used to the Sunday pressures of being right up there in a major. Poulter I think will have a good top 10 finish but I have a bad feeling he will drop away a bit on Saturday. Mickelson is worth watching just needs to get his putter working a little better then he would be a hot favourite for the title again.

Westwood and Poulter are both playing some of the best golf I have seen either play. Westwood has had 3rd place finishes in the last 2 majors, so he is getting used to the Sunday pressures of being right up there in a major. Poulter I think will have a good top 10 finish but I have a bad feeling he will drop away a bit on Saturday. Mickelson is worth watching just needs to get his putter working a little better then he would be a hot favourite for the title again.

Winning the world matchplay plus his performance at the ryder cup have really elevated his game to the next level. If he is in the hunt on sunday i dont expect him to fade away at all. I watched Westwoods interview after the round last night and like poulter they both looked really relaxed yet focused....almost tiger-esque. As you say Mickelson is always in with a shout round auguster if he gets the putter working as is ernie you shot a reasonable round despite a double bogey on the card.

I can se i really exciting sunday coming up....

Westwood and Poulter look good. Woods came back strong and he will probably be the man to beat. Great round by Couples. I love his laid back style, like he's out having a stroll... in his slippers. Top man.

Really want Westwood to win this.

Hope Rory puts a good round together today too - was expecting a bit more from him.

Have to say the BBC's terrestrial coverage of the masters is awful. They could have put it live all the way through on say BBC 3. It starts at bloody 9 o clock on bbc 2 andTiger teas off at 6.45 ish. They are missing one of the best Masters for years. I also find Peter alis boring and cliched these days, he obviously got it in for tiger. He used to be funny, nowadays he comes across as a bitter senile bumbling old condger. Shocking coverage by the BBC much like their F1 coverage.

Not just the BBC, the Masters committee have a restriction on the amount of coverage that can be shown for some ridiculous reason

Wikipedia:

Significant restrictions have been placed on the tournament's broadcast hours compared to other major championships, perhaps to increase the tournament's Nielsen ratings, or to reward ticket-holders. Only in the 21st century did the tournament allow CBS to air 18-hole coverage of the leaders, a standard at the other three majors.[63] Only three hours of cable coverage is scheduled for the early rounds each day. International broadcasters do not receive additional coverage, although they may take commercial breaks at different times from CBS or ESPN. As noted before, an additional hour of coverage each day is streamed online