You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll play tomorrow

Manchester United Striker Wayne Rooney Ruled Out Of Champions League Quarter-Final Against Bayern Munich - Goal.com

Manchester United Striker Wayne Rooney Ruled Out Of Champions League Quarter-Final Against Bayern Munich

Ferguson reveals striker has made "good progress", but will not play...

By Michael Landon

Apr 6, 2010 3:53:00 PM

Wayne Rooney

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has told reporters there is "no chance" Wayne Rooney will make an early return from injury to face Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-final on Wednesday.

The Red Devils' 34-goal hit-man was injured towards the end of last week's 2-1 first leg defeat to the Bavarian giants at the Allianz Arena, and was initially ruled out for up to a month with ankle ligament damage.

However, media reports in recent days had suggested the 24-year-old would make a quicker than expected recovery to run out against the Germans at Old Trafford, but Ferguson quashed those rumours at his pre-match press conference on Tuesday.

Ferguson did admit that Rooney, who also missed training on Tuesday, has made "good progress" in his short rehabilitation so far but said he was not prepared to risk any further damage to the player's injury.

United fans will be hoping instead that their star player will be fit in time for the Premier League fixture against Blackburn Rovers on Sunday.

In his absence, Federico Macheda might be involved in the game on Wednesday after impressing Ferguson in the weekend's defeat against Chelsea.

"He's a fantastic talent," Ferguson said.

"We looked better with him on the pitch against Chelsea."

I don't believe him though.

He's said he might be on the bench though. I'd be surprised if he took the risk. I know they said he'd be out for 2 to 3 weeks and it would be heading into the 2nd week, but it's still quite a risk to play him.

Ferguson will continue to say he might figure though just so it forcess van Gaal to have to plan for it.

the fat granny shagging chav always seems to recover quick, hope it does some serious damage some day

as for that Macheda, he is fucking shite, blah blah he has 3 goals already, okay one was a decent strike, another hit him, and the other hit him and he handballed it while the rest of his all round play was shite in every game and no chance he is 17 or 18 whatever he is meant to be, looks older than Yakubu

Well according to this Champions League football expert he's not going to start tonight... So will the forum be drafting a letter of apology to Fergie..............

As for the "they're our rivals, I don't want them to do well" angle, fair point I suppose.

I just hope Fergie rushing him back doesn't knack him for England. Wouldn't be surprised though.

I hope he doesnt make the entire season and he is done.. that would cheer me up no end and I couldnt give ten fucks about ENGLUND and their world cup dreams. ITS LFC AND NOTHING ELSE FOR ME !

I pray Bayern wipe floor with them ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUILT BY SHANKS, BROKE BY YANKS, PAY YOUR MONEY TO THE BANKS - RIP LFC2010

I'm sure van Gaal was well aware that there was every chance he'd be playing, the man's not an idiot.

The media buy into it so they can write their "half-dead Shrek comes back from the dead to rescue mancs" headlines in the morning ... cunts, the lot of them

Guest Pistonbroke

Oh dear, we'll have code blowing his trumpet now. But he did say he'd be fit for the Chelsea game the waffling git.

I'll piss myself if Rooney is sent off in the opening half hour. Might go and see if i can get odds on the fat fucker getting a red card.

Why are we suprised, if it comes off tonight just watch the media rimming of demento. If he's injured again (which I fuckin hope happens) watch the pres go into meltdown.

That would be the best senario, Utd lose and Rooney is out for 6 months.

Guest Dog Chaser

Big risk by Fergie if Rooney is actually injured, which you would guess is the case as he missed the Chelsea game. I'm sure Capello has something to say about this.