You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you boycott the match if needed?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott the match if needed?

• I am a Season ticket holder and will Boycott.
    • I am a Season ticket holder and will not Boycott.
    • I would normally be going and will Boycott.
    • I would normally be going and will still go.
    • I wouldn't be going anyway.

Guest TK-421
Haven't been bothering going this season anyway. No way I'm paying money to watch the shite we havve been served up this season.

That's not really the point.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole idea of organising it on a day where the attendance would be down anyway is to hit them in the pocket.

Don't think it would be able to work on that manor, for it to have an impact and empty seats not bought we'd have to buy our tickets and then not go. I wouldn't have a problem and would be willing to do this.

People leaving 20 min before the game ended. I seriously scorn people for this type of shit, but well orchestrated it has some real potential, if the message got through to the fans on the way in i think it stands a better chance. Would it be really that hard for a load of people to stand and hand out flyers? Also if we're willing to fuck off a game lets do it in style, flags, banners t-shirts scarves and what ever - chant through the game, stay stood up all the way through then at 65 min in, even if we're winning chant again making it clear about why we're leaving the ground at such a time. The other side is, if we're loosing people would be more railed and more inclined to follow the crowd.

As for the pitch invasion, your all remembering scenes from history, if people want to get militant fans climbing the barrier and sitting on the outside of the touch line - as a sit in type protest after the game/season has finished seems less painful?? if 20k people were to do this it would be hard pressed for the club to take mass action?? I don't know the legalities sorry.

Don't think it would be able to work on that manor, for it to have an impact and empty seats not bought we'd have to buy our tickets and then not go.

That's what I'm trying to get organised though. See how many would be up for it on here, get SoS to see how many are up for it elsewhere, get it into a couple of papers. The match will nowhere near sell out, and with a few agreeing on here in the first day or so, hopefully more across the forums over the weekend, we may have a success on our hands.

Don't think it would be able to work on that manor, for it to have an impact and empty seats not bought we'd have to buy our tickets and then not go. I wouldn't have a problem and would be willing to do this.

People leaving 20 min before the game ended. I seriously scorn people for this type of shit, but well orchestrated it has some real potential, if the message got through to the fans on the way in i think it stands a better chance. Would it be really that hard for a load of people to stand and hand out flyers? Also if we're willing to fuck off a game lets do it in style, flags, banners t-shirts scarves and what ever - chant through the game, stay stood up all the way through then at 65 min in, even if we're winning chant again making it clear about why we're leaving the ground at such a time. The other side is, if we're loosing people would be more railed and more inclined to follow the crowd.

As for the pitch invasion, your all remembering scenes from history, if people want to get militant fans climbing the barrier and sitting on the outside of the touch line - as a sit in type protest after the game/season has finished seems less painful?? if 20k people were to do this it would be hard pressed for the club to take mass action?? I don't know the legalities sorry.

danny-dyer-bio.jpg

Black is the way forward and would look seriously powerful in a kop and the rest of the ground full of red and white...and the walk out once inside the ground if the message got through would seriously send a message no doubt. Win or Lose walk out 20 minutes before .....Thats would scare the fuck of them and send a message we as "fans" aren't putting up with them any longer.

Didnt anybody like my idea of some free Funeral parlour advertising then that way nobody pays for the shirts either...

The slogan in White

"BUILT BY SHANKS, BROKE BY YANKS, PAY YOUR MONEY TO THE BANKS" RIP LIVERPOOL FC circa 2010

oK HOW DO I HOST MY HANDY WORK?

go to the image,

right click

properties

highlight and copy location this one being :http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz285/red4life69/LFCBUILTBY.gif

then on here click the picture image delete whats inside and paste the copied location and there you go...

LFCBUILTBY.gif

Getting thousands of fans to boycot or walk out of a game is a great idea,but imo just would not happen on a big enough scale.

Maybe something from the kop like the justice chant,simple but getting the point across would have more chance of working.

So long as there are fans in the kop ie like members of sos etc in a few sections of the kop willing to start a chant up I think would work.

If enough people start chanting,the rest in the kop will follow suit.

Also the manc game like some have said would be the best chance of massive coverage media wise.

I know a march would never happen,but maybe again a simple chant started by us along the lines of give us our clubs back or something about Yanks would work.I think the mancs would join in.

Also it is not like a march walking side by side with them,as that would never happen,this is two sets of rivals chanting together about the same thing.

Just a thought and something both sos and united protest groups could organise together.Simple to do but the media coverage would be worldwide.Imagine the two biggest rivals in England chanting together it would be a media wankfast on a worldwide scale.

Gave up my share in the Season ticket last summer and swore never to go back under the current ownership, and have not been to Anfield since. I was talking to my dad and we realised that this will be my first season not to have gone to a game at Anfield since 1984. It used to be my Birthday and Christmas present ever year that he'd bring me to a game, until I was old enough to go by myself.

Gave up my share in the Season ticket last summer and swore never to go back under the current ownership, and have not been to Anfield since. I was talking to my dad and we realised that this will be my first season not to have gone to a game at Anfield since 1984. It used to be my Birthday and Christmas present ever year that he'd bring me to a game, until I was old enough to go by myself.

I havent bought one bit of official merchandise since 2007.

I have vowed not to buy anything official. I am going the Sunderland game in 2 weeks but I dont think that counts towards 'Official Merchandise'.

Contacted SoS about it, and they said that while they don't think it will be worth it, because:

1. Only a minority would do it, and

2. Any tickets unsold would be snapped up,

I told them that we have nearly two weeks to get it out into the forums, facebook and the press, and that I don't think the game wil sell out, so 2000 tickets unsold would be just that. He then said that he'll try and get the idea out and guage the amount of the people that would be willing to boycott.

Well in for runnin this Pierre, your a dude.

Don't anyone say "we should support the team instead", because no-ones been singing all season apart from the lads in 305, so you'd be a fucking hypocrite.

It's been well recieved, but thread kinda got sidetracked with wear black etc. Any of that will not give the owners or the banks a care about us as we're still paying!

As for walk out or turn backs, I understand why, but the owners will just think we're tits and laugh their heads off, I mean come on, how fucking stupid do you have to be, it's like buying a car and then walking to work to stop someone else harming the environment. I appreciate the visual impact of buying a ticket to stop others going and not turning up, but we have to stop the revenue, pure and simple. The TV money will ensure the club isn't hurt for this game, but sends out a massive sign of intent. If enough don't go, we've achieved something.

As for Tshirts, please don't put RIP on them, we're fighting for the club, thats so defeatist.

Theres been quite a bit of apathy too -well use it - don't bother going!!!

As for shoutin the American owners out - Portsmouth Monday night is televised, do it then if you care.

We're Liverpool, we've always led, never followed.

LFC v West Ham- BOYCOTT

As for Tshirts, please don't put RIP on them, we're fighting for the club, thats so defeatist.

Theres been quite a bit of apathy too -well use it - don't bother going!!!

As for shoutin the American owners out - Portsmouth Monday night is televised, do it then if you care.

We're Liverpool, we've always led, never followed.

LFC v West Ham- BOYCOTT

Good point, that.

As for the WHU game, it's usually the one league game I make sure I don't miss (what, with my missus being an 'Ammer and all) so this would've been a bit of personal dilemma for me. Fortunately, her brother's getting married that weekend, so I'll be daarn saarf anyway.

I just hope that any boycott against G&H is reported as such. I'm worried that the inkwasting pricks in the media will report is as "Rafa's shit, Liverpool are shit and even their fans can't be arsed watching this rubbish."

Lads ,how many all red memberships were sold this season?

If we dont purchase these memberships it would hit thier income big time.

It would also force them to have a bigger general sale or tickets available on the day of game.(which has to be a good thing for local fans.)

I will not be purchasing one this year as i wont be back under current ownership,ive been going to watch liverpool scince 1970,my father took me for my tenth birthday.

Ive been traveling over from n.ireland ever scince,as often as i can,been to numerous finals,and seen the good times and bad times come and go,but this crisis is something else,and needs fans to vote with thier feet, and organise boycots of certain games for maximum publicity.

Im thinking of joining the sos,and maybe take in away games next season as the thought of not seeing the reds for a whole season is quite scary,is thier any criteria required to get on sos buses apart from memberhip of sos.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Lucky P, did you hear back from SoS?

I've not checked back through the thread, so it might have already been posted.