You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Surprise surprise

JohnnyH

BBC Sport - Football - Wayne Rooney doubtul for friendly against Egypt

Wayne Rooney doubtul for friendly against Egypt

Carling Cup hero Wayne Rooney is a doubt for England's friendly against Egypt at Wembley on Wednesday, according to Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Manchester United boss said Rooney was suffering from discomfort in his knee after the win over Aston Villa.

"He got a whack right away," Ferguson said. "He has been complaining about that for a few weeks and I thought we might have to take him off.

"The doctors are assessing it. I don't know what England are going to do."

The 24-year-old came off the substitute's bench to score his 28th goal of the season in United's 2-1 victory at Wembley and was allowed to join up with the rest of the England squad on Sunday evening where he will be assessed by a medical team.

A decision on whether England manager Fabio Capello will have his talisman striker available for Wednesday's game against the Africa Cup of Nations winners is expected on Monday or Tuesday.

Rooney revealed he knew on Wednesday that he would not start the final but said it was not because of the knee problem.

"I had a little bit of a stomach bug and the manager was looking for an excuse to leave me out," the forward said.

"When he found out about that it made his mind up. I was still disappointed but it was the correct decision by the manager."

Rooney's Manchester United team-mate Rio Ferdinand confirmed he would not be heading to the England camp in Watford.

Instead, he will have further treatment on his back injury in the hope of being fit for Manchester United's Premier League trip to Wolves on Saturday.

____

Yet Torres will go to Spain and play and probably get fucked again.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
We should pull Torres out.

Sadly I doubt that Torres wants to be pulled out.

That's what she said!