You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The passport was in Carly's name, we'd started the paperwork to transfer him into my name and did with the vet but his passport was obviously not completed and got overlooked come the end.

I can't put him into my name if I'm not in the country so Carly's dad has to put him into his name and then send the passport out here so I can sign him over to me.

It's a right royal pain in the arse.

The passport was in Carly's name, we'd started the paperwork to transfer him into my name and did with the vet but his passport was obviously not completed and got overlooked come the end.

I can't put him into my name if I'm not in the country so Carly's dad has to put him into his name and then send the passport out here so I can sign him over to me.

It's a right royal pain in the arse.

How do you think Milo feels? Its been pissing down here

Oof. What are you going to do?

I've no idea mate.

Not thinking straight at the moment, and a lack of 'tone' in an email means I could be taking it completely the wrong way.

If it's the vet saying he's too old for the trip and wouldn't cope out here id be destroyed but could understand it.

If it's for other reasons (although they're such nice people I doubt it) I just want to tell them to fuck off and bring him out anyway.

For once in my life I sent a sensible email back rather than kick off.

We'll see.

Feel like fucking crap though.

I've no idea mate.

Not thinking straight at the moment, and a lack of 'tone' in an email means I could be taking it completely the wrong way.

If it's the vet saying he's too old for the trip and wouldn't cope out here id be destroyed but could understand it.

If it's for other reasons (although they're such nice people I doubt it) I just want to tell them to fuck off and bring him out anyway.

For once in my life I sent a sensible email back rather than kick off.

We'll see.

Feel like fucking crap though.

Hope it works out mate.

When I split with the missus the Lab stayed North. It was for the best as he hates flying and has been in Nuanavut for 10 of his 12 years. I reckon the furry bastard could not cope with anything above 10 C.

I know the ex can be a bit of a mentalist but she was a diamond when it came to the dog, she loves him as much as I do and if you knew my dog you would know. I never worried and when we had a really good row she could stop me in my tracks by saying the dog was getting upset, as could I with her. The time she whipped a bowl of pinecones at me she calmed right down when the dog became panicked a bit.

I am going to be a wreck when he goes, so hope it works out Col I have an idea of what you're feeling.

So lads, if your missus is a mentalist, get a dog.

Just had an email from Carly's parents saying they think they should keep Milo.

Devastated doesn't even come close.

Sorry, in shock I repped this rather than quoted you.

Colin, what's going on?

Edit. And quoted you before I'd seen your next post.

Fingers crossed for a good outcome

Not had a reply.

I can now only assume it's down to 'other factors' they don't want to ship him out.

I'm really surprised by their behaviour and I have to say very disappointed as they're lovely people. I now have to make a decision with Milos best interests at heart and not just go back in September and take him at gun point.

What a shitty fucked up situation.

If Milo is happy, gets lots of walks and attention and isnt left alone all day I would let him stay where he is. 

I dont know but Dubai might not be the best place for a dog compared to the UK, especially as he gets older.

• 2 weeks later...

He looks great mate. Just showed wor lass and she wants one as well now.

Let the who does he love more rivalry begin!

That battle started ages ago. She has got him loads of toys but told me this little fox thing she got him she will take up when they get him. Ive had it in bed with me since so its got my smell. He will be all over me and she wont get a second look. .. .

• Upvote 1