You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Carra be dropped?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carra be dropped?

• Yes
    • No
    • Droppings too good for him; shoot him in the face

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your view of Carragher :eek: but why did we have nothing up front?

What yer sayin like? You saying I aint wearin a bra?

Torres had one of his days, gerrard didn't seem to have the ideas and Riera was absent. Together they didn't work and showed a lack of energy. Saying that, the Chelsea defence played very well.

Torres had one of his days, gerrard didn't seem to have the ideas and Riera was absent. Together they didn't work and showed a lack of energy. Saying that, the Chelsea defence played very well.

I agree, :eek::eek: but the problems were exacerbated by the fact that our midfield areas rarely delivered the ball accurately or quickly to our forwards. Torres and Gerrard repeatedly made space but often the ball didn't get there, or was delivered when the space had been closed down and the pass anticipated by the opposition. That was where the majority of the problem was imo.

The elephant in the room is the supposition that Agger will be fit or any better.

I'm not entirely convinced. He's good going forward but I think Carragher has carried him defensively in the past and I don't think he is a defensive leader in the same vein as Carragher.

The elephant in the room is the supposition that Agger will be fit or any better.

I'm not entirely convinced. He's good going forward but I think Carragher has carried him defensively in the past and I don't think he is a defensive leader in the same vein as Carragher.

Fuck Carragher and Agger off, and play the elephant. We may have to play a slightly deeper line, but it'll be quicker on the turn.

that's a laughable assertion when you consider that Agger has been part of the Denmark team that sits top of the world cup qualifications. I think he's our best defender, he's certainly more calmer and cooler than Carragher and he's better with the ball. I doubt it's possible to conceed any more than we do currently with Carra playing

that's a laughable assertion when you consider that Agger has been part of the Denmark team that sits top of the world cup qualifications.

I think it's a laughable assertion to compare world cup qualification with the top end of the premier league, but you snigger away by all means.

What about the other player in our front 4 Thants?

I'll tell you what, if Agger and Skrtel played 8 games they would do well to conceed the goals we have and if they weren't up to scratch then we should just buy someone else, there's no excuse really.

I don't understand how you've seen them play together enough to have such faith in their proposed partnership. I think in terms of physical attributes they may work well together but I am not convinced either is a natural enough defensive leader for the whole to be as good as the sum of it's parts. It's something I'd like to see tried out in some cup games before we pin our league hopes on it personally.

Edited by zigackly

Carragher shouldn't be dropped. Ok he's had a bad start to the season but Skrtel has also been awful. We need his experience and skrtel is useless at everything he does. For me if we play agger and skrtel our defence will be 10 times worse

Saying that Skrtel is awful and useless in everything deserves to be negged. But I cant.

Welcome to the boards. Coming to forum and slating our players at the beginning is not the best way.