You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas

scousechris

Or even more rapidly, he is shite, but not as shite as Spearing so that should be a positive.

Is he shite because of his technique or because he was a Rafa signing that came good ? My bet is on the latter, knowing your deep respect for our former manager..........

Is it only pride that makes Code and Silverlining keep on beating the 'Lucas is shit' drum when he has so clearly made them look so fucking stupid?

Some of that - but both of them have an MO when "debating" - Silverlining believes that if he shouts loud enough for long enough he somehow "Wins".

Code - well to be honest, his only tactic in a debate is to say something then just deny all the logical truth that is used to destroy his argument.

Mind you - who would the rest of us get upset, huffed and annoyed at if they weren't here?

After Stunning MOTM performance by Lucas.

DaveU: How about that performance by Lucas?

Code: Agger was brillaint.

DaveU: Yeah, but I want to talk about Lucas.

Code: (pause) He was ok.

Code's brother's skit about Code storming off at 1/2 time after a good Lucas performance was even better.

Or even more rapidly, he is shite, but not as shite as Spearing so that should be a positive.

You are a total fucking , ignorant moron.

You don't have the slightest idea what makes a player , but even worse is the fact that you think you are the be all and end all of critics .

Why don't you just fuck off and "support" another team , seriously just go away.

Speaking candidly, I was one of Lucas' biggest detractors when we were a top side. But now we're a shite side, he's fucking class.

It's unfair to judge him in this Liverpool team, or even the old one perhaps. We give away possession so much and do so little with the ball, it's no wonder that midfielders sometimes look shit as they are doing twice as much work as they should be, and they look behind them and expect the defence to be 15 yards away, but they're cowering on the edge of our own box and leaving a massive gap.

That said, I expect midfielders to be decent players. And that, to me, means being a goal threat and an all-round athlete, with a bit of bite added as well. But I'm a big fan of battlers and dirty cunts like Roy Keane, Daniel de Rossi, the first incarnation of Gerrard, it's these sort of players that I think a top team needs to drive the play forward and attack the opposition. Lucas doesn't have that aura about him, and so it was reasonable to discuss the merits of a silent battler (Lucas) vs a bar room brawler midfielder.

I guess my question was, could we have a player with all of Lucas' qualities, but with added goals and bite?

And my opinion was, yes, we could find such a player I reckon. And so I was always a bit sceptical about Lucas and what he brought to the team when we had Mascherano and Alonso at the club, Lucas just looked like he should be doing something more because Masch and Xabi's role was so defined, but Lucas' didn't seem to be.

But, it's 2012 and we've basically fallen apart, and so I now consider Lucas a vital player, but probably only because of his consistancy. He's seldom 'brilliant', but at the same time he's seldom 'fucking shite'. And that has been the recent problem, this jekyll and hyde performance from Spearing, and Gerrard, and Adam, and Enrique, and Johnson, and Carragher, and formerly Kuyt. Lucas was always the constant, he was always 'alright', and that's been really important for us in recent times.

But if you ask me if Lucas would be a World Footballer of the Year nominee, no, he wouldn't.

I dunno, I think Lucas is one of the last players that need looking at right now. But in a top team he might be the sort of player that was replaced with a more fancy version. I think there was a time 2.5 years ago when I firmly believed that to be the case, but not now.

Is he shite because of his technique or because he was a Rafa signing that came good ? My bet is on the latter, knowing your deep respect for our former manager..........

No he is shite because he is too slow, so when he positions himself badly he is easily outpaced and 9 out of 10 times he ends up giving a free kick away in a dangerous position.

The fact he offers fuck all going forward does not really help much.

The two most annoying sights happening regularly when we have played the last couple of seasons are Lucas chasing players who easily outpace him and Kuyt chasing the ball who easily outpace him.

• Upvote 1

No he is shite because he is too slow, so when he positions himself badly he is easily outpaced and 9 out of 10 times he ends up giving a free kick away in a dangerous position.

The two most annoying sights happening regularly when we have played the last couple of seasons are Lucas chasing players who easily outpace him and Kuyt chasing the ball who easily outpace him.

You're so right, and we were all so very wrong! How could it have taken us so long to recognise it?

Now, is there any chance you could fuck off to a different Liverpool forum and 'educate' them in the error of their ways?

After all, your work here is done...

Here is what you look like every time you mention Lucas:

tumblr_m8d7dsZLL71rua0ioo1_500.gif

Silverlining has actually softened his view on Lucas a bit, I reckon he actually rates him a touch more than he lets on as well. I think having the forum mentalist as the only person that agrees/agreed with your view would make you re-evaluate your stance.

I'll admit that it doesn't help, no.

I rate him more than I used to, certainly. Although that wouldn't be hard. Finding a role that he can play effectively has obviously helped, although it's clear it's the only role he can play. And I do admire his tenacity and workrate and bottle hugely.

But do I think he's a very good player? Or even - as many seem desperate to convince me (or themselves) of - a great player?

No. He's still, at best, very very ordinary and I'd still replace him very readily with any number of superior players.

So no, I'm afarid I'm not, and never will be, a fan of Lucas. I simply don't like him as a player.

All those that called him a cunt / are still yapping about him need to get a grip and let it go. He is a good player, and he has stuck at it since he got here despite the groans and the bullshit. What sort of a player would he be if he had everybody behind him? Some work to an agenda though, and they won't let tiresome shit like this go. No wonder this club is fucked, a lot of people on here are like a bunch of gossiping old women.