You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The love you bring, won't mean a thing

Antynwa

Unless you sing, sing sing sing.

It's all very depressing on here, owners, no money, Benjani and some knock off Eastern European player. If you go by some people on here, we are going to implode any minute now and the world will be over.

However, one thing thats kind of struck me, for all this depression there doesn't seem to be some sort of hope amongst the fans, a belief demonstrated in a voice of unison. We saw it at half time in Istanbul,. very few believed we could do it, it was all about hope but we sang for our club, the players, Rafa, and probably dead Grandad Jimmy.

However there isn't that, there isn't a voice, there is just discontent, barriers across our fanbase, divisons and hostility. Why aren't we singing? Why aren't we going to Stanley Park burning massive fuck off effigees of our owners, and singing songs. Why aren't we toasting our past glories and singing hope for our future? It's all very depressing.

I know I'm one to talk, I am a very big critic of everything, but I support and always will do anyone that manages the reds, or wears red. It's just, when I read this forum and others, along with listening to the radio I hear people moaning and not doing anything about it.

Our atmosphere is fucking shite and often you will find people on there own singing, and no one joining it, and looking sheepish. It's happened to me. But I implore our fans on a match day to sing, I'm packing in my stewards job soon, I want to be a fan again, I want to sing the boys on.

I guess the point of this is, despite absolutely everything why don't we do the following every single game?

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8CEh_TgAg4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8CEh_TgAg4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Inspired lyrics from the great Travis there. Almost as good as:

And if we turn turn turn turn

Then we might learn

Learn to turn

And from the same song:

So where's the stars?

Up in the sky

And what's the moon?

A big balloon

There we have it. The moon; it's a big balloon.

One thing I've learned about me, over the years, is that my reaction to situations that I'm involved with - everything from watching The reds either win or lose, to eating my favourite food, or doin' th' wild thang with my favourite woman - regardless of the experience, my reaction / response attitudinaly to the initial experience is always dependant on my 'overall state' or 'current short to medium term mood'. If I'm on a downer for any reason, perceived 'good experiences' stil fall short of the mark, and perceived 'negative' experiences are even more negative! I think, personally, the world reflects our inner state in any given period of time.

So far this season, with my footy team, I've been mildly entertained, slightly bewildered, sometimes pleasantly surprised, but overall, it aint meaning very much..fact is I couldn't care less sometimes. I've had to do some digging to get to the bottom of my 'thought pool'.

What are my deep feelings?

Why has my passion gone?

Why don't i give enough of a fuck to make every moment count as special?

I'm doing some deep soul searching, and I don't think it's enough to lay the blame at the Central Bankers who want to exterminate 3/4 of the world's population and have the rest of ( them / us ) live in a New Age Green Feudal Society completely overwhelmed by Corporate Fascism at every level, with National Sovereign Governments ( our CAREGIVERS!! ) just rolling over and grabbing their share of the CREAM.

In spite of the fact that we are at the end of the Mayan Calender and the NWO is ushering in HELL, I should be COMPLETELY ALIVE IN EVERY MOMENT.

I promise to try harder.

I think it's time I did my affirmations:

I LOVE STEVIE G AND I WANT TO LIVE

I LOVE NANDO AND I WANT TO LIVE

I LOVE LUCAS AND I WANT TO LIVE ( that was a toughy )

I LOVE LFC AND I WANT TO LIVE

YNWA AND I WANT TO LIVE

THIS YEAR WE WILL WIN THE PREMIERSHIP AND I WANT TO LIVE TO SEE IT.

I LOVE LIFE AND I WANT TO LIVE TO BE IN IT.

I feel better already :)