You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

glass floor - sears tower

neko

would you step out for a look ?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. would you step out for a look ?

• yes - no problem
    • no chance
    • maybe after a few drinks, or for money

Guest Dog Chaser

After standing on the glass floor in the CN tower i decided not to go on the sears tower in Chicago. I think once you've shit yourself standing on a glass floor up in the clouds you've done them all.

Can I bring my camera on the Skywalk?

In an effort to preserve the glass, personal items are not permitted on the Skywalk. This includes cameras, cell phones, strollers, etc. Lockers are available at the Skywalk to store these items at no charge to you.

Of course that's the reason. And not at all to do with the overpriced official photographs you're flogging.....

Didn't bother my mum, least she never said she was stopped.

Still, 24 Single 60+ year old angry women,

Would you stop them?

Fuck that. And that bloke doing pull-ups on the crane. I could barely watch. I was crawling out of my chair.

Despite having the chance I never went up the World Trade centre or the Empire State. In KL last year I needed 30 minutes before I dared to go up the Tower and I'm still amazed I did it.

I'm fine rock climbing though. How fucking weird is that?

Roller coasters? No fucking way. Seriously. No fucking way.

I'm a huge fan of Roller Coasters and anything that gets your blood pumping. I did a Bungee Jump last year which was a lot of fun and I really want to do a Sky Dive.

My biggest fear is people playing with my feet. I fucking hate it and get angry if anyone goes near them. Argh

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Taipei 101 Sets New Record During Typhoon Soudelor

Taipei 101, once the world's tallest building before losing the title to the Burj Khalifa, has set a new record. As Popular Mechanics reports, the 1,667-foot-tall skyscraper's internal "tuned mass damper" swayed more than it ever has before in last week's Typhoon Soudelor. Also known as a "harmonic absorber," the massive damper moved a full meter from its central position at the tower's top in an effort to keep Taipei 101 upright during the early morning storm's 100 to 145 mph winds.

The weighted ball, measuring 18-feet in diameter and weighing 728 tons, sits on hydraulic cylinders suspended between the 87th and 82nd floors. It was engineered for winds up to 135 mph. Watch the damper (and building) sway in the video below. ...

• Upvote 2

Fuck that, I actually found out I was scared of heights on the Eiffel Tower, the lift took us up to the second level & my legs went completely, I got the next lift down & took about an hour to recover.

I went up the Top of the Rock in New York under duress, spent about 20 minutes clinging to the wall (about 10ft from the edge) while my family stood laughing their tits off at me. Never again.

In fact I shot them all when we got back down & dumped them in the East River.

Cunts.

• Upvote 2

Fuck that, I actually found out I was scared of heights on the Eiffel Tower, the lift took us up to the second level & my legs went completely, I got the next lift down & took about an hour to recover.

I went up the Top of the Rock in New York under duress, spent about 20 minutes clinging to the wall (about 10ft from the edge) while my family stood laughing their tits off at me. Never again.

In fact I shot them all when we got back down & dumped them in the East River.

Cunts.

Eiffel tower fucked me up too. It was a windy day, nobody told me that the cunt sways so much. Cunts.

Talking of glass floors, we have the Sky Tower here, up in Auckland. The observation deck has some glass floor sections. I couldn't even walk over them, let alone stand still on them.

IsVJDVR.jpg

WfgmD8h.jpg

• Upvote 1

Eiffel tower fucked me up too. It was a windy day, nobody told me that the cunt sways so much. Cunts.

Talking of glass floors, we have the Sky Tower here, up in Auckland. The observation deck has some glass floor sections. I couldn't even walk over them, let alone stand still on them.

IsVJDVR.jpg

WfgmD8h.jpg

Ha ha, I've stood on that as well mate. Shits you up for a moment, then you remember to keep telling yourself how thick the glass is.

Funnily enough, I've also been to the top of the Eiffel Tower on a stormy night and spent half the time pissing myself laughing at Mrs Tash who really wasn't happy with the swaying at all. Reminding her how long it had been standing and how many windy days it had seen only made even more fucked off with me.

• Upvote 1

I can barely look at that, never mind stand on it, and makes my contribution seem a little lame (what's new, I hear you cry) 

What I want to know is who is the eejut that signed off the glass floor just ahead of the escalators at Arrivals at Terminal 5 at Heathrow?

Well, I bet that aids the smooth flow of traffic!

We were there the other week, making our way to the down escalator when, without warning, the regular solid floor becomes this semi opaque glass. It stopped me in my tracks and I really had to think about not thinking about it as I crossed it to reach the escalator. And I certainly wasnt the only one.

I didnt like the Eiffel Tower the last time I was there either. It was not that long after 9/11 and I put it down to that but its something that's developed over time and I'm not great at anything where I can see the drop beneath me