You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RobbieOR

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely. I looked there earlier but wasnt sure if they never bothered to change it.

The French are like that. "Zoot aloors Franck, a couple of ze riders 'ave withdrawn. Shall we change le interwebsite". "Non Pierre, fuck ze anglais language interwebsite and 'ave a baguette."

cycling is still taking the piss regarding doping

but doping or not, them fellas are pushing them pedals around, its a serious test of the human body, perhaps the hardest event in any sport

read the book Rough Ride by Paul Kimmage, he`s an ex pro cylcist and he`s basicall "the whistle blower" on doping within cycling, very good read

besides shedding light on the drugs, it gives you a new, and actually forgotten interest in cycling, i remember as a kid, we`d watch it on tv for hours, but since the doping took over the headlines, it barely gets any airtime, im giving it a watch this year

junked up fuckers, but hard bastards!!!

cycling is still taking the piss regarding doping

but doping or not, them fellas are pushing them pedals around, its a serious test of the human body, perhaps the hardest event in any sport

read the book Rough Ride by Paul Kimmage, he`s an ex pro cylcist and he`s basicall "the whistle blower" on doping within cycling, very good read

besides shedding light on the drugs, it gives you a new, and actually forgotten interest in cycling, i remember as a kid, we`d watch it on tv for hours, but since the doping took over the headlines, it barely gets any airtime, im giving it a watch this year

junked up fuckers, but hard bastards!!!

I think deca and double deca triathlons are harder, but I agree, doped or not it is some really tough bastards doing this. If you haven't yet, go to l'alpe d'huez and try and cycle up to the summit, unreal.

Can someone explain the tactics of cycling to me. I hear all this guff about how it's very tactical, all about point scoring and teamwork and so on, but I would have assumed that all you need to do is pedal faster and take more drugs than everyone else to win.

Can someone explain the tactics of cycling to me. I hear all this guff about how it's very tactical, all about point scoring and teamwork and so on, but I would have assumed that all you need to do is pedal faster and take more drugs than everyone else to win.

It's not that easy. You could eat Ben Johnson and still don't stand a chance if you don't have a team working for you.

It's like the lone riders getting ahead of the field on pretty much every leg, getting 10-15 minutes ahead of the fields, and still getting caught up when the field or one single team start pedalling in controlled forms when it's only 20 km left. It's all about who makes what move, who they allow to get ahead of the field and who they don't. If for example Contador tries to go for himself then his main opponents for the overall win will close the gap straight away. The only way a rider like him can get a gap is to have his team do the hard work, especially entering mountains, and him staying put in the midle with no air resistance saving himself. When his team mates gets tired they fall through the field all knackered and leaves the next drag for the next rider. Repeated until Contador is left alone a few km from the finish, and then it's all up to him (and maybe his main opponents, if they have a good enough team to follow in the start). That's just one aspect of the tactics.

armstrong has done more than any other to destroy all the romance in sport

greg lemond has recently expressed the view that cycling is past the point of rescue and armstrong is largely

le tour n'est pas authentique

le tour est fini

le tour est plein de merd

armstrong has done more than any other to destroy all the romance in sport

greg lemond has recently expressed the view that cycling is past the point of rescue and armstrong is largely

le tour n'est pas authentique

le tour est fini

le tour est plein de merd

I don't understand why. He's probably the most dominant athlete of our generation... Does that kill a sport?

I don't understand why. He's probably the most dominant athlete of our generation... Does that kill a sport?

Do you not see how that guy has drugged his way to the top and blatantly so?

The evidence against armstrong is massive.

Lemond was clean and can be trusted in expressing his view.

He also expressed a view on how to train properly. Most athletes overtrain. After the tour alot of them would killt hemselves to get ready for the autumn classics or the world champsionships. He would do nothing for a week or two until he was horny as a wildcat and then he would know his body was ready. Old school but effective.

Reckon I am ready for some serious training myself.

He also expressed a view on how to train properly. Most athletes overtrain. After the tour alot of them would killt hemselves to get ready for the autumn classics or the world champsionships. He would do nothing for a week or two until he was horny as a wildcat and then he would know his body was ready. Old school but effective.

Actually, the evidence just isn't there. He's the most drug tested athlete in the history of sport, Sol.

Armstrong is what happens when the person who has a body built for perfectly for something and finds it.

Do you know his story? He didn't even start in cycling. He did triathalons and his mother was trying to get him a sponsorship and she sent his times in and the guy noticed that Lance was performing on a bike better than most professional riders, but his other events times were average.

Actually, the evidence just isn't there. He's the most drug tested athlete in the history of sport, Sol.

Armstrong is what happens when the person who has a body built for perfectly for something and finds it.

Do you know his story? He didn't even start in cycling. He did triathalons and his mother was trying to get him a sponsorship and she sent his times in and the guy noticed that Lance was performing on a bike better than most professional riders, but his other events times were average.

I will find the eveidence and revert

Armstrong is the most tested athlete in the history of sports, is that the evidence you are refering to?

And LeMond clean? It is even more widely known that it was impossible to win anything in cycling at the time he won, than it is that Armstrong was drugged.

Armstrong is the most tested athlete in the history of sports, is that the evidence you are refering to?

And LeMond clean? It is even more widely known that it was impossible to win anything in cycling at the time he won, than it is that Armstrong was drugged.

Look at Lemond's times compared to the times of even the domestiques three or four years after he retired. Lemond was wining but not by alot. Lemond was never accused and never suspected and his was a natural talent.

Look at Lemond's times compared to the times of even the domestiques three or four years after he retired. Lemond was wining but not by alot. Lemond was never accused and never suspected and his was a natural talent.

The "common knowledge" though is that pretty much every single rider was drugged back then. That's why he didn't win by much. Being accused or not is not an evidence of wether or not someone was drugged anyway.

Just to make one thing clear; I am of the opinion that we should treat an athlete as clean until he is found guilty of being drugged. I treat Armstrong as one of the greatest athletes of all time based on that, and I do so with LeMond too. The minute I start treating them as guilty without any proof is the time I quit following the sport all together. The reason I mentioned LeMond the way I did was to prove a point, not to accuse him of anything.

The "common knowledge" though is that pretty much every single rider was drugged back then. That's why he didn't win by much. Being accused or not is not an evidence of wether or not someone was drugged anyway.

Just to make one thing clear; I am of the opinion that we should treat an athlete as clean until he is found guilty of being drugged. I treat Armstrong as one of the greatest athletes of all time based on that, and I do so with LeMond too. The minute I start treating them as guilty without any proof is the time I quit following the sport all together. The reason I mentioned LeMond the way I did was to prove a point, not to accuse him of anything.

this would normally be the case but not cycling where the sports authorities collude in the crime