You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven Cohen - just received this.

Kopite

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't actually, none of that came across in your post.

So you think I came in here to say 'what a useless and unrealistic thing to do. I hate coming in here because what we're all doing is pointless. We should all let this cunt go on spouting lies and spreading hate'.

That's what I got from your post.

Are there any transcripts of his show anywhere? This isn't to have a go at anyone posting what they heard, but it's important to get the words he used right.

He's made comments in the past as well, years ago, be handy if they're written down anywhere.

Also I've seen references made to him getting threats. Threats to his family. His middle name isn't "Dunk" is it? I've not seen any evidence of the threats and Mr Oldham was never able to produce the evidence for all those threats he said his kids got.

You go to the WSD website, go to the messageboard, and you can't even view the messages unless you've registered. Again, familiar.

People who are upset with him and try to reason with him seem to be getting a response where he's talking about taking legal action against them. Again, familiar.

What I find intriguing is the history of this guy. He has none. He is Chelsea personified. Actually he's not, because they did have a tiny bit of history prior to the Premier League.

He was born in London in 1962. He moved to the US at some point, no idea when, can't find anything.

He was supposedly in the US army for four years. No idea which bit of the army or whether he saw any active service. Can't find anything about it.

He started to support Chelsea in 1997 I think it said in one of his biogs. So what did he do football-wise for the first 35 years of his life? And who did he support in 1989? Where was he in 1989?

He left the music business to start WSW (as it was). What did he do in the music business? I can't find anything at all about that.

Maybe he's spoken about all of this in past shows, but it all seems so secretive. In fact that's where he seems to differ from the S*n-hat wearer. There's no mention of whether he's married, if he has kids, if he has a brother or sister (and if they're into 'soccer') or if his parents are still around. Did he come to the US as a child dragged by his parents or on his own as a teenager?

Maybe I'm off the mark, but I sense there's something about his past he's desperate to keep quiet.

I don't know whether this has been posted before, but listen to this and try not to punch your screen (I just about managed it).

YouTube - World Soccer Daily Oct 27, 2008

That's fucking disgraceful, and blows ALL of his arguments out of the water. I really don't understand what he's trying to get at when he says "they didn't know what I meant". Maybe you fucking shithouse they were just ignoring you for the slimy little scumbag that you are.

oops, just noticed the post above. But I stil would've said the above.

[YOUTUBE]_4voocATI3g[/YOUTUBE]

Is anybody clued up on media law here? Couldn't that be some kind of incitement rule he's breaking there? I can't believe there are no broadcasting rules that he's not infringing with all this.

I think instead of e-mailing this waste of skin, we should be emailing his bosses.

Guest ShoePiss
So you think I came in here to say 'what a useless and unrealistic thing to do. I hate coming in here because what we're all doing is pointless. We should all let this cunt go on spouting lies and spreading hate'.

That's what I got from your post.

you said "Every time I click on this thread I wonder why I did it." with no other comment. From that there was no indication that you actually cared about the subject at all. Subsequent posts by you added your actual feelings towards the subject, are we fucking done now?

you said "Every time I click on this thread I wonder why I did it." with no other comment. From that there was no indication that you actually cared about the subject at all. Subsequent posts by you added your actual feelings towards the subject, are we fucking done now?

I'm a Liverpool fan on a Liverpool forum. You're so right I don't give a fuck. And I made it even more obvious by coming in here and posting that I didn't. Grow up and admit you were wrong. Your post did nothing but try and put someone who does care about the topic in a bad light.

Guest ShoePiss
Is anybody clued up on media law here? Couldn't that be some kind of incitement rule he's breaking there? I can't believe there are no broadcasting rules that he's not infringing with all this.

I think instead of e-mailing this waste of skin, we should be emailing his bosses.

I don't think FCC rules apply to his show, a bit like HBO are allowed to use certain swear words that the FCC have on their banned list.

Agree there's no point responding directly to him, people have tried reasoned debate with him and he's not interested. Over on rawk they're doing a brilliant job going after the sponsors of his programmes, fox soccer channel and sirius radio. This is definitely the best approach.

Guest ShoePiss
I'm a Liverpool fan on a Liverpool forum. You're so right I don't give a fuck. And I made it even more obvious by coming in here and posting that I didn't. Grow up and admit you were wrong. Your post did nothing but try and put someone who does care about the topic in a bad light.

I've never had a problem admitting I'm wrong about anything, I judged you on what you said, you then added context to that and it made sense.

Here is a recording of Mr.Cohen admitting to singing the murderers chant to Liverpool supporters at the bar after we ended their unbeaten home record.

YouTube - World Soccer Daily Oct 27, 2008

Mr.Cohens employers

comments@foxsoccer.com

afitzpatrick@siriusradio.com

could you all send your emails to his employers,keep the pressure on,

this man needs to be stopped.

we are small but we are many.

Guest ShoePiss
Looks like it's starting to get more publicity state side...

1989 U.K. Soccer Disaster Still Stirs Emotions : NPR

Click listen

Can you feel the pressure now cohen you dirty scum bag bastard, hope your fucking proud of yourself you egotistical twat, keep looking in to our message boards you slimey cunt, we are never gonna stop!!!

I'm certain Cohen contacted Tom Goldman with his side of the story first, you'll notice that the article paints cohen as the victim and not the liar that he is. NPR contacted 4pool over on rawk but didn't bother using any of the information he provided.

When I first heard NPR were doing this piece I had hopes they would put together both sides of the story and highlight the fact that Cohen has no facts to back up his opinion. I then read up on Goldman before this was aired and my heart sank when I read a certain piece of info on him. I didn't have any hope for it to be a reasonable, balanced piece...sadly I was proved right.

Still, his sponsors and broadcast providers are the targets now, not him directly. There is a list of sponsors that are being boycotted by US supporters club, it can be found as a sticky on rawk...

By JACK BELL

Passion is part of soccer’s fascination, but when does passion cross the line to madness, fanaticism or worse?

One can argue with the appeal of a TV chat show like “Fox Football Fone-In” on the Fox Soccer Channel, but what is hard to argue with is the right of one of the co-hosts, Steven Cohen, to state an opinion without becoming the victim of opprobrium, ugly scorn, death threats and vitriolic taunts.

"The US was wrong to invade Iraq" is an opinion.

"Xabi Alonso shouldn't be sacrificed for Silva & Tevez" is an opinion.

"Liverpool fans were to blame for the Hillsborough disaster" is a factual claim that is demonstrably false and slanderous.

If Cohen claimed on-air with minimal or fabricated evidence that Jack Bell is a pedophile who molests his children, would the latter defend his right to this "opinion"? I imagine he would sue for libel and defamation of character.

I don't get the obsession with free speech, I am sure the American media is owned by a select few, similar to a lot of developed countries

I dunno, I imagine it's the same with them owning guns to defend themselves, and the lack of either would somehow lead to communism.

I don't get the obsession with free speech, I am sure the American media is owned by a select few, similar to a lot of developed countries

Cohen's just muddying the waters with this as he knows that Americans hold freedom of speech as a fundamental right.

As someone pointed out would they be as tolerant as he came out and blamed the victims of 9/11 for being in the Twin Towers for what happened, which is in effect what he has done over Hillsborough.

I wonder about the death threats too (some cranks might have sent something in), but can I ask why hasn't he published any of them?

Cohen has previous as regards lying too (evidence his view on Hillsborough). Surely if there have been death threats then the FBI/American authorities would be interested in this?

He's a odious little man with a hatred of Liverpool.

Edited by Kopite

Its funny how that cunt says that he wont get a fair crack of the whip from UK journalists but he makes sure he only speaks to US journalists who emphasise his side of the story stating opinions as facts. He really is lower than a snakes belly.

What an absolute cunt that guy Cohen is. He is straight from the mackenzie mould.

I applaud anyone who has put time and effort into fighting both these tossers lies.

It is a shame that it has taken 20 years for the events that day in April 89 to recieve some publicity to back up the truth of what happened. So everybody that considers themselves to be a true liverpool supporter should do their bit to keep the situation being debated at the highest level. Even if it is only firing off a few emails to help the protest against Cohen/Mackenzie, or educating about The s*n.

I am not from Liverpool but when I watch programmes like Mcgoverns Hillsborough, or read peoples accounts of that day it breaks my heart.I cannot begin to imagine how people from Liverpool feel.But still the protest remains dignified 20 years on.

Once again I applaud you all for that , your determination i hope will end in justice.

Guest The Chimp

What type of sick, twisted individual would use the death of kids and children to point score. He's one thick, biggotted, evil twat - he knew exactly what he was saying, the hurt and anger it would purposely cause and the reaction it would get. If our two owners ever wanted to genuinely start making ammends they could do a lot worse than go after Cohen.

he thrives on people getting angry at him,the best thing to do would of been to ignore him all together, it's to late for that now but unless he loses the show then he wins.

I would of never heard about him if it was for this thread and now I feel it necessary to come on here and read the new shit he's spouting every week and it riles me up I wish I'd never heard his name because there isn't much that can be done apart from draw more attention to him which is exactly what he wants.

Edited by Rex Banner