You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not quite the same.

Denzel should have won the previous year for 'The Hurricane' but they gave it to Russel Crowe for 'Gladiator.' Then wen Denzel won, Russel should actually have won for 'A Beautiful Mind.' The history books should be amended and the Oscars swapped.

RYAN GIGGS GETS NOMINATED FOR OSCAR.........stranger things have happened:whistle:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute joke but we all knew it was coming. Look back to when the votes were being cast and there endless articles about Giggs, endless praise on Sky about what a great servant he is etc and given most footballers have shit for brains it's no surprise he racked up the most votes.

Also think it's a joke that Van der Saar got in the team of the season. Mark Schwarzer has been incredible for Fulham this season, but then he doesn't play for the top 4 so I suppose he doesn't actually exist.

Man Utd kept all those clean sheets because of Vidic and Ferdinand, not VDS.

Does anyone not think it's quite funny that the team of the season has Giggs and Gerrard as the central midfielders?

Sure they can both play in that position, but it's hardly their regular positions.

He wouldn't finish the match the old twat. The awards a bit of a fucking joke. Robbie the sheep on SSN saying he deserves it for sentimental reasons:|:

The PFA awards are actually determined upon a calendar year, not the footballing season. It considers the performances of individuals throughout all of the competitions. As such, Ryan Giggs has made a total of 40 appearances, not 12 - which is precisely the same number of appearances that your captain, Steven Gerrard, has made in that very same period.

Feel free to abuse me if you want, I'm a Manc and I don't give a fuck.

The PFA awards are actually determined upon a calendar year, not the footballing season. It considers the performances of individuals throughout all of the competitions. As such, Ryan Giggs has made a total of 40 appearances, not 12 - which is precisely the same number of appearances that your captain, Steven Gerrard, has made in that very same period.

He still did not deserve it. In fact he did not deserve to be in the top 20 players. He has been given it purely because he is nearing the end of his career and if you can't see that, you're fucking stupid.

I can name about 5 of your own players who deserved it above him.

If the PFA wanted to give him an achievement award I don't think anyone would have battered an eyelid, he's had a superb career. For one player to play 800 games at such a high level and to win so much is pretty rare. Other players might have deserved special recognition in the past aswell but that can't be changed now.

But for him to win the player of the year award this year is a joke.

Clowns to the left of me jokers to the right here I am stuck in the middle with you.

RYAN GIGGS GETS NOMINATED FOR OSCAR.........stranger things have happened:whistle:

They certainly have, on tonight's Northwest news I was hearing of growing calls for him to be given a knighthood for his services to football and his charidee work.

I also heard a rumour that when Steven Hawking retires later this year, Giggs is virtually certain to replace him as Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge.

I heard the knighthood for Giggs thing, is because he has played all his career for one club and does a lot of charity work. That being the case, I look forward to Carra being put forward for one in a few years time as well. Oh, and in this alternate future, Liverpool managers also win knighthoods for winning the European Cup.

Gordong Taylor try's to justify Giggs winning it and fails...

"I understand why people are saying about Ryan Giggs but he was nominated as long ago as 15 years and in the early 1990s he was young player," said Taylor.

"He's been nominated countless occasions since and I can't believe one of the top six of any of the others would deny him the right to have the one trophy he's not had in his cabinet.

"Sometimes you can make a big impact in relatively few games and he's still capable of showing his skill at his age now as when he was nominated 15 years ago."

And Taylor defended the timing of the award, although did not rule out a change in the future.

"There may well be but it has its own slot now and in general, for the vast majority, the players have been spot on," said Taylor.

"You could have one match of Ryan Giggs which could be worth 40 of another player, so sometimes you don't just drink the best wine in the world every night of the week but it can have a long-lasting effect.

"Ryan's been a man for all seasons and nobody can deny him.

"The reception he got last night was fantastic, the audience were on their feet for five minutes giving him a standing ovation and we've not had too many of those."

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck off

A lot of people keep trying to justify this selection because he has never won it. It's because was never good enough to win it. Dickheads.

Why don't we just give Jimmy White byes all the way to the title in the snooker? He has never won and nobody can begrudge him the trophy he never got.

They have totally devalued that award now.

Not quite the same.

Denzel should have won the previous year for 'The Hurricane' but they gave it to Russel Crowe for 'Gladiator.' Then wen Denzel won, Russel should actually have won for 'A Beautiful Mind.' The history books should be amended and the Oscars swapped.

:yes: I would add Crowe got his bacause he deserved it for 'The Insider' but they gave it to Kevin Spacey for AB. However I think Kevin Spacey is boss so I didn't mind too much but this IMO was the catalyst for stupid decisions for about 4 years.

I'm assuming that he's referring to Wiley because he reffed our 4-1 in at Old Trafford. There wasn't a single decision you could dispute from that game:

He was right to award the Mancs a pen.

He was right to award us a pen.

He was right to send Vidic off and award us a free-kick.