You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

14 hours ago, Remmie said:

Flavourly is shite isnt it? Loads of one dimensional session IPAs. Beer 52 is a bit better but pretty unpredictable. 

Exactly this

Rubbish IPAs followed by rubbish bitters

Beer 52 introduced me to the glorious ABK beers so they get a pass

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Madri seems to be like shit in a field at the moment, it's made by Coors but it's not bad.

Launched a couple of years ago to be their 'premium' beer and co-created with La Sagra. It's cheap as fuck to buy in per barrel in comparison to Moretti, Peroni etc.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RedKnight said:

Launched a couple of years ago to be their 'premium' beer and co-created with La Sagra. It's cheap as fuck to buy in per barrel in comparison to Moretti, Peroni etc.

I prefer Peroni but its better than Moretti if I am going for a lager. 

A mate of mine has bought an old nightclub and is converting it into a snooker club with those flight club darts. Anyway, on the facebook page people keep on asking if they will sell fucking Carling. I thi k its still the top selling beer in the UK. Why do people have stupid taste buds? 

• Upvote 2

On 25/07/2022 at 14:57, stringvest said:

Hipster IPAs can fuck right off.  They're all shite. Anything with a tang of citrus especially.  Just fuck off you fucking beardy cunts.

They are plenty of alternatives out there even if most IPAs aren't my thing, NEIPAs and DIPAs are. Like everything there are shite and decent versions. 

The beer masters mystery box deal I mentioned earlier is currently £24 for 24. This time round I got 2 of most things including 2 different Deyas a couple Omnipollos and only a couple below 440ml. No German beers this time, all craft beer stuff. Beak seem to do some nice beers as do Northern monk. And I just had this amazing maple syrup beer, though I paid £4.50 for this and that was on sale at 50% off. As thick as molasses. There are 2x2 bizarre protein shake lassi goses though and apparently they are 6% but taste like pure sugar. I tried to fob one off on the mrs but she wasnt having it. Maybe I can mix it with something to make it nice. Any suggestions? 

imgly_7370118598833041534.jpg

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Remmie said:

They are plenty of alternatives out there even if most IPAs aren't my thing, NEIPAs and DIPAs are. Like everything there are shite and decent versions. 

The beer masters mystery box deal I mentioned earlier is currently £24 for 24. This time round I got 2 of most things including 2 different Deyas a couple Omnipollos and only a couple below 440ml. No German beers this time, all craft beer stuff. Beak seem to do some nice beers as do Northern monk. And I just had this amazing maple syrup beer, though I paid £4.50 for this and that was on sale at 50% off. As thick as molasses. There are 2x2 bizarre protein shake lassi goses though and apparently they are 6% but taste like pure sugar. I tried to fob one off on the mrs but she wasnt having it. Maybe I can mix it with something to make it nice. Any suggestions? 

imgly_7370118598833041534.jpg

I’ve searched twice for this and can’t find it. Could you link me please? Thanks.

EDIT Beer Merchants I think. Said you might get  Gin as well, threw me off a bit. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, paddyberger said:

I’ve searched twice for this and can’t find it. Could you link me please? Thanks.

EDIT Beer Merchants I think. Said you might get  Gin as well, threw me off a bit. Thanks. 

https://www.beermerchants.com/magical-mystery-box

Sold out though.

They do them quite regularly though.

Try hoptimism as well, they usually do really good mystery boxes and you’ll get lots of really good beer and a few curve balls.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

Very happy with at @Remmie, nice one. Only had one of the before too. 

12FD2BF8-11A9-4EEB-8DDD-410A504B35A3.jpeg

B925687F-D823-452C-88C2-6D098FD6F3F8.jpeg

42A27792-07A5-45FC-9E8C-6241723CEC57.jpeg

That’s awesome, but confirms something.

People are bored of Deya now and they’re not selling anymore.

Still great beers, but they’ve just found a formula, admittedly a very good one, and stuck to it meaning people became indifferent to it.

That really is great value though.

For fucks sake, it's beer merchants not beer masters, I always misremember their name. 

The oat lager in the yellow can was pretty dull and those ones with a feather on it are the pure sugar vile things I'm afraid. I really enjoyed the beak brewery beers however and the Northern monk (they have sent me 2 x 9% abv beers twice now). The rest if those I dont think were in my boxes, even the Deya beers were different. 

I have had the Vedett before, I wonder if it still has one of the most bizarre and inaccurate straplines I ever came across: it tastes like milk! 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Remmie said:

For fucks sake, it's beer merchants not beer masters, I always misremember their name. 

The oat lager in the yellow can was pretty dull and those ones with a feather on it are the pure sugar vile things I'm afraid. I really enjoyed the beak brewery beers however and the Northern monk (they have sent me 2 x 9% abv beers twice now). The rest if those I dont think were in my boxes, even the Deya beers were different. 

I have had the Vedett before, I wonder if it still has one of the most bizarre and inaccurate straplines I ever came across: it tastes like milk! 

I’ll give them all a go. My Dad’s coming for a few days tomorrow so no doubt they’ll be gone in no time.

The feathers ones are the Omnipollos, they are usually about 10 quid a can so that a shame. 

45 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

That’s awesome, but confirms something.

People are bored of Deya now and they’re not selling anymore.

Still great beers, but they’ve just found a formula, admittedly a very good one, and stuck to it meaning people became indifferent to it.

That really is great value though.

I like Deya but know what you mean. Pollys are similar for the same reason but again, Im good with them too. 

The Saturated range are really good, I think the Citra one is my only 5 rating on Untappd so was pretty happy to see one of them in there. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

I like Deya but know what you mean. Pollys are similar for the same reason but again, Im good with them too. 

The Saturated range are really good, I think the Citra one is my only 5 rating on Untappd so was pretty happy to see one of them in there. 

Polly’s is a really good comparison.

They both seem to have their recipe base and then build the hop profiles on top, which just leads to much of a muchness, but still solid beers.

Anyhows that box looks insane value, enjoy!